or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1313

post #19681 of 27340
Someone's selling high on Kemba devil.gif

Al Jeff will be back and that usage rate will go down. Sorry to blow up someone's spot but I couldn't resist peepwall[1].gif
post #19682 of 27340
Where is RFX to complain about talking fantasy in the NBA thread?

Wow. Kobe with 17 assists yesterday.
post #19683 of 27340
Thread Starter 
My gripe wasn't about fantasy talks, it's your constant bitching when Kobe doesn't shoot well (which is almost every night he plays). And there hasn't been much fantasy talks in the last page, just mentions of stats but mostly it's been about the possible trades. Sadly you are too illiterate to understand what people are talking about, you got some tunnel vision that only want to focus on what you can troll about.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothersport View Post

Well they definitely don't need a post presence imo, if anything they just need a new coach and offense.

I think I agree w/ you that they might as well try to get him. But I do think you're overvaluing him...guy is a 26 yo 7"2 center w/ offensive skills, if he was good brooklyn would keep him instead of firesaling him in the same category as deron Williams and joe Johnson. He's been back from injury since 12/23 and still can't start over plumlee so he's as healthy as he's ever gonna be.

Nah, Nets is just resetting just like any franchise who wants to change things and get younger and thing about the future than winning now. Philly and Bostons and NY has been doing the same thing, they're trying to get rid of big and bad contracts.

He isn't starting because when he was out and they started winning more (not much but more than usual) and Hollins decided to bench him and Deron upon their return. It was reported and Hollins stated it himself that if they were winning then why change the starting line-up and that he hoped it made Brooks and Deron work harder to earn their spot again.

Just because the team is moving him/wants to move him doesn't mean the player is a bad, they just feel these guys aren't good for the future and they want picks or cap space to start over again. If they feel he doesn't fit with the team anymore then why keep him even if he was good? He hasn't been healthy and that well documented so why not try to get something for him before he completely deteriorates to a point where he cannot play? The argument " if he was good brooklyn would keep him instead" just doesn't work in all cases.

I do think OKC need that inside presence, they need to change because obviously they can't win this what they have now and just like how range shooters opens up the lane, good offensive players in the paint opens up Russy and KD to chuck up open shots from the outside. Ibaka isn't enough and I feel like even most of his shots are outside the paint. It never hurts to have that inside presence.


Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

its true tho. lamb gets buried in their bench and lopez might provide something. but he's going to cost $17 mill next season. wont that put them in luxury tax?

They do not have to sign him and it frees up space or offer him a lot less, which is not out of the question.




Anyways, it's being reported that this trade between OKC, BKN and CHA are dead.
post #19684 of 27340
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

My gripe wasn't about fantasy talks, it's your constant bitching when Kobe doesn't shoot well (which is almost every night he plays).

Sure. Whatever you say bro.



Interesting:

http://fansided.com/2015/01/15/deandre-jordan-tweets-something-interesting-thursday-night/
post #19685 of 27340
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

They do not have to sign him and it frees up space or offer him a lot less, which is not out of the question.
 
But it's a player option, right? So it'd be entirely up to Lopez whether he wants to opt in or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Anyways, it's being reported that this trade between OKC, BKN and CHA are dead.
 
Probably for the best. I think Lionel Hollins would have eventually lost his shit if he had to deal with Lance Stephenson every night...

But now it just looks like OKC and BKN are talking with each other...Lopez for Perkins and Lamb. That's absolutely a garbage deal for Brooklyn no matter how many picks the Thunder throw in. Lopez at one point was the best scoring big man in the NBA. The Nets should give him more time to put up bigger numbers and then gauge interest from other teams.
post #19686 of 27340
Thread Starter 
I think you are right and with his injuries, I am sure he'd use it to guarantee his money.

Looking at the OKC cap though, seems like they are at $80m right now but next year they shed about $11m by not resigning Perkins (who is making $9m this year) and Collison and Telfair (who makes $1,5-$2m each).

I'm not really sure of the cap but according to this (http://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/) OKC is actually already over the cap by $1.5m?

Nets are over by $13m so that is why they are trying to mover the big three contracts they have. Can't believe the Hawks has a $20m cap space.
post #19687 of 27340
Scott Brooks is the Doug Collins of OKC. When they finally can him, Thunder will get a chip
post #19688 of 27340
Thread Starter 
What's his contract like? He should have been replaced a year or two ago. Again, OKC, give George Karl a call.
post #19689 of 27340
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

What's his contract like?
Max.
post #19690 of 27340
Thread Starter 
kawhi-leonard-rare-smile-dot-gid.gif
post #19691 of 27340
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Just because the team is moving him/wants to move him doesn't mean the player is a bad,
what else can it mean if all they're getting back is lamb...this isn't like tanking teams selling off their good players for 1st-round picks. if the nets can't get literally anything useful back for lopez, then that means that they can't get anything useful from any other team either, which means that most likely nobody in the league thinks he's a very good player.

just temper your expectations. it's like josh smith, these players fall off cliffs quickly, they're not the same players they were 3 years ago. not to mention he's most likely going to get hurt during the year and then they're stuck w/ $17M of dead weight that might have been used better somewhere else.
post #19692 of 27340
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Someone's selling high on Kemba devil.gif

Al Jeff will be back and that usage rate will go down. Sorry to blow up someone's spot but I couldn't resist peepwall[1].gif

I think his points will come down but right now it's at pretty ridiculous levels. Honestly I had thought kemba has been over performing and was wondering when he'd come down but if you look at his logs he's been pretty awesome with or without Al Jefferson. Top 40 value over the season
post #19693 of 27340
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

My gripe wasn't about fantasy talks, it's your constant bitching when Kobe doesn't shoot well (which is almost every night he plays). And there hasn't been much fantasy talks in the last page, just mentions of stats but mostly it's been about the possible trades. Sadly you are too illiterate to understand what people are talking about, you got some tunnel vision that only want to focus on what you can troll about.
Nah, Nets is just resetting just like any franchise who wants to change things and get younger and thing about the future than winning now. Philly and Bostons and NY has been doing the same thing, they're trying to get rid of big and bad contracts.

He isn't starting because when he was out and they started winning more (not much but more than usual) and Hollins decided to bench him and Deron upon their return. It was reported and Hollins stated it himself that if they were winning then why change the starting line-up and that he hoped it made Brooks and Deron work harder to earn their spot again.

Just because the team is moving him/wants to move him doesn't mean the player is a bad, they just feel these guys aren't good for the future and they want picks or cap space to start over again. If they feel he doesn't fit with the team anymore then why keep him even if he was good? He hasn't been healthy and that well documented so why not try to get something for him before he completely deteriorates to a point where he cannot play? The argument " if he was good brooklyn would keep him instead" just doesn't work in all cases.

I do think OKC need that inside presence, they need to change because obviously they can't win this what they have now and just like how range shooters opens up the lane, good offensive players in the paint opens up Russy and KD to chuck up open shots from the outside. Ibaka isn't enough and I feel like even most of his shots are outside the paint. It never hurts to have that inside presence.
They do not have to sign him and it frees up space or offer him a lot less, which is not out of the question.




Anyways, it's being reported that this trade between OKC, BKN and CHA are dead.

I thought he had a player option for 16-17. So if they trade for him he'll stay another year getting paid $17 mill?

And really do they need a post presence? I feel like KD is more efficient in ISO than any post player
post #19694 of 27340
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

They do not have to sign him and it frees up space or offer him a lot less, which is not out of the question.
 
But it's a player option, right? So it'd be entirely up to Lopez whether he wants to opt in or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Anyways, it's being reported that this trade between OKC, BKN and CHA are dead.
 
Probably for the best. I think Lionel Hollins would have eventually lost his shit if he had to deal with Lance Stephenson every night...

But now it just looks like OKC and BKN are talking with each other...Lopez for Perkins and Lamb. That's absolutely a garbage deal for Brooklyn no matter how many picks the Thunder throw in. Lopez at one point was the best scoring big man in the NBA. The Nets should give him more time to put up bigger numbers and then gauge interest from other teams.

Perkins was also at one point one of the best defenders in the nba
post #19695 of 27340
I was actually just thinking that. The difference, though, is Lopez is 26 and theoretically still has his most productive years of ball ahead of him. Perkins is 30 and has basically plateaued. Obviously the x-factor is Lopez's health. It would be well worth it for the Nets to give him time to boost his value and prove he can stay on the court, IMO.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread