They can't they don't have the cap space to sign him outright unless he takes a big pay cut.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:33 am in Classic Menswear
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1152post #17266 of 273407/13/14 at 9:39ampost #17267 of 273407/13/14 at 9:48amThey only have like $40 million in guaranteed salary next year right? And with the new cba and salary cap increase it's not impossible
Also I was trying to say that whoever the wolves trade love to this year next year he can sign with whoever. If he likes the team he gets traded to he might stay but be could come to the cavs where we'll know for sure how good the cavs are after a yearpost #17268 of 273407/13/14 at 10:28ampost #17269 of 273407/13/14 at 10:42amQuote:
What makes you think he can build a good roster?
Mitch Kupchak, Jerry West, and Jerry Krause built his teams. If it would of been up to Phil, Dennis Rodman would of never been on the Bulls.post #17270 of 273407/13/14 at 11:13ampost #17271 of 273407/13/14 at 11:44ampost #17272 of 273407/13/14 at 11:54ampost #17273 of 273407/13/14 at 12:15pmpost #17274 of 273407/13/14 at 12:15pmpost #17275 of 273407/13/14 at 12:17pmpost #17276 of 273407/13/14 at 12:22pmpost #17277 of 273407/13/14 at 12:54pmQuote:
Ok, let me rephrase that...
They have more than $20 million in cap room in the summer of 2015. With some more tinkering with the roster, there should be enough room for a max contract alongside Melo's. I will say that no matter how bad Phil Jackson may be as a GM, the odds are stacked in his favor just by New York being a big market and having Melo locked into a long-term deal.Quote:
That was nothing more than a delusion of grandeur from Love.Quote:Of course, the Spurs don’t have any of the necessary players and/or draft picks that the Minnesota Timberwolves would require in a trade and a multi-team deal would appear out of the question for the same reasoning, so it’s nothing more than a pipe dream – something Love seems rather aware of himself.
I think the only way the Spurs can get K-Love is if they're willing to give up Kawhi Leonard, which isn't happening.
The news about him saying he'd commit to the Cavs seems to be the only "legit" piece of news regarding K-Love, although it would be nice if for once the news didn't come from "a source close to the situation"...
In other news, Luol Deng signs with the Heat for 2 years, $20 million with a player option after the first year. Good signing. Miami can definitely win 50 games in the weak East with a Wade-Deng-Bosh core.
Edited by diadem - 7/13/14 at 1:12pmpost #17278 of 273407/13/14 at 2:54pmQuote:
Hopefully we go back to grinding out low scoring wins now. Team is playing with no pressure, Bosh and Wade already have their rings. Not strong enough to contend, but strong enough to frustrate and party poop Indy and Chicago. No more media media circus, love it. Happy with the 2 chips after the decision, 2/4 in finals is much better than 1/4...
I thought the LeFallout would have been much worse, but now Riley looks like Executive of the Year building this solid roster before the vultures swooped on the remaining stars. We just need a rim-protector/goon... and backup shooting guard since Wade only plays well in spurts these days. It is what it is, he means a lot to the franchise and deserves the money for carrying all those crappy teams to early playoff exits playing 1 on 5 vs the Celtics.
I would have been OK with tanking and rebuilding, but with most of the signings on 2-year deals, the team is ready to be a major player in 2016.
Good Luck to LeBron, and what ridiculous power ... that shit is unprecedented. "Free market starts when I say it starts." Wow.Smart decision to go to Cleveland, lots of potential there, let's see how those guys handle the pressure and media scrutiny. I always knew there'd be consequences to letting Mike Miller go, just to save a few pennies.
Edited by ribkin - 7/13/14 at 3:07pmpost #17279 of 273407/13/14 at 3:21pmpost #17280 of 273407/13/14 at 3:28pmRealistically, we're looking at a first or second round playoff exit with this team, even with Deng. there's still no depth behind the top 3 and one of those 3 plays part-time.
still appreciative of an ownership and management that has given us the most titles in the last 10 years (tied with SA), but this team is shaping up to be the new Atlanta Hawks. but Riles has earned the benefit of the doubt, so let's see him work
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › Gieves & Hawkes Burgundy and Navy Blue Checkered Tie 2 minutes ago
- › Smart Coat/Broad Shoulders recommendations 3 minutes ago
- › NWT Drake's Dark Blue w/ cream, burgundy & forest green stripes tie. 4 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 11 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 13 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 14 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...