or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 1004

post #15046 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

bark bark. bark bark bark.
bark.

I'll be having some on my bbq this weekend nod[1].gif

Pacers are up now (and i hope the lose) but they are almost exclusively jump shooting, why aren't they taking the ball to the rim against a much smaller team confused.gif
post #15047 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

Pacers are up now (and i hope the lose) but they are almost exclusively jump shooting, why aren't they taking the ball to the rim against a much smaller team confused.gif

Are my eyes deceiving me because I'm pretty sure I saw Copeland on the floor
post #15048 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothersport View Post

you serious, can you read? i gave you one number that shows he's league-avg from 3, is that not the most important one?

i didn't say tiny sample size for 3s overall, i clearly said tiny sample size from the left corner and left wing. He shot 16 3s from that corner all season.

your tautology is fucking astounding. "i'm proving why this guy's a good shooter: his % from the top of the key is obviously only low because of this anecdotal reason. that has to be the only reason, because he is a good shooter." great logic.

i know harden gives him the ball at the end of the shot clock a bunch, and i know sometimes he gets trapped and has to jack something at the end of the shot clock. but i call total bullshit on your claim that the reason he shoots so poorly from the top of the key is that he's constantly being forced to create by himself up there.

also, nice job just ignoring that he shoots tons of open 3s because of the system and harden/howard/parsons.

can't believe you're criticizing me for anecdotal evidence when you're using the same. why don't you find the sportvu #s on how often he's shooting up there w/ the shot clock winding down and get back to me.

better yet, why don't you take a poll of everyone in the world's thoughts on jeremy lin's shooting skills and realize that nobody else thinks he's a consistently above avg shooter.

i didn't call you out for using anecdotes. i called you out for saying a completely subjective opinion like "i don't think he's a pretty good shooter" with no evidence on your behalf besides an average three point number that i was arguing underrates him.


league wide shots at the top of the key are assisted less than at the corners



league wide shots at the top of the key go in less



i was complaining earlier in this thread the rockets don't have a game plan when it's late in the shot clock besides iso ball at the top of the key. harden is pretty good at making those with a hand in a face. jeremy is not. just watch their games. usually its harden, sometimes its parson, sometimes its jeremy lin but once their sets fail they go iso at the top especially if dwight isn't there.


you can't complain there's a low sample size on his corner 3s, but then say he's a bad shooter because of the few times he's air balled. pretty sure all of those were closely contested at the end of the shot clock.


i said imo he's an above average shooter, but numbers like 3 point averages underrate him because he shoots great everywhere but on the top of the key. there's a 10, 20% differential, which is the difference between josh smith and kyle korver. you don't go from being kyle korver to josh smith just because you moved a few feet to the right. my hypothesis was that a lot of those shots are self created. how is that at all illogical? sure low sample size is a viable explanation but it isn't the only viable explanation


i need to stop this shit. i took out all the stupid shit i was about to say. i'm sorry i was a dick. the wholesale dismissal and counter arguing with with a subjective opinion that he doesn't look like a good shooter pissed me off. i don't know why that shit pisses me off



i realize you were being careful with your words when you said you didn't want to call him a good shooter. i just disagree. i don't think he's a great shooter and he definitely needs more improvement, but i think he's a pretty good shooter and i think numbers back it up

i do agree with you on his form tho. when he doesn't jump straight up and down and fades a little his shot is a lot more accurate. he never used to do that in new york so whoever is working with him is doing good work
post #15049 of 27247
LOl @ indesertum, take your sig's advice.
post #15050 of 27247
@indesertum
it's all good, <3 <3, i'm sorry for cursing and shit too, pm'd
post #15051 of 27247
Pacers live another day. Hibbert doing his thing....on the bench
post #15052 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Pacers live another day. Hibbert doing his thing....on the bench

that wasn't so much a Pacers win as it was a Hawks loss. Hawks just don't have that go to, end of game scorer and they've given two games away. Even is Pacers win on Sat., this series can only be considered a disaster for them.
post #15053 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

that wasn't so much a Pacers win as it was a Hawks loss. Hawks just don't have that go to, end of game scorer and they've given two games away. Even is Pacers win on Sat., this series can only be considered a disaster for them.

Would you say the same for OKC?
post #15054 of 27247
I'm not a big fan of poster dunks but this one was just

scottpower.gif
post #15055 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post

And I would like to see all 3 teams that are down 3-2, win tonight so we have at least 3 seven game series.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #15056 of 27247
More basketball!!
post #15057 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

that wasn't so much a Pacers win as it was a Hawks loss. Hawks just don't have that go to, end of game scorer and they've given two games away. Even is Pacers win on Sat., this series can only be considered a disaster for them.

How do you think the Hawks will be next year assuming Horford is back and healthy? I really like Teague and Millsap, but totally see this as a B+ team.
post #15058 of 27247
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGrotius View Post

How do you think the Hawks will be next year assuming Horford is back and healthy? I really like Teague and Millsap, but totally see this as a B+ team.

 


Yeah, they need a solid wing player at the very least if they want to make some noise in the playoffs. 2 would be ideal.
post #15059 of 27247
They have a lot of average-good parts. Could use an improved bench. Carroll is very good in terms of versatility, Korver has superrrrlative specialized skills. Millsap is awesome, Teague needs to keep getting better.

They were around the 3 seed b4 Horford got hurt, so if he gets healthy (and stays healthy), I feel like they should be in the mix, around seed 3-4. Depends on how Indy is, really, they could be anywhere. WAS should be more consistent next year (depends on if Gortat stays there, and on general health), CHI will hang around as well, but I doubt they'll compete for a championship w/ their current roster. Toronto will prob get a little better. BKN will fall off.
post #15060 of 27247
LA - GSW remains a fantastic series. Some great moments in that last game. Game 7 in LA now, the series definitely deserves a game 7.

I don't watch GSW much but there were a few moments there where Clay Thompson absolutely blanketed C Paul. Impressive D. Great double teams of Griffin as well. Both teams are really playing hard.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread