or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1073

post #16081 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post


what does better player even mean if regular season matters for completely nothing? such a bad argument
Better player means better at the game.  Durant was more consistent in the regular season and deserved his MVP, but if we're talking about two teams meeting in the Finals and that IS how this whole argument started then- um, LeBron is the best player on Earth until proven otherwise, and everyone in the NBA would agree with that.


none of your arguments are backed by any facts at all. no film no stats no nothing.
This is a message board and you want FILM to back things up?  Cool down, dude.

basically your argument breaks down into bosh is better than ibaka at offense and ibaka is better than bosh is at defense?

seems pretty equalized if you ask me
Tony Allen is better than Durant at defence and Durant is better than Tony Allen at offence, seems pretty equalized if you ask me.  (oh wait, it isn't)
 

 

The whole way you argue is the reason that statheads get a bad name in the NBA.  All stats no watching the game.  All advanced metrics have things they leave out..  If you put Ibaka instead of Bosh on the Heat, they would be worse.  Defences don't have to respect Ibaka off the dribble.  They respect his long-range shooting less because his shooting percentage is worse. (although Ibaka is certainly better at that now than he was in the 2012 Finals).  Ibaka is not the passer that Bosh is (I'm sure I don't need to mention that raw assist numbers aren't all there is to passing, either).  When Bosh's scoring ability is needed, it is there. Even when it isn't needed, it makes the game easier for Wade and James.  Much like Ray Allen's 3 point shooting reputation keeps guys glued to him even when he's in a shooting slump.

 

At some point stats have to meet the reality of what happens when the teams actually play each other.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post


So all those basketball writers were wrong when they voted Durant MVP over LBJ? I love Wade, but he's too old to be considered the offensive (and defensive) presence Westbrook is. Bosh, yeah. Just what everyone needs a 7 foot 3 point shooter who's too soft to rebound consistently.
.

Wade's too old but Duncan and Ginobili aren't?  Give me a break.

 

Pretty sure Indiana would bite your hand off for a 7 foot 3-point shooter who grabbed one of the most critical offensive rebounds in NBA Finals history.

 

Hate all you want, the Heat are in the Finals for the 4th year in a row.  This time last year everyone was saying why the Spurs were going to kill the Heat too.

post #16082 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldwinP View Post

The whole way you argue is the reason that statheads get a bad name in the NBA.  All stats no watching the game.

this is hilarious. you're literally no stats and no watching game. this is why trolls get a bad name in the NBA
Quote:
All advanced metrics have things they leave out.

sure but when every single advanced stat shows you're an idiot then maybe just maybe as a collective they mean something
Quote:
If you put Ibaka instead of Bosh on the Heat, they would be worse.

complete conjecture and retarded hypothetical situation that makes no sense. heats are built around bosh but they could build around ibaka too and they'd be unbelievably lucky to have him
Quote:
Defences don't have to respect Ibaka off the dribble.  They respect his long-range shooting less because his shooting percentage is worse. (although Ibaka is certainly better at that now than he was in the 2012 Finals).

i don't even know what you're trying to say here because it all sounds so stupid

are you saying defenses don't respect ibaka's long range shooting because ibaka has a worse shooting percentage than bosh? cuz that's completely wrong this regular season or in the playoffs

or are you saying ibaka's long range shooting is worse than his percentage off the dribble? cuz long range shooting is always worse than percentages off the dribble (i.e. the drive)


you keep going on about how stats suck and film is better, but it's not like film is going to show oh ibaka's fgp is actually 25% and not 59% in the playoffs. you don't even show film so what's the point in calling out stats?
Quote:
Ibaka is not the passer that Bosh is (I'm sure I don't need to mention that raw assist numbers aren't all there is to passing, either).
 
oh really? so even if ibaka had better assist numbers it wouldn't matter because bosh is better anyways right?

thunders don't use ibaka the same way the heats use bosh on offense. bosh gets his assists as a facilitator in the high post. thunder doesn't use ibaka like that. they already have 3 great playmakers
Quote:
When Bosh's scoring ability is needed, it is there.

uh no it's not



he's mostly relegated to being a role player and the vast majority of his shots are assisted (77% on 2 pointers and 96% on 3 pointers)



same thing in the playoffs




he rarely even plays isos (5% of the time). he posts up more than he plays iso and he's said he doesn't bang bodies anymore.


your argument is total shit. is offense the only thing that matters to you? bosh might be a slightly better offensive player, but everybody knows that. ibaka is better because they're pretty close on offense but ibaka's contribution on defense is far beyond what bosh does

Quote:
At some point stats have to meet the reality of what happens when the teams actually play each other.

Wade's too old but Duncan and Ginobili aren't?  Give me a break.

Pretty sure Indiana would bite your hand off for a 7 foot 3-point shooter who grabbed one of the most critical offensive rebounds in NBA Finals history.

Hate all you want, the Heat are in the Finals for the 4th year in a row.  This time last year everyone was saying why the Spurs were going to kill the Heat too.

who the fuck said duncan and ginobili aren't too old? is english your second language? he clearly said westbrook as in he's comparing wade to westbrook and wade is indeed a lot more banged up and older than westbrook is



nobody's saying bosh is a bad player or nobody doesn't want him. the only thing being said is ibaka is better than bosh and he clearly is by any measure film or stat. every argument you come up is completely retarded, devoid of any proof, and no matter the contrary evidence you just keep trolling along

bosh is a better PnR defender? bosh has better shooting percentages? championships are the only things that determine who's better?

so fucking stupid
post #16083 of 27206
jesus, just say who you think is better. That's all that fucking matters. You don't have to justify anything.

IMO

Jerome Kaino*>Durant>Lebron>Westbrook.

*would kill anyone at anything so I'm putting him here by default.
Edited by hendrix - 6/5/14 at 8:15am
post #16084 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

this is so fucking idiotic you have to be one of those miami fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzi View Post

i hate the heat but


Heat in 6. LeBron kills it.
post #16085 of 27206
Heat in 7. I think this will be a fantastic series, where you have the quintessential "Team" vs. a good team but really a competitor for GOAT. The latter wins it with a tear jerker in San Antonio.

Random question, what happened to Greg Oden? Is he playing zero minutes? I thought he was contributing a solid 7-9 minutes off the bench during the reg season.
post #16086 of 27206
I saw him driving his Rolls Royce a few weeks ago.
post #16087 of 27206
Here he is representing Heat fans everywhere


OdenTrophyDance.gif
post #16088 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldwinP View Post

Indiana thought so too.

I feel great amusement for their fans who bought tickets in advance for that critical game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals on their home floor.

Memo to Indiana:  if you're assuming all season that you will need no less than 7 games and home court advantage to win a playoff series, you are doing it wrong.


So selling game 7 playoff tickets were sold way in advance is some sort of aberrational decision that indicates mental weakness on the part of Indy's organization?
post #16089 of 27206
post #16090 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldwinP View Post

.  Defences don't have to respect Ibaka off the dribble. 

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but is part of your argument here that Bosh is effective at breaking people down off the dribble?
post #16091 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

So what's everyones prediction?

I keep flip-flopping on who could win but I think I will go with Heat in 6.

Heat take it in 7. Lebron is the best player on the court and there's more at stake for him in terms of NBA legacy with his Finals losses compared to Duncan.
post #16092 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but is part of your argument here that Bosh is effective at breaking people down off the dribble?

I take it he meant driving to the basket kinda of way
post #16093 of 27206
This series isn't going 7. Won't be as good as last years either.
post #16094 of 27206
Spurs in 3
post #16095 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Spurs in 3
TWSS
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread