or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1144

post #17146 of 27250

From Dan Le Batard:

 

post #17147 of 27250
Thread Starter 
Who?
post #17148 of 27250
Lebron is great for the NBA, but he really is a chump. He basically ditches his "home" to get a ring via a much easier route, and now that he has won he returns. Of course now he doesn't have the pressure to win a championship like he did before, so whatever happens... he got his. Probably worse is that he will be playing for a bigger jackass than Donald Sterling. What a loser.

Miami should not hate this guy though. 4 Finals in 4 years is in incredible achievement. Can't say he didn't live up to the hype. Miami should be grateful.
post #17149 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto View Post

Lebron is great for the NBA, but he really is a chump. He basically ditches his "home" to get a ring via a much easier route, and now that he has won he returns. Of course now he doesn't have the pressure to win a championship like he did before, so whatever happens... he got his. Probably worse is that he will be playing for a bigger jackass than Donald Sterling. What a loser.

Miami should not hate this guy though. 4 Finals in 4 years is in incredible achievement. Can't say he didn't live up to the hype. Miami should be grateful.

I don't really get this. I'm not a big fan of Lebron, but why do those choices make him a chump? The NBA has this thing called free agency. It allows players to contract with whichever teams they wish after their last contract expires. Money and a better opportunity to win are pretty normal things for them to consider.

Why do you work where you do (assuming you do work)? Out of some sort of loyalty? Or because it's the best situation to further whatever your personal goals are?
post #17150 of 27250
Well now the LeBron dominoe has fallen, I think the next question on everyone's mind is, where will Anthony Tolliver end up ?
post #17151 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post

Yes, but there's a soft cap and a hard cap, and the hard cap can't be breached no matter what. Cavs would be real close to the hard cap. I need to double-check because I might be talking out of my ass here, but I think that's the case.

There is no hard cap in the current NBA CBA. There is what is called an "Apron" that is $4MM more than the tax line which can function similarly to a hard cap. You have to engage in certain types of transactions in order to be subject to the apron. I have no idea if Cleveland is subject to the apron. The current CBA is probably the most complicated thing to understand in sports.

According to Hoops Hype, the Cavs currently have $24MM in committed salaries for next season. Granted this doesn't take into account Kyrie's new contract or whatever LeBron gets, but they have room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

Seriously?? This is bigger news than LeBron. I'm a Lakers fan now too.

I would not be surprised if Melo now chooses Bulls and I don't know why Cleveland would want Love. You have scorers on the team now with LeBron/Irving/Wiggins/Waiters and you can develop Bennett. What they need is some veteran bench help and some D.

Really? Stretches the floor and grabs boards. Cavs haven't had a good rebounder who could stay on the floor in 3+ seasons. Do you know what that guy could do in the Leastern Conference? He could play 30 min. a night and still grab a dozen boards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto View Post

Lebron is great for the NBA, but he really is a chump. He basically ditches his "home" to get a ring via a much easier route, and now that he has won he returns. Of course now he doesn't have the pressure to win a championship like he did before, so whatever happens... he got his. Probably worse is that he will be playing for a bigger jackass than Donald Sterling. What a loser.

Miami should not hate this guy though. 4 Finals in 4 years is in incredible achievement. Can't say he didn't live up to the hype. Miami should be grateful.

This is demonstrably false. Gilbert is an over emotional pedantic ass, but at least he wants to win. He hasn't been very competent in this area up until he fired Chris Grant, but he's certainly better than DS.
post #17152 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

I don't really get this. I'm not a big fan of Lebron, but why do those choices make him a chump? The NBA has this thing called free agency. It allows players to contract with whichever teams they wish after their last contract expires. Money and a better opportunity to win are pretty normal things for them to consider.

Why do you work where you do (assuming you do work)? Out of some sort of loyalty? Or because it's the best situation to further whatever your personal goals are?
post #17153 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad

I don't really get this. I'm not a big fan of Lebron, but why do those choices make him a chump? The NBA has this thing called free agency. It allows players to contract with whichever teams they wish after their last contract expires. Money and a better opportunity to win are pretty normal things for them to consider.

Why do you work where you do (assuming you do work)? Out of some sort of loyalty? Or because it's the best situation to further whatever your personal goals are?
Well said.
post #17154 of 27250
This means Ray Allen to the Cavs too
post #17155 of 27250
Also Cavs have Miamis first round pick next season, unprotected
post #17156 of 27250
Got to be good news for Indiana...


EDIT: Brain Fart
post #17157 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Well said.

Sorry. Phone battery was dying.

Anyways Lebron is a chump, because he chooses to look for the exit when things get tough. He is not a real competitor like his idol Jordan, and has always been very self-serving. I know that "the decision" happened years ago, but he's still that same person. Have no problem with him choosing the Cavs. He can do whatever he wants. Just don't think he is a great competitor.
post #17158 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto View Post

Sorry. Phone battery was dying.

Anyways Lebron is a chump, because he chooses to look for the exit when things get tough. He is not a real competitor like his idol Jordan, and has always been very self-serving. I know that "the decision" happened years ago, but he's still that same person. Have no problem with choosing the Cavs. He can whatever he wants. Just don't think he is a great competitor.

Got it - thanks.
post #17159 of 27250
integrity and class
post #17160 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto View Post

Sorry. Phone battery was dying.

Anyways Lebron is a chump, because he chooses to look for the exit when things get tough. He is not a real competitor like his idol Jordan, and has always been very self-serving. I know that "the decision" happened years ago, but he's still that same person. Have no problem with him choosing the Cavs. He can do whatever he wants. Just don't think he is a great competitor.

this is so fucking stupid the mind boggles
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread