or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1047

post #15691 of 27236
What in the fuck is going on in Memphis? They have a very very successful year given their transitions (coaching) and injuries (many) and then their young ass owner goes and fires the GM and assistant GM...now they're going to get rid of their coach.

Seriously wtf.
post #15692 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothersport View Post

What in the fuck is going on in Memphis? They have a very very successful year given their transitions (coaching) and injuries (many) and then their young ass owner goes and fires the GM and assistant GM...now they're going to get rid of their coach.

Seriously wtf.

I can see them as being afraid of being stuck in the dreaded NBA middle ground, where you're not good enough to vie seriously for an NBA championship yet you're not bad enough to get a top-three lottery pick.
post #15693 of 27236
Thread Starter 
post #15694 of 27236
lol he got fined $5k. lebron had some damn good flops that game too, but none as hilarious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGrotius View Post

I can see them as being afraid of being stuck in the dreaded NBA middle ground, where you're not good enough to vie seriously for an NBA championship yet you're not bad enough to get a top-three lottery pick.
i don't really see how that makes sense...grizz were a game away from eliminating the 1st/2nd best team in the west, and therefore a legitimate threat to get to the WCF, if not the finals. they're far, far closer go legit contenders than to the worst in the league, it's not like they're the atl hawks of 3 yrs ago.

makes no sense to fire your semi-intriguing young coach, and it's not like whichever coach they hire is going to an appreciate better job, or such a worse job that a team w/ M Gasol, Conley, and Randolph is going to sink into the lower depths of the lottery.

everyone seems to be blaming the power-mad young owner Robert Pera (~34 yo). Apparently after a year of hanging out in CA and watching a couple games and not being able to play tony allen 1-on-1 he went crazy and fired tons of people. they're one of my favorite teams and this bodes POORLY. pretty bummed about this.
post #15695 of 27236
Shit that's what getting ousted in the first round gets you?? SMH

Shame for such a great team to watch
post #15696 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothersport View Post

i don't really see how that makes sense...grizz were a game away from eliminating the 1st/2nd best team in the west, and therefore a legitimate threat to get to the WCF, if not the finals. they're far, far closer go legit contenders than to the worst in the league, it's not like they're the atl hawks of 3 yrs ago.

makes no sense to fire your semi-intriguing young coach, and it's not like whichever coach they hire is going to an appreciate better job, or such a worse job that a team w/ M Gasol, Conley, and Randolph is going to sink into the lower depths of the lottery.

everyone seems to be blaming the power-mad young owner Robert Pera (~34 yo). Apparently after a year of hanging out in CA and watching a couple games and not being able to play tony allen 1-on-1 he went crazy and fired tons of people. they're one of my favorite teams and this bodes POORLY. pretty bummed about this.

it makes as much sense as firing Mark Jackson if it makes you feel any better
post #15697 of 27236
Cavs AGAIN?! Ugh… fuck the Cavs and fuck Cleveland.
post #15698 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

Cavs AGAIN?! Ugh… fuck the Cavs and fuck Cleveland.

If it's any consolation, our boy LBJ did that back in 2010
post #15699 of 27236
eh, it's in large part an entertainment business and sometimes in the entertainment business it's better to appear to be doing something than to be actually doing it. Fans are kind of crazy and dissatisfied fans are even more so. Better to chuck a few people overboard to give the impression that you're taking care of things.
post #15700 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

If it's any consolation, our boy LBJ did that back in 2010

no reason to be so disrespectful to the mayor of South Beach

his decision.. it was very tough and his heart will always be around Cleveland
post #15701 of 27236
God dam, the new Grizz owner became a billionaire at age 34
post #15702 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

it makes as much sense as firing Mark Jackson if it makes you feel any better

Ugh not this again. Firing Mark Jackson was the right move.
post #15703 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitlets View Post

Ugh not this again. Firing Mark Jackson was the right move.

yes brilliance of this move is only surpassed by a hiring a rookie coach to take his place
post #15704 of 27236
Thread Starter 
HANDS DOWN MAN DOWN!
post #15705 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

yes brilliance of this move is only surpassed by a hiring a rookie coach to take his place

Why is this such a difficult concept? MJax didn't get along with the bosses. In any job, you appease your boss.

But then people say, doesn't matter as long as you get results. Well, guess what? He was handed an extremely talented roster. That alone could account for the Dubs' improvement. When your talented roster is less offensively efficient than KEITH SMART's Warriors, you've got a problem. MJax did well getting the players to play hard and to commit to defense, but he hit a wall. Poor adjustments, poor rotations, poor use of time-outs.

If Kerr is as good as MJax, while appeasing the bosses, that's already an improvement.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread