or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 928

post #13906 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

I'm sure you'll change your tune come April laugh.gif
If I do please come over and take a hammer to my internet laugh.gif
post #13907 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

No, your arguments are dishonest and an insult to people's intelligence. That's exactly why you get targeted, along with your insistence that you're still right and people are just misinterpreting you, even after people give you hard facts to tell you otherwise.

There is no way that you can misinterpret a statement that NBA scoring has become too easy, yet you insist that everyone here is, and imply that we are all stupid for reaching the exact same conclusion that is allegedly false. If you meant something else, then you should have written it differently.

You also clearly care about what the people on here think, come on man. That's why I am still engaging you here, because I don't want to be a bully so I am giving you an explanation why it's happening, from my perspective, and telling you that making it all stop is completely under your control. Whether you believe it or not, this post is being written without malice.

With that last bit being said, I'm truly done. Take it or leave it, it doesn't matter much to me, but this is the last time I'm taking a trip to idfnl world.

I'll leave it. You're a guy that uses crowd mentality to defend how you misinterpret and then can't climb back because you fear losing social status here. Its like losing a fight to a bird chest. It just happened to you so you rely on the idiots to keep you afloat and tell you it was a lucky punch. Well, it wasn't. It becomes compounded when another person chooses to believe, then another (like religion)... 3 people can't be wrong Ha ha, and its ibid, ibid, ibid... the place where "the blind leading the blind" came from. Then the resident wordsmiths even arrived to save the day, again on cue. I recall talk about past participles and "objectifying a subjective bla bla bla". Just stupid.

And I only care as far as it elaborates a personal journey/social experiment and an occasional good GIF/post. You've given me reason to justify playing along. But you're still an entrenched cool kid relying on the thumbs up of idiots.

And you're a liar by omission. Your post has nothing to do with malice, you omit the part about maintaining your social status here. I have none, therefore I have shit to lose. You on the other hand... again, life imitates art.

You would have gained my respect by admitting you whiffed, but I'm the sideshow, you were always talking past me towards the people you want positive reinforcement from. Proof is in the many that have posted similar sentiments, but you can't challenge them until you finally found a bird chest (me) you could try and bully with your cute little facts. And look, you got the reinforcement you craved and order is maintained: the idiots believe you. A mod will soon trot along to slap me on the wrist, then all is right on SF again.
Edited by idfnl - 3/7/14 at 9:27pm
post #13908 of 27250
idnfl with another thought-provoking response. LA or NY front office should look no further than his posts in this thread
post #13909 of 27250
lol
post #13910 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

With that last bit being said, I'm truly done. Take it or leave it, it doesn't matter much to me, but this is the last time I'm taking a trip to idfnl world.

I'm just passive-aggressively thumb-upping posts tonight.
post #13911 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

thought

provoking

See Hroi, it doesn't take much to provoke idiots to come out and back-slap.

Neo, you wouldn't be able to identify thought if it "thumbed up" you strait in the ass.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

I'm just passive-aggressively thumb-upping posts tonight.

I can tell. Give Neo above one for us.

I'm glad you stopped trying to justifying a loser argument, that's to your credit. And I mean that.
post #13912 of 27250
du brings up religion in a basketball discussion lol8[1].gif

Can't wait to hear how he'll incorporate Hitler this time. Or maybe Sasquatch
post #13913 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

du brings up religion in a basketball discussion lol8[1].gif

Can't wait to hear how he'll incorporate Hitler this time. Or maybe Sasquatch

No need. This little segment is better ended with Gibonius's thumb stuck in your ass.

Gnite all. Better luck next time.
post #13914 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

Lakers baby, Lakers.

I don't think that look on Kupchak's face was "Lakers baby Lakers". My gosh they got creamed!

Barkley: "Where you get your cookies at?" lol8[1].gif That Kaman clip was hilarious.
post #13915 of 27250
man i wrote so many posts then deleted them these past few days because i didn't want to shit up 3 threads at once but wow this head in sand episode takes the cake
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Really?

The rules have gotten out of hand. Scoring is just too easy now. This is a joke. His 22-33 is not efficiency, they're practice court fluff stats.

this what you originally said. this is an objective claim that lebrons efficiency is a joke because scoring is too easy nowadays

so hroi brought up pretty hard facts to show that actually scoring isn't easier nowadays and that actually scoring has gone down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Round 5. You were a thumb-upper on the fact checking, makes sense now. Note: I just showed this to 3 intelligent colleagues at work and they all got my point first time.
The way he went 22 for 33 looked really easy. It didn't look impressive. It looked like he was on a practice court. It didn't look entertaining.

His baskets looked too easy. It looked like he was a practice court.
It looked easy. It looked like he was on a practice court.
It looked easy. It looked like he was on a practice court.
It looked easy. It looked like he was on a practice court.
It looked easy. It looked like he was on a practice court.
It looked easy. It looked like he was on a practice court.
It looked easy. It looked like he was on a practice court.

They say you have to repeat things 7 times for some people to understand. There you go, a non-factual opinion 7 times.

hroi clearly showed your originally claim was wrong

so then you switch positions (out of pretty much necessity) to say that what you said all along (that lebron's efficiency in the modern era is a joke because it's easier to score) was actually was a subjective opinion (that it just looks like to you that his efficiency is a joke) that needs no proof to back up.

hold on so you think your claim needs no validation except that's how it looks like to you and then you expect everybody to give it any semblance of credence? your claim isn't a non factual opinion. it's an anti-factual opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

No man, I really don't care why I'm an easy target because I already know why. The reason is obvious, I made stupid mistakes finding my feet around here during a tough period of my life that some of the untouchables will never let go. The rest is academic.

So to me, the fuck does it matter if a bunch of back-slappers on the internet play high school? You and I both know my argument is the winner, so I'll flip the question and wonder why you can't admit you're wrong and let it be. I know why... because the pecking order says so. Just like it favors LeBron. Life imitates art. These are the principles by which low IQ people perceive life and I embrace the irony.

I only really use a few threads on here anymore anyway, its devolved over time, and this recent riff of posts elabotrates the problem. But hey, Jet is still good for a lakers baby lakers post and order is restored in the same way a new superhero movie keeps idiots entertained. It's the same thing that happens to bad governments, Hroi: shitty people get entrenched and everyone suffers from it. So have everyone thumbs up your latest post because they're the reason everyone is abandoning this forum, including me: its not worth caring about.

Someone told me SF is like a bar. They're right. This bar shows the basketball games on the big screen but its less and less fun watching. Take it at face value.

then when hroi points out that everybody think your argument is total shit you claim that everybody thinks that because you have low social standing?

then hroi says he's had enough of this shit and you think he's backing out because you think your argument "won"?

holy fucking cow. mind is blown. your argument won even though you can't back it up and nobody is allowed to show you evidence to the contrary?


words cannot express.

fwiw i don't give a fuck about SF social standing whatever the fuck that means (and i have zero clue what that means) (and i find your posts in the online dating thread generally entertaining). everybody dogs on you not because they like dogging on you (and trust me reading your arguments and then responding is a pain in the ass) but because your arguments are so intellectually vacant everybody can't help themselves but point out what is blatantly wrong only to be told that the idea of evidence and proof itself is wrong.
post #13916 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

this what you originally said. this is an objective claim that lebrons efficiency is a joke because scoring is too easy nowadays

hroi clearly showed your originally claim was wrong

everybody think your argument is total shit you claim that everybody thinks that because you have low social standing?

fwiw i don't give a fuck about SF social standing whatever the fuck that means

indesertum, you were also a thumb upper. My statement was interpreted as an objective claim. I tried to clarify, stating that the rules, favoritism, etc was contributing to the problem, the very same things that others with more social standing have said here.

After the Fact Check Mafia jumped in, I'd noted scoring averages were on the rise since '93. A point that went ignored, which sorta does justify an objective argument about scoring (it's obviously more nuanced). I could have played along, but I tried to be intellectually honest. I suppose nobody here has ever said "actually, what I meant was" to anyone.

So I clarified further that it was not entertaining basketball anymore because it looked easy, and that I was actually making a subjective point. I assumed that when I mentioned "practice court", people would understand. In soccer they call it "training ground stuff" when it looks too easy. And even after clarifying my point, folks here still threw statistics at a subjective argument.

Rather than a friendly bunch of people accepting my intention, a well worn path of SF ensued. If this weren't an environment where affirming the social pecking order was so rampant, "I get your point" and even perhaps "I don't agree, scoring doesn't look easy to me", might have made sense, so like, um, a conversation might take place. Maybe that would have happened here 6 years ago.

What people can't help themselves with here is ganging up on someone to raise their own personal profiles. You try and inoculate yourself by saying "fwiw i don't give a fuck about SF social standing...". A statement like that generally means you do.

I believe your goal here is to talk past me and let everyone know you are aligned with the group-think because you're not really saying anything new in your post so I didn't bother to quote or dissect it.

If I had written your post above, someone would have made a joke about how I have never learned to capitalize, or some syntactical error. So yes, low social standing exists for me because, like everyone, I've said my share of stupid shit but its more because I don't play along with the game that develops it, and that I actively prod the cool kids and don't care enough about perfect use of words to change. I could easily get a new account here, start over, and everyone would treat me completely differently than they do now. I'm fine with it as it is. Its much more interesting than being a thumb upping back slapper that is craving acceptance from sycophants.

And anyone else claiming he doesn't understand the terms group-think, social pecking order, gang mentality, or social standing is intellectually dim.

At any point we can talk about whether scoring looks easy or get back to other matters of basketball.
Edited by idfnl - 3/8/14 at 6:15am
post #13917 of 27250
Aint enough Colin Powell in the world.

IN short, fuck LeBron and his bitch face. Nothingmore needs to be said. Who the fuck brings logic to fandom anyway?
Go Dubs.
post #13918 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

My statement was interpreted as an objective claim.

it wasn't interpreted as an objective claim. it IS an objective claim.

when you state lebron's scoring efficiency IS terrible because scoring is easier nowadays

that is an objective claim

if you had said it seems to me, or it looks like, or in my opinion (LIKE YOU HAD ADMITTED LATER) that would be a subjective opinion

Quote:
the very same things that others with more social standing have said here.

nobody has made the same outrageous claims as you have
Quote:
After the Fact Check Mafia jumped in, I'd noted scoring averages were on the rise since '93. A point that went ignored, which sorta does justify an objective argument about scoring (it's obviously more nuanced). I could have played along, but I tried to be intellectually honest.

more like intellectually deficient. what numbers are you reading? scoring averages declined from '93 to '98. then it increases until '09 and then it decreases until '12, but clearly every single year has had a lower scoring average since '93

nobody addressed your point because your point was clearly wrong. i went wtf? maybe that's a typo
Quote:
I suppose nobody here has ever said "actually, what I meant was" to anyone.

actually you clearly can't even do that even when you know you're wrong like when you modified your sentence to "it looked like" as if you were making that point all along. c'mon dude who're you to criticize anybody about acceding defeat?
Quote:
So I clarified further that it was not entertaining basketball anymore because it looked easy, and that I was actually making a subjective point. I assumed that when I mentioned "practice court", people would understand. In soccer they call it "training ground stuff" when it looks too easy. And even after clarifying my point, folks here still threw statistics at a subjective argument.

wtf does a practice court have to do with making your claim subjective?

do you even understand what the words mean? just because it's a subjective argument doesn't mean you're not allowed to justify or criticize the argument with evidence. let's say i said in my opinion larry bird is the worst player of all time. that is a subjective argument but it holds no credence because i gave it no evidence or proof. it's a waste of words and space designed to TROLL people who think larry bird is one of the greatest of all time.

let me reiterate because like you said you need to repeat things for people to understand. an argument whether or subjective or objective needs evidence to back it up.
Quote:
Rather than a friendly bunch of people accepting my intention, a well worn path of SF ensued. If this weren't an environment where affirming the social pecking order was so rampant, "I get your point" and even perhaps "I don't agree, scoring doesn't look easy to me", might have made sense, so like, um, a conversation might take place. Maybe that would have happened here 6 years ago.

obviously nobody said scoring doesn't look easy to me because you never said anything about looking in the first place. you made a trollish statement about lebron actually being terrible because scoring is easy nowadays. nothing about looking, or in your opinion, or whatever subjective modifiers you could've used

and on the contrary people actually did say "i don't agree scoring is not easier" by bringing up some statistics to show that it's actually not easier
Quote:
What people can't help themselves with here is ganging up on someone to raise their own personal profiles. You try and inoculate yourself by saying "fwiw i don't give a fuck about SF social standing...". A statement like that generally means you do.

wtf is this shit. two people literally tell you people aren't dogging on you because of social standing but because your arguments are terrible and instead of trying to understand why they think your arguments are terrible you go on about some honestly unbelievably retarded conspiracy theory that everybody here is out to get you because they hate you.

i really don't give a fuck about SF social standing. and it looks like even if i made the claim you think i made the claim because i think the exact opposite. i actually quite like literally everybody here (even the trolls that populate SF, douchebags like jet, and argumentative assholes like you and why)
Quote:
I believe your goal here is to talk past me and let everyone know you are aligned with the group-think because you're not really saying anything new in your post so I didn't bother to quote or dissect it.

i am literally dissecting every word you're saying here because i'm trying to talk to you. there's nothing new in my post because you haven't clarified anything or or refuted any argument anybody before you has said
Quote:
If I had written your post above, someone would have made a joke about how I have never learned to capitalize, or some syntactical error. So yes, low social standing exists for me because, like everyone, I've said my share of stupid shit but its more because I don't play along with the game that develops it, and that I actively prod the cool kids and don't care enough about perfect use of words to change. I could easily get a new account here, start over, and everyone would treat me completely differently than they do now. I'm fine with it as it is. Its much more interesting than being a thumb upping back slapper that is craving acceptance from sycophants.

seriously dude? now you're going to go on about my lack of grammar and capitalizing things and think that's proof that people are out to get you? jesus fucking christ

a lot of people call out these grammar nazis because they realize that this isn't some scholarly article and people write like how they talk in real life.

Quote:
And anyone else claiming he doesn't understand the terms group-think, social pecking order, gang mentality, or social standing is intellectually dim.

At any point we can talk about whether scoring looks easy or get back to other matters of basketball.

actually what i meant was THERE IS NO FUCKING SF SOCIAL STANDING. that's why i said i have zero clue what that means. this isn't fucking high school.

look you have a history of making really terrible arguments with terrible or no evidence and any time somebody tries to point that out they come off worse for the wear. this is not indicative of the presence of a sf social standing. one of my proofs for this was that you actually have high social standing in the online dating thread because your posts are genuinely entertaining and provide good material and you don't make outlandish claims that you can't back up and you won't allow anybody to criticize either
post #13919 of 27250
I bet you 100 bucks that idnfl's response will be "something something pecking order....something something SF group think....something something social standing" lol8[1].gif
post #13920 of 27250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

I bet you 100 bucks that idnfl's response will be "something something pecking order....something something SF group think....something something social standing" lol8[1].gif


One month and one day ago:



Neo, this should do wonders for your social standing here. lol8[1].gif


_
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread