or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1076

post #16126 of 27236
where to cop? ^^^
post #16127 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

I take it he meant driving to the basket kinda of way
Thanks, but isn't that really the Bosh of 3-4 years ago? I haven't watched the Heat much this year, but my sense has been that Bosh no longer goes strong to the rim with the frequency he used to.


And I enjoy hating on LeBron as much as anybody, but I'm not really sure cramping up is a sign of poor conditioning or mental weakness or whatever. Shit happens, and it's not always indicative of weakness on the player's part.

Quote:
Miami need to start more size to compete.
I hear Andrew Bynum is available.
post #16128 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Thanks, but isn't that really the Bosh of 3-4 years ago? I haven't watched the Heat much this year, but my sense has been that Bosh no longer goes strong to the rim with the frequency he used to.

I think you're right. He had one tonight though he drove past Duncan I think for a dunk. But he does a lot of spotting up this year(last few years). Most of it is probably heat wanting lebron to by the guy playing with the ball most of the time and having everyone, even your center space the floor. The rest is him being soft :P He can still do it when needed though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

And I enjoy hating on LeBron as much as anybody, but I'm not really sure cramping up is a sign of poor conditioning or mental weakness or whatever. Shit happens, and it's not always indicative of weakness on the player's part.

agreed, im glad so far he didn't get any flak for that
post #16129 of 27236
Miami has one clear offensive move to make. Birdman is scoring 2 points per possession each time he iso's on Duncan and drives it at the basket. They do this for 48 minutes and it's check. Mate.
post #16130 of 27236
Lol, I saw him make that dribble move, drive and reverse layup and was like - wtf, who was that?!?
post #16131 of 27236
post #16132 of 27236
^ Probably most prospects from college went through school with minimal effort. I don't even blame them.
People who treat bball basically as a day job will not find time to study, especially if they don't have to.
post #16133 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by diadem View Post

Kind of off-topic, but this doesn't surprise me at all...

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11036924/former-north-carolina-basketball-star-rashad-mccants-says-took-sham-classes

there was the 60min sports about college athletes plight to get paid, and the 1st argument is:

- "THEY GET A QUALITY EDUCATION! THATS WORTH AT LEAST $100,000!"

but the fact is, the majority of these guys are shepherded through middle school then high school in remedial classes and then get to college with laughable academic chops. the universities end up having to create sham "GENERAL STUDIES" courses and majors and just spit them through - so even if they graduate, they aren't employable at regular jobs normal college grads might get (stuff like knowing how to use word/excel/powerpoint/ read and write at college level).

- there was a recent "crackdown" on raising academic standards in college (i.e. "increased graduation rates"), but what the colleges end up doing is just giving them fake classes and inflated GPA's to "graduate" them. (kind of like how inner city schools will literally give their kids the answers to standardized tests to continue accreditation).

- sure there are some who actually utilize the college's tutors and get them up to level and achieve academic norms or better, but damn you're asking a lot of a guy to practice/travel/train/play games/ then advance your education level leaps and bounds within a 1-4 year period. kudos for those that do, but fuck, i had a part time job during undergrad and I almost wanted to quit (both the job and college) and my job just consisted of being an usher at a local theater.

basically the NCAA is fucking EVIL and may the powers at be assraped in hell.
post #16134 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

there was the 60min sports about college athletes plight to get paid, and the 1st argument is:

- "THEY GET A QUALITY EDUCATION! THATS WORTH AT LEAST $100,000!"

but the fact is, the majority of these guys are shepherded through middle school then high school in remedial classes and then get to college with laughable academic chops. the universities end up having to create sham "GENERAL STUDIES" courses and majors and just spit them through - so even if they graduate, they aren't employable at regular jobs normal college grads might get (stuff like knowing how to use word/excel/powerpoint/ read and write at college level).

- there was a recent "crackdown" on raising academic standards in college (i.e. "increased graduation rates"), but what the colleges end up doing is just giving them fake classes and inflated GPA's to "graduate" them. (kind of like how inner city schools will literally give their kids the answers to standardized tests to continue accreditation).

- sure there are some who actually utilize the college's tutors and get them up to level and achieve academic norms or better, but damn you're asking a lot of a guy to practice/travel/train/play games/ then advance your education level leaps and bounds within a 1-4 year period. kudos for those that do, but fuck, i had a part time job during undergrad and I almost wanted to quit (both the job and college) and my job just consisted of being an usher at a local theater.

basically the NCAA is fucking EVIL and may the powers at be assraped in hell.


Aaaaand we wonder why they all go broke.
post #16135 of 27236
i13GIvReioiKx.gif
post #16136 of 27236
what da fack
Duncan and Gino are recognizable but the other two lol8[1].gif
post #16137 of 27236
The UNC story might be the least surprising story of the year, in a tie with "wow, it's really fucking cold in Russia and they seem really unprepared for this Olympics thing"
post #16138 of 27236

btw Manu was great today, good to see Spurs really keep the focus
post #16139 of 27236
^ Manu is pretty lucid. He's pretty open with his comments.
post #16140 of 27236
lol remember when gatorade was taking shots at bronbron post-cramps cuz he's sponsored by powerade? it was pretty funny i thought. then they lamely apologized for it.

now it turns out that since gatorade is the official drink of the nba, everyone including lebron drinks solely gatorade on the bench. lebron just covers up the label. so they were laughing about how lebron got cramps off powerade but really he was drinking gatorade the whole time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread