or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 802

post #12016 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

this is a finals with both sides having two of the greatest most fundamentally sound players ever. a great scoring guard and legit centers seems to do well against the heat. my gut says heat in 6 - but with wade not being healthy and the pacers exposing the heats weaknesses the spurs look like they could beat the heat easily at this point in time (because of their health and coaching).

man I can't wait for the flopping manu will bring to this series. bodies could be flying across the court when wade and Manu get within millimeters of each other.

Manu's not playing enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

Heat to sweep.

Wishful thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Oh wait? Miami did have the best record didn't they? lol8[1].gif Just seems the other way around on how easy the Spurs finished off the West. My fault. rotflmao.gif

Not sure where you're going with this.

Head says Heat. Heart, as always, says Spurs in Six.
post #12017 of 27236
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post

Not sure where you're going with this.

It simply meant it felt like the Spurs were the #1 seed team because of how much easier they got to the finals. They had a 9 day rest for gods sake. lol8[1].gif
post #12018 of 27236
the Spurs had an easier road to the Finals by virtue of their first round matchup tongue.gif
post #12019 of 27236
Thread Starter 
post #12020 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

haha ticketmaster is trying to sell standing room only tickets for game 1 for 200 bucks. you don't even get a fucking seat!!!

I have done standing room only for baseball and basketball games. It was actually a lot of fun, since by definition it's usually a big, high-energy game. And you can often find a post or wall to lean on, if not an actual seat. I have also done it for concerts (of the rock, not the orchestral, variety) and for the opera. It was much less fun at the opera.
post #12021 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

I have done standing room only for baseball and basketball games. It was actually a lot of fun, since by definition it's usually a big, high-energy game. And you can often find a post or wall to lean on, if not an actual seat. I have also done it for concerts (of the rock, not the orchestral, variety) and for the opera. It was much less fun at the opera.
true. i might do it with buddies, but not with my wife bitching at me the whole night. and certainly not for $200

RFX and jet, you can have this Laker fan back rotflmao.gif

ScreenShot2013-06-03at7.32.08PM_crop_north_crop_north.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=75
post #12022 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

It simply meant it felt like the Spurs were the #1 seed team because of how much easier they got to the finals. They had a 9 day rest for gods sake. lol8[1].gif

IMO not a good thing. If anyone can make it an asset though it would be Pop. IMO 4th best of all time (Jackson, Auerbach, Riley, Pop)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

the Spurs had an easier road to the Finals by virtue of their first round matchup tongue.gif

nod[1].gif
post #12023 of 27236
George Karl out.

Wow. Lose a GM and the team starts falling apart.

It Rotoworld is to be believed, the split was around J McGee not starting and playing Andre Miller too much. How incredibly stupid. Miller was instrumental, he played great ball all season and played very well side by side with Lawson. McGee, debatable, but IMO the kid still makes too many mistakes and shouldn't start yet.

A very promising team could completely fall apart here.
post #12024 of 27236
They should sign Patrick Roy he'd have more to work with.
post #12025 of 27236
Did Karl ever take them past the first round of the playoffs?

Wouldn't be surprised to see him coaching next season though, there's a bunch of openings for head coaches right now
post #12026 of 27236
He'll always have a job till he doesn't want one.
post #12027 of 27236
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post


Wouldn't be surprised to see him coaching next season though, there's a bunch of openings for head coaches right now


Clippers needs to jump on this now!!!!!!
post #12028 of 27236
Yeah, It seems apropos that Karl get to coach the 2013 version of GP and Kemp
post #12029 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post

Did Karl ever take them past the first round of the playoffs?

 

Yes, the Nuggets made the Western Conference Finals with Melo and Chauncey Billups.
post #12030 of 27236
so with the success of rookie head coaches like Spoelstra, Thibodeau and Mark Jackson, I am hoping franchises start giving opportunities to more newbies.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread