Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1031

post #15451 of 27825
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

You're saying the same thing over and over. I already understand that fouls can't be replayed and reversed.

rule 1:
if a player commits a foul, a foul is called and possession or free throws are awarded...right?
rule 2:
if a player touches the ball and it goes out of bounds, possession is awarded to the other team...right?
rule 3:
fouls can't be reversed and replayed, but out of bounds plays are replayable and reversible...right?


The refs got ALL THREE of these calls wrong. And yet you seem to think that rule 3 being wrong is the only thing that matters. And that somehow makes it a robbery even though it's in the context of the previous mistake, rule 1.

They fucked up, but that doesn't make it a robbery.


I am not going to keep arguing with you because obviously we aren't going to see the same thing, I get what you are saying but again it is only an issue because it was too damn obvious in the replays and to everyone that it was out on Jackson yet all 3 refs determined it was "inconclusive"? That is BS!
post #15452 of 27825
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
post #15453 of 27825
Btw Doc is such a good coach. He's like the slightly less blustery version of Rex Ryan, driving allllll the criticism away from his players. Your best player makes a million critical end-game mistakes? YELL ABOUT THE MISSED CALL UNTIL NOBODY REMEMBERS ANYTHING BUT THAT. Just like he compared DAJ to freaking Bill Russell earlier this year.

Usually I would think LAC would be way too dejected to come out firing in the next game, but the league is definitely gonna give them the benefit of the whistles, so my best guess is there's gonna be a game 7.

Also it's impossible not to love this Wizards team. John Wall is totally open about his depressed feelings about this series, Brad Beal's suddenly so good in the playoffs and is nicknamed Big Panda, Nene is a crazy Brazilian, Ariza is playing for his fallen childhood younger brother, Gortat is shaving his armpits and misquoting Training Day, Andre Miller is old as shit and ties his shoes crazy, Drew freaking Gooden is still in the league, and Kevin Seraphin lost his pet snake "Snakey."
post #15454 of 27825
Thread Starter 
Anyways moving on, just got to look forward to the next game.

Are we going to see two eliminations today?

Seems like Blazers and Nets doesn't have much left in them to comeback, I think WIzards has a better chance of winning back from a 3-1 deficit.


Also, seems like Arenas is training for an NBA comeback? Would anyone actually pay this dude to play for their team?
post #15455 of 27825
can't believe seraphin and gooden still in the league

wiz whiffed on so many draft picks tho. i feel like they're going to be middling for the foreseeable future. which is better than bottom of the league for the foreseeable future.
post #15456 of 27825
Thread Starter 
Even though the Pacers has sucked after the AllStar, it is still a big surprise how terrible they are in the playoffs this year.

It's always funny for people to make excuses for Hibbert too, "well our defense is made to pack the paint" but there was no excuse in not getting any rebounds or to average 4 rebounds per game in the whole playoffs if you're an All Star and that height.
post #15457 of 27825
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

can't believe seraphin and gooden still in the league

wiz whiffed on so many draft picks tho. i feel like they're going to be middling for the foreseeable future. which is better than bottom of the league for the foreseeable future.
Zach Lowe's article really made me think that if they keep Ariza and Gortat they could be one of the brightest East teams looking into the future. Miami is possibly screwed w/ this Wade situation, who knows about Indy, Toronto isn't appreciably better than a healthy Wiz team, God only knows about Derrick Rose, and BKN is old and has no options.

Then again realistically Beal won't keep up his ridiculous playoff play, Nene will get injured, and they'll resign Ariza and he'll go back to league-avg from 3.

Speaking of draft picks, can you just imagine if MEM didn't whiff on their draft picks????? They traded Kevin Love for freaking OJ Mayo, and they drafted Thabeet at 2! Seriously, imagine a world where they had Kevin Love and James Harden on that team w/ Gasol and Conley.
post #15458 of 27825
duuuude. that would be a fucking awesome team. conley, harden, tony allen, love, gasol with randolph, courtney lee, and beno off the bench.

that would be fucking godly


harden and love's offense would go great with grizzlies defense

they also traded away demarre carroll.



sometimes tho i wonder if some of these busts are actually busts or they could've been a greater player in a better environment. like kawhi anywhere else other than the spurs might not have developed into the player he is today. or if the blazers had a better medical staff greg oden and brandon roy might not have gone the way they did
post #15459 of 27825
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

only a big deal because the ruling was so obvious in the replay.

Don't confuse this being a "big deal" with being a fan. Had that happened to Portland, I can't imagine you'd write such a flood of posts about it.
post #15460 of 27825
Thread Starter 
Of course I would. Are you new here? I do it all the time when there's a big controversy/problem with the NBA, stop trying to goad me to your stupid trolling because it isn't going to work. I've gotten to arguments here on behalf of many teams outside of the Lakers and Clippers.

Plus shit is all over every sports website/news, again it wouldn't get the moniker "controversial" and be on every sports media outlet if it wasn't such a bad and obvious call so how can you say it's not a big deal?
post #15461 of 27825
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Of course I would. Are you new here?

Bullshit. The news articles all say the same thing everyone is telling you here: if it wasn't out of bounds, then it was a foul anyway.

We should focus on how both teams had consecutive late game collapses and how many bonehead plays there were down the stretch in both games. It was amateur.
Edited by idfnl - 5/14/14 at 12:59pm
post #15462 of 27825
Thread Starter 
Then read back 1000 pages because as usual you don't know shit.
post #15463 of 27825
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

The news articles all say the same thing
No, actually. They don't.

Just as an idle experiment, I typed "Clippers Thunder Reggie Jackson out of bounds" into Google. This was the first result:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24561933/trying-to-make-sense-of-clippers-thunder-out-of-bounds-call

I was going to post a few other semi-random samples but deciding to save on pixels . . .
post #15464 of 27825
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Bullshit. The news articles all say the same thing everyone is telling you here: if it wasn't out of bounds, then it was a foul anyway.

Nice ninja edit dickhead.

Again, learn to read. The foul doesn't count because that part was missed and not reviewable. The replay shows Jackson touched the ball last so the Clips should get the ball, foul or not. The foul becomes irrelevant because it isn't called and nothing can be done about a missed call.


You're just piling on to troll me because I haven't fallen for your shit in a while.
post #15465 of 27825
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

No, actually. They don't.

Just as an idle experiment, I typed "Clippers Thunder Reggie Jackson out of bounds" into Google. This was the first result:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24561933/trying-to-make-sense-of-clippers-thunder-out-of-bounds-call

I was going to post a few other semi-random samples but deciding to save on pixels . . .



It's weird though, isn't this the definition of a foul though? I'm curious what event this rule can be enforced unless this rule is specifically added after the replays were implemented? I mean I've seen maybe hundreds of replays on rebound where two guys would jump and it would go out of bounds on Player A because Player B hits his wrist and the ball is awarded to Player B's team.

Quote:
Rule 8 Section II - c of the NBA rulebook states:

If a player has his hand in contact with the ball and an opponent hits the hand causing the ball to go out-of-bounds, the team whose player had his hand on the ball will retain possession.


I mean about the same thing happened here to CP3, Green slapped his arm and fouled him and caused the ball to go out of bounds. The foul was missed but the ball was still awarded to the Dubs. Overall I think there just has to be more consistency of the off-court ruling that watches every details of the game as mentioned before. Maybe hire Steve Javie since dud just sits in the studio until they have a ref question then he gets on screen with quickness. lol8[1].gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread