or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1178

post #17656 of 27247
he also gave us all those great rap songs with the Fu Schnickens
post #17657 of 27247
sure jimmy "future thabo sefolosha" butler is untouchable and taj "i'm a 29 yo career backup PF" gibson definitely shouldn't be traded for a top 7 nba big man.

meanwhile, here's a cool story bout (gasp) bron, where they talk about his eidetic memory. shit like this is interesting to me. I dunno who else in nba history has had this. it reminds me of stories of brett favre, and definitely of aaron rodgers, who can recall plays in the regular season against his old juco opponents.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11067098/lebron-james-greatest-weapon-brain
post #17658 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

he also gave us all those great rap songs with the Fu Schnickens

i have two shaq songs on my gym ipod lol8[1].gif

also a fu schnickens song or two
post #17659 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothersport View Post

sure jimmy "future thabo sefolosha" butler is untouchable and taj "i'm a 29 yo career backup PF" gibson definitely shouldn't be traded for a top 7 nba big man.

meanwhile, here's a cool story bout (gasp) bron, where they talk about his eidetic memory. shit like this is interesting to me. I dunno who else in nba history has had this. it reminds me of stories of brett favre, and definitely of aaron rodgers, who can recall plays in the regular season against his old juco opponents.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11067098/lebron-james-greatest-weapon-brain

Interesting, you should watch then interview with Larry Bird on grantland too. IN that interview Larry says that not long someone would put a random Celtics game from the 80s and watching it he could tell play-by-play what happens almost with no mistakes.
post #17660 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

Interesting, you should watch then interview with Larry Bird on grantland too. IN that interview Larry says that not long someone would put a random Celtics game from the 80s and watching it he could tell play-by-play what happens almost with no mistakes.
Love those anecdotes. Wonder how well-correlated that kind of memory is with superstardom, esp with those known to have great basketball IQs.
post #17661 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

Any other player that has a 15 and 17 win season in his resume, people would tread cautiously
What about 20 and 23 win seasons? Cuz that's kevin Durant.
post #17662 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothersport View Post

sure jimmy "future thabo sefolosha" butler is untouchable and taj "i'm a 29 yo career backup PF" gibson definitely shouldn't be traded for a top 7 nba big man.

MINN hasn't accepted such an offer. Gibson I'd trade but I wouldn't package Butler. They just got Gasol anyway. And you underestimate Butler, he's going into his 3rd year and has huge potential.
post #17663 of 27247
Butler has a potential to be a solid starter for years to come, Love is a star. Trade makes little sense now since they got Gasol. But I doubt there's a gm in this League that woudln't flip Butler/Gibson for Love. For a good reason too.
post #17664 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothersport View Post

sure jimmy "future thabo sefolosha" butler is untouchable and taj "i'm a 29 yo career backup PF" gibson definitely shouldn't be traded for a top 7 nba big man.

I called it garbage because 1.) it's a bad trade compared to getting Andrew Wiggins from the Cavs and 2.) with Chicago having acquired Gasol already, there's a bit of redundancy between Love and Gasol. Love is obviously the better player than Gasol, but Taj Gibson gives you some versatility in terms of defense, and now he's gone.

And yes, Thibs, a defensive-minded coach, would definitely not be happy losing 2 very good defensive players in a trade. I agree that in a vacuum, Butler/Gibson for K-Love is a no-brainer for whoever is getting Love, though.
post #17665 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothersport View Post

What about 20 and 23 win seasons? Cuz that's kevin Durant.

yep, you have a point but Durant has taken his team to multiple playoffs and the Finals. Love is yet to make the playoffs. Is there a player in what you would consider the current Top 10 that has not made the playoffs in his career?
post #17666 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothersport View Post

sure jimmy "future thabo sefolosha" butler is untouchable and taj "i'm a 29 yo career backup PF" gibson definitely shouldn't be traded for a top 7 nba big man.

I called it garbage because 1.) it's a bad trade compared to getting Andrew Wiggins from the Cavs and 2.) with Chicago having acquired Gasol already, there's a bit of redundancy between Love and Gasol. Love is obviously the better player than Gasol, but Taj Gibson gives you some versatility in terms of defense, and now he's gone.

And yes, Thibs, a defensive-minded coach, would definitely not be happy losing 2 very good defensive players in a trade. I agree that in a vacuum, Butler/Gibson for K-Love is a no-brainer for whoever is getting Love, though.

I think this is what people miss or at least don't care to see. Of course you would trade Butler/Gibson for Love, but nothing happens in a vacuum. Is Chicago better with Love/Gasol and no Butler/Gibson or better with Gasol (or Love) and Butler and Gibson? Its like my joke trade earlier, the starting 5 of SA for Love. There is no one on the SA 5 that Minn would take straight up for Love, most people may not even take Parker/Leonard straight up for Love. Yet SA has a perfect team and rather than just fill the rosters with as many stars as possible, they fill it with players that better the overall team, regardless of their individual stats.

Anyway, Cavs just cleared more cap space so I'm guessing they feel they have a deal for Love. All of our speculation on how good/bad the Cavs will be with Love will soon be answered once the season starts.
post #17667 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

I think this is what people miss or at least don't care to see. Of course you would trade Butler/Gibson for Love, but nothing happens in a vacuum. Is Chicago better with Love/Gasol and no Butler/Gibson or better with Gasol (or Love) and Butler and Gibson? Its like my joke trade earlier, the starting 5 of SA for Love. There is no one on the SA 5 that Minn would take straight up for Love, most people may not even take Parker/Leonard straight up for Love. Yet SA has a perfect team and rather than just fill the rosters with as many stars as possible, they fill it with players that better the overall team, regardless of their individual stats.

Anyway, Cavs just cleared more cap space so I'm guessing they feel they have a deal for Love. All of our speculation on how good/bad the Cavs will be with Love will soon be answered once the season starts.

Love to CLE is a much better fit than CHI. I agree with you, that was my point earlier, CHI wouldn't improve much with a deal like that. Losing Butler means losing your premier perimeter defender without a replacement. What good it is to have Love if you are giving up 20 more points a game in the frontcourt?
post #17668 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

I think this is what people miss or at least don't care to see. Of course you would trade Butler/Gibson for Love, but nothing happens in a vacuum. Is Chicago better with Love/Gasol and no Butler/Gibson or better with Gasol (or Love) and Butler and Gibson? Its like my joke trade earlier, the starting 5 of SA for Love. There is no one on the SA 5 that Minn would take straight up for Love, most people may not even take Parker/Leonard straight up for Love. Yet SA has a perfect team and rather than just fill the rosters with as many stars as possible, they fill it with players that better the overall team, regardless of their individual stats.

Anyway, Cavs just cleared more cap space so I'm guessing they feel they have a deal for Love. All of our speculation on how good/bad the Cavs will be with Love will soon be answered once the season starts.

Well to be fair spurs have a superstar coach and a superstar GM and superstar shooting coach. Imagine the spurs with mike brown coaching and Isaiah Thomas as GM and mark price as a shooting coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Love to CLE is a much better fit than CHI. I agree with you, that was my point earlier, CHI wouldn't improve much with a deal like that. Losing Butler means losing your premier perimeter defender without a replacement. What good it is to have Love if you are giving up 20 more points a game in the frontcourt?

I think love to chi is a better fit but only if they don't give up butler. Chi has the defense but not the offense. Love would be the perfect solution. Cavs need more defense than offense. Cavs actually should have gone for gasol not love. Gives them the cap space flexibility and a 4/5 to let varejao rest
post #17669 of 27247
^ Yup, Love would have been perfect and there were talks before FA that if Chicago couldn't get Melo, Love was the next logical choice offensively
post #17670 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

Well to be fair spurs have a superstar coach and a superstar GM and superstar shooting coach. Imagine the spurs with mike brown coaching and Isaiah Thomas as GM and mark price as a shooting coach

I don't deny SA's front office superiorty but sometimes luck is better than (or gets confused with) skill. When Pop took the Spurs over, they sucked (due to Robinson/Elliot injuries) and they still sucked after he became coach and people wanted him out. Due to their shitty record, they get the number 1 pick (duncan), and now the following season you have a team of Duncan/Robinson/Elliott and the year after that (1999), a chip. Imagine if Robinson does not get hurt, they get a decent record, Pop does not become the coach and Duncan goes to another team?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread