or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1129

post #16921 of 27206
pretty sure he was joking

edit: lol


iunno. gortat shouldn't have gotten a 5 year contract. 2, 3 at most
post #16922 of 27206
Hopefully, Gortat's signing guarantees the Wiz at least two more years of 1st round playoff losses.
post #16923 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Hopefully, Gortat's signing guarantees the Wiz at least two more years of 1st round playoff losses.

 


They lost in the 2nd round to the Pacers this past year.
post #16924 of 27206
Washington isn't getting any good free agents on the open market. and they gave up a grip to trade for Gortat. they needed to keep him and knew they were going to overpay

edit - an expiring okafor contract and a protected first. so not really that much given up in the trade. my memory is faulty
post #16925 of 27206
My bad. Losing in the second round is nothing to scoff at
post #16926 of 27206
I'm kind of surprised that there's less focus and reporting about what Pau Gasol is going to do. maybe it's different for you guys in LA

Melo and Lebron are a lot more likely to stay with their existing teams, but Pau is very available and willing to play for less money. if he signed with OKC, San Antonio or (ahem) Miami, he immediately makes his new team the favorite to win by a mile
post #16927 of 27206
Thabo Sefolosha signs with Atlanta for 3 years, $12 mil.

Hopefully this means Reggie Jackson gets bumped into the starting lineup and Westbrook is now the 2-guard.
post #16928 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

I'm kind of surprised that there's less focus and reporting about what Pau Gasol is going to do. maybe it's different for you guys in LA

Melo and Lebron are a lot more likely to stay with their existing teams, but Pau is very available and willing to play for less money. if he signed with OKC, San Antonio or (ahem) Miami, he immediately makes his new team the favorite to win by a mile
good point. i'm anxiously awaiting, but i'm a laker (and pau) fan from way back. that's part of pau's deal, though. he's not a marquee name, though he's a great player. in fact, except for lebron (who, as much as you might hate him, is pretty undeniable), i'd argue that pau is the free agent this year most likely to transform the team that gets him. I hope he stays.
post #16929 of 27206
Early picks for ROY outside... Wiggins / Parker / Exum or a darkhorse?

Randle and Payton look like they'll could get a tonne of burn.
post #16930 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post

Thabo Sefolosha signs with Atlanta for 3 years, $12 mil.

Hopefully this means Reggie Jackson gets bumped into the starting lineup and Westbrook is now the 2-guard.

sefolosha is basically a cardboard cutout
post #16931 of 27206
mavs got to keep dirk for $30 million for 3 years.

seriously?????? thats such an incredible bargain. imo dirk was better than aldridge last year and aldridge is about to get paid $15 mill this year
post #16932 of 27206
that's not fair, lol.

it also sounds like a good template for the kind of contract that Wade and Bosh should sign wink.gif

interesting that Dirk signed before seeing what Cubes and Carlisle did with the cap space. I guess he trusts them that much to improve the team significantly (perhaps the Chandler trade felt like a good enough upgrade)
post #16933 of 27206
you guys are funny. where the fuck was dirk going to go at 36? he has a ring, has made plenty of money and is loyal.mav for life.
post #16934 of 27206
he still would've been a top free agent if he weren't so tied to the mavs. he was amazing last year. actually he's just amazing. his one legged step back jumper is still unblockable and i swear he hustles more on defense than melo

i'm really excited for next season tho
post #16935 of 27206
one of my favorites ever but he will never leave dallas. 2nd best coach in the game, great owner, they just have missed out on some key signings. outside shot at melo.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread