Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:02 am in Classic Menswear
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 2:55 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 828post #12406 of 272066/25/13 at 9:57pmpost #12407 of 272066/25/13 at 10:44pmpost #12408 of 272066/26/13 at 7:57pm
I recently watched this video again and it just blew my mind how far ahead the US is in basketball compared with the rest of the world. The only country that comes close is Spain, but they don't have the athleticism or the perimeter shooting to keep up with the US. I wonder how long it will take for the world to achieve basketball parity like it has with soccer...probably never at this rate.
Seriously, Carmelo plays 14 minutes, scores 37 points, and goes 10-for-12 from 3-pt range...unbelievable. The US as a whole shot 29-for-46 from 3.
Oh, and James Harden, you got SHOOK. Yes, Mobb Deep was rapping about YOU.post #12409 of 272066/26/13 at 9:18pmpost #12410 of 272066/27/13 at 6:17amWe might be far ahead on individual talent, but we have been having trouble with the top tier teams for more than a decade now. We are still good enough to almost always win if we take it seriously, but it's not a sure thing anymore. And when we don't take it seriously we get blown out, like what happened before USAB hired coach K and put together a serious program. I remember that we lost to Puerto Rico in one Olympics or Worldspost #12411 of 272066/27/13 at 8:26amQuote:
^really? 2004 the USA mens team (chalk full of allstars from iverson to carmelo to lebron) barely won bronze. italy rained threes on team USA with a bunch of italian stiffs as big men. the funny part is how bad the shooting form a lot of the italian wingmen had - but it was reminiscent of what the Warriors did this year Splash city.
2008 spain gave USA a run.
the NBA teams were smart though and incorporated Euro/international style play that works in the NBA (3pt shooting small ball, mobile centers) - and didn't mess around with the national team training/processes in 2008 (hell the 2008 team was called the "redeem team").
its been compared before but USA basektball was like the late 70's early 80's Canada Hockey national teams. having the majority of the talent eventually didn't overcome stagnation in style of play. the NBA was smart though and GMs quickly adapted to what works euro/international wise into their own teams).
the spurs, small ball heat, golden state, nuggets, 2004-2008 suns, trailblazers all have cribbed from international style of play.post #12412 of 272066/27/13 at 12:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
^really? 2004 the USA mens team (chalk full of allstars from iverson to carmelo to lebron) barely won bronze. italy rained threes on team USA with a bunch of italian stiffs as big men. the funny part is how bad the shooting form a lot of the italian wingmen had - but it was reminiscent of what the Warriors did this year Splash city.Quote:Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
the NBA teams were smart though and incorporated Euro/international style play that works in the NBA (3pt shooting small ball, mobile centers) - and didn't mess around with the national team training/processes in 2008 (hell the 2008 team was called the "redeem team"). the spurs, small ball heat, golden state, nuggets, 2004-2008 suns, trailblazers all have cribbed from international style of play.post #12413 of 272066/27/13 at 6:20pmpost #12414 of 272066/27/13 at 6:22pmpost #12415 of 272066/27/13 at 6:25pmQuote:
Trey Burke is gonna be a good player for a long time. I'm really impressed with his maturity. He's got that look in his eyepost #12416 of 272066/27/13 at 6:34pmpost #12417 of 272066/27/13 at 6:47pm
What do you guys think about that trade between the Pelicans (ugh...) and the Sixers -- Nerlens Noel and a 2014 first-round protected pick for Jrue Holliday? I like it and it seems like both teams are filling holes in their teams with this trade. I'm sure Philly is dying for a solid big man after the Andrew Bynum debacle and New Orleans is trying to find their next Chris Paul -- can't do much better than a young stud PG who's already been to the All-Star game once. Philly is taking a risk on Noel, though -- knee surgery will sideline him until December.
And how about all this talk of KG, Paul Pierce, and Jason Terry all going to the Nets?! That's just insane. A starting lineup of D-Will, Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, KG, and Brooke Lopez will be able to match up with the Heat (in the halfcourt, at least) no matter how bad Jason Kidd is at coaching. Yeah, 3 of the 5 are past their primes, but they're still great players with a lot of veteran toughness and savvy.post #12418 of 272066/27/13 at 6:54pmWhat the hell is this nonsense? Steven Adams with the 12th pick? WTF?! How'd that scouting debrief go?
Scout: Think we found our man, sir.
GM: Great! Tell me about him.
S: Seven feet tall, decent frame, raw.
G: Okay, not bad at the 12 spot, I guess. How'd he do in college?
S: Seven points, six rebounds. A real all-around game.
G: White guy? Black guy? Chinese?
G: Good. White centers in the NBA are usually really productive. Never injured. How old is he?
S: Nineteen. Played one year at Pitt.
G: Well, as long as he'd been a winner somewhere. Did he face elite level competition in high school?
S: Absolutely. He dominated New Zealand high school basketball.
G: Sounds legit! Draft him!post #12419 of 272066/27/13 at 7:11pmSixers fan here, and I really like the trade. Holiday was too good for this bad team, and left us middling so no top lotto picks.
Noel has a ton of potential, and MCW slides in as a PG with size and great analytic stats. The protected Pelicans 1st-rounder next year is gravy. The Sixers are in full-on rebuild mode, and have a shot to suck so bad next year as to get Wiggins plus another lotto player.
There is risk here, and I'd underline that more so because Holiday has a good contract, but the Sixers needed to shake things up and that's what they did.post #12420 of 272066/27/13 at 7:20pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 3 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 17 minutes ago
- › I need someone to tell me to keep this! 24 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 32 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway