or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1210

post #18136 of 27250
nod[1].gif
post #18137 of 27250
Great article on Joakim Noah on Grantland today. Been a bball fan for as long as I can remember but one gives it to me quite like this guy.
post #18138 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Great article on Joakim Noah on Grantland today. Been a bball fan for as long as I can remember but one gives it to me quite like this guy.


Best player in the NBA, if only because of this:

"Noah was so honest and unfiltered that during his pre-draft workout, he told Bulls officials that he grew up a Knicks fan who hated Michael Jordan."
post #18139 of 27250
Blake griffin writes about Donald sterling

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/blake-griffin-the-boss/
post #18140 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

Blake griffin writes about Donald sterling

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/blake-griffin-the-boss/

damn, i really enjoyed this. thanks for posting!
post #18141 of 27250
poor Blake had to endure his socially awkward boss, big deal
I do that for less money
post #18142 of 27250
i don't think he's asking for pity. just writing about his experience under an awkward boss. also it's a little different when your boss is the head of an nba organization with a ton of exposure
post #18143 of 27250
best thing i've read yet on donald sterling.
post #18144 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

poor Blake had to endure his socially awkward boss, big deal
I do that for less money

thats awesome, maybe you can write something up, that way zero people could care
post #18145 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

thats awesome, maybe you can write something up, that way zero people could care

I doubt it would be at all interesting just like this boring shit written by Mr. Blake Griffin
post #18146 of 27250
its a good article written in a unique voice, his own. everything i read about sports is typically done by a professional writer/editor or a color analyst. i dont doubt that this was was reviewed by a professional writer but it undoubtedly retains an authentic feel.

another example was Lebrons SI article to return to cleveland. articles written by captivating sport figures in their own voice resonate with me because they feel honest and real. more of this and less stephan a's horseshit or some other schmuch espn analyst. wish jeter's site all the best
post #18147 of 27250
A bunch of people are like "why resign if it was such a bad environment?" But they clearly didn't read cuz he says there was little interaction between sterling and the players except when he was yelling on the sidelines and that nobody was playing for sterling.

Badly want to comment on random public Facebook posts but then everybody I know would know what a loser I am. I prefer just anonymous people know it so I don't deal with the backlash in real life.
post #18148 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

its a good article written in a unique voice, his own. everything i read about sports is typically done by a professional writer/editor or a color analyst. i dont doubt that this was was reviewed by a professional writer but it undoubtedly retains an authentic feel.

another example was Lebrons SI article to return to cleveland. articles written by captivating sport figures in their own voice resonate with me because they feel honest and real. more of this and less stephan a's horseshit or some other schmuch espn analyst. wish jeter's site all the best

well okay i can see why it enjoyed it now
post #18149 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

its a good article written in a unique voice, his own. everything i read about sports is typically done by a professional writer/editor or a color analyst. i dont doubt that this was was reviewed by a professional writer but it undoubtedly retains an authentic feel.

another example was Lebrons SI article to return to cleveland. articles written by captivating sport figures in their own voice resonate with me because they feel honest and real. more of this and less stephan a's horseshit or some other schmuch espn analyst. wish jeter's site all the best

This. Also the part about lebrons article in lebrons voice
post #18150 of 27250
I dunno how I feel about this players tribune thing. At best, you get to read entertaining and funny stories about life in the locker room. At worst, it becomes a self serving platform for a segment of the population that isn't exactly known for making smart choices
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread