or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 105

post #1561 of 27206
How anybody could possibly say that Kevin Love does not deserve to be an All-Star is beyond me.
post #1562 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by venessian View Post
Sorry, that's not fair to Lamar. Aldridge yes, but all those other guys plus "others"??? No way.
Lamar is a fine player and my choice for 6th man awards. But he's right at his career averages for scoring and rebounding (14/9) and his assists are down a bit. I dont believe he's ever been an all star (iirc) so why would he be now? Especially when these guys didn't make it to LA:

Nash - having a better season statistically than his two MvP years
Randolph - a 20/13 guy on a surprising team
Monta - fifth in the league in scoring, third in steals. Plus he's one of the ultimate "fun in an ASG" guys
Curry - not as impressive as Monta statistically but 18/4/6 with great shooting and decision making
Gay - took a big leap this season. 20 pt scorer with great defensive stats, and became a clutch guy
post #1563 of 27206
as i predicted, carmelo anthony is a knick this season
post #1564 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post
Lamar is a fine player and my choice for 6th man awards. But he's right at his career averages for scoring and rebounding (14/9) and his assists are down a bit. I dont believe he's ever been an all star (iirc) so why would he be now? Especially when these guys didn't make it to LA:

Nash - having a better season statistically than his two MvP years
Randolph - a 20/13 guy on a surprising team
Monta - fifth in the league in scoring, third in steals. Plus he's one of the ultimate "fun in an ASG" guys
Curry - not as impressive as Monta statistically but 18/4/6 with great shooting and decision making
Gay - took a big leap this season. 20 pt scorer with great defensive stats, and became a clutch guy

Like you said before, the second team could be comprised of any number of guys. I can't disagree with your choices, all great players, but I do think Lamar had an excellent first half this year, filling multiple roles, etc. If he's going to be 6th man of the year, then I think that merits A-S consideration. It's not just stats, in my opinion. Plus, I just wanted to see him pull down some boards and lead the break with Kobe, 'Melo, Durant, and Griffin on the wings.

That said, obviously Kevin Love is better than all those guys....
post #1565 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexandcandy View Post
as i predicted, carmelo anthony is a knick this season

Pretty funny tweet I just saw on Yahoo news:
"BREAKING: Isiah Thomas just convinced James Dolan to trade Carmelo Anthony to China for Stephon Marbury...."
post #1566 of 27206
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
How anybody could possibly say that Kevin Love does not deserve to be an All-Star is beyond me.

I never said he didn't deserve to be an All-Star but there are better choices than him. If Minnesota were in the playoff race, I'd understand but their the second worst team in the NBA. Aldridge has brought the Blazers to 5th place in the West, a team many deemed doomed after Oden and Roy went down. That is a great feat right there, he's averaging career highs in almost every category as well. In February, he has been averaging 30pts & 8reb plus almost 2 stls and 2 blks a game, while shooting 58% from the field and 86% from the line. And I cannot emphasize this enough, but he is leading this team to the playoffs.
post #1567 of 27206
Thread Starter 
Quote:
The New York Knicks have acquired Carmelo Anthony, sources told ESPN The Magazine's senior writer Chris Broussard on Monday night.

The swap is a three-way deal including Minnesota, a league source told Broussard.

As a part of the deal, Denver will get Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, the Knicks' 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors' 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors' 2013 second-round pick and $3 million in cash while Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman will head to New York, according to the Denver Post.

I guess we'll be seeing CP3 in NY in the very near future too.
post #1568 of 27206
the knicks would have been laughed out in every media outlet if they had let this deal fail..just the very fact they let this drag on for so long says everything about them.
post #1569 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
And I cannot emphasize this enough, but he is leading this team to the playoffs.
and your fantasy team to the finals!
post #1570 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedwhite View Post
the knicks would have been laughed out in every media outlet if they had let this deal fail..just the very fact they let this drag on for so long says everything about them.
i think they gave up too much. denver and melo had no leverage, yet NY gave up so much talent when even with melo this season they still won't compete for a title this year. they could have easily waited until the off season and signed melo and gave up nothing. i know melo wouldn't get the CBA money he'd get if it were a sign and trade, but he seemed so intent on going to NY and nowhere else that i think it's downright stupid that the knicks front office made this trade giving up this much talent. they gave up up and coming young PG raymond felton for the dinosaur that is chauncey bullups. wtf
post #1571 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
I guess we'll be seeing CP3 in NY in the very near future too.


Or Deron Williams.
post #1572 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexandcandy View Post
i think they gave up too much. denver and melo had no leverage, yet NY gave up so much talent when even with melo this season they still won't compete for a title this year. they could have easily waited until the off season and signed melo and gave up nothing. i know melo wouldn't get the CBA money he'd get if it were a sign and trade, but he seemed so intent on going to NY and nowhere else that i think it's downright stupid that the knicks front office made this trade giving up this much talent. they gave up up and coming young PG raymond felton for the dinosaur that is chauncey bullups. wtf
I think that Felton is overrated and neither Galinari or Randolph are that great. In return, they got one of the 10 best players in the league, a veteran point who can close if necessary (a huge problem they've been having), and, most importantly, THEY GOT RID OF EDDIE FUCKING CURRY.
post #1573 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by venessian View Post
Unfair how?
I'm not saying he shouldn't have been chosen because he's not so athletic. I'm saying that there were others (Aldridge #1) who deserved it more AND who's game is also more suited to A-S.


racist. > just kidding
post #1574 of 27206
Felton is a baller and he would only get better. I don't care about Randolph or Curry but Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari are great young peices. Not to mention D'antoni loves Gallo and Wilson Chandler is still really young so the potential is there
post #1575 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
I think that Felton is overrated and neither Galinari or Randolph are that great. In return, they got one of the 10 best players in the league, a veteran point who can close if necessary (a huge problem they've been having), and, most importantly, THEY GOT RID OF EDDIE FUCKING CURRY.

I agree completely. Galinari and Randolph aren't all star players, but just roll fillers. You can always get those.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread