or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 927

post #13891 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

i don't think this is what you meant to say, either. or, well, it is the NBA.

Ha ha, a little racialism to lighten the mood.
post #13892 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

.
Perhaps I should have said opinion. Fixed.

Not that it matters -- I'm just pretending to find some utility in my undergraduate English degree -- but my comment was about (to the extent it was "about" anything) syntax, not word choice.
post #13893 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Not that it matters

English degree

You're absolutely right, it doesn't matter. This is not a grammar/syntax correction thread. Would anyone else like to raise their profile and point out boring and off topic stuff about my word choice? Now is your moment to pile on.
Edited by idfnl - 3/7/14 at 3:38pm
post #13894 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

One would think this thread was for English teachers.
It is. Didn't you get the memo?
post #13895 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

It is. Didn't you get the memo?

You caught me in a ninja edit. I didn't, but I'm on board. I need all the help I can get. BTW, ninja, caps or no cap? I can't decide.
post #13896 of 27206


this image has multiple possible meanings on this thread.
nod[1].gif
post #13897 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

So this is how it feels to see others fall for idfnl's trap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

lol I can't believe dudes got trolled again
Well, part of me just wanted to see how he would weasel out of it. He didn't disappoint laugh.gif
post #13898 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post


Well, part of me just wanted to see how he would weasel out of it. He didn't disappoint laugh.gif

LOL. Commiserating with the back-slappers. Love it. fing02[1].gif

Thanks for the fact checking and spirited debate, but I claimed victory when Gibonious had nothing left and started digressing into word salad.
post #13899 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

but I claimed victory when Gibonious had nothing left and started digressing into word salad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

umm you realize you're talking to idfnl
post #13900 of 27206
You mention that you're an "easy target" around here. You ever wonder why that is? You clearly care about this, because you get all butthurt and defensive when people start calling you on it.
post #13901 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

You mention that you're an "easy target" around here. You ever wonder why that is? You clearly care about this, because you get all butthurt and defensive when people start calling you on it.

No man, I really don't care why I'm an easy target because I already know why. The reason is obvious, I made stupid mistakes finding my feet around here during a tough period of my life that some of the untouchables will never let go. The rest is academic.

So to me, the fuck does it matter if a bunch of back-slappers on the internet play high school? You and I both know my argument is the winner, so I'll flip the question and wonder why you can't admit you're wrong and let it be. I know why... because the pecking order says so. Just like it favors LeBron. Life imitates art. These are the principles by which low IQ people perceive life and I embrace the irony.

I only really use a few threads on here anymore anyway, its devolved over time, and this recent riff of posts elabotrates the problem. But hey, Jet is still good for a lakers baby lakers post and order is restored in the same way a new superhero movie keeps idiots entertained. It's the same thing that happens to bad governments, Hroi: shitty people get entrenched and everyone suffers from it. So have everyone thumbs up your latest post because they're the reason everyone is abandoning this forum, including me: its not worth caring about.

Someone told me SF is like a bar. They're right. This bar shows the basketball games on the big screen but its less and less fun watching. Take it at face value.
Edited by idfnl - 3/7/14 at 8:37pm
post #13902 of 27206
Houston Rockets, best NBA team since Jan 1!

Who wudda thunk it?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
post #13903 of 27206
No, your arguments are dishonest and an insult to people's intelligence. That's exactly why you get targeted, along with your insistence that you're still right and people are just misinterpreting you, even after people give you hard facts to tell you otherwise.

There is no way that you can misinterpret a statement that NBA scoring has become too easy, yet you insist that everyone here is, and imply that we are all stupid for reaching the exact same conclusion that is allegedly false. If you meant something else, then you should have written it differently.

You also clearly care about what the people on here think, come on man. That's why I am still engaging you here, because I don't want to be a bully so I am giving you an explanation why it's happening, from my perspective, and telling you that making it all stop is completely under your control. Whether you believe it or not, this post is being written without malice.

With that last bit being said, I'm truly done. Take it or leave it, it doesn't matter much to me, but this is the last time I'm taking a trip to idfnl world.
post #13904 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

....this is the last time I'm taking a trip to idfnl world.

I'm sure you'll change your tune come April laugh.gif
post #13905 of 27206
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post

Houston Rockets, best NBA team since Jan 1!

Who wudda thunk it?
They certainly opened my eyes after beating the Heat. It seems like the elite teams are starting to dig in and assert their will on the league.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread