or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 798

post #11956 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

The flops are simply hilarious in this series, I am surprised not more fines are given out.
...
Unless it was just a coincidental simultaneous flopasm, I have to give kudos to West for his quick reaction time in the first one, counteracting Lebron's lame flop with one of his own.
post #11957 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

idfnl, you the same guy that was making fun of me for saying the Pacers were a difficult matchup for the Heat, right?

Do you mean this post Ed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

well, now I can come out of my self imposed ban from this threak frown.gif Still in mourning, but can't say I'm shocked. I felt that Indy presented too many problems for the Knicks (and Heat) with their size and George who is basically a 6'10" shooting guard but I never thought Chandler was going to disappear as he did. I think they would have been better off dressing up Herb Willams. And J. R. And Felton. And Woodson refusing to take the leash off Copeland. Interested in to see Heat/Indy, I think Indy will present some of the same problems but the Heat with Bosh can move Hibbert out of the paint and minimize his defensive impact.


No, I never replied to it. Sorta renders the jabbering of others a bit useless. And you might owe me an apology.


Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

He is as consistently wrong as I am consistently awful as a poster.


Looks like you may be wrong this time, my dear.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post

He is the same guy that said Chris Paul isn't a superstar puzzled.gif
 a while ago


I don't recall that, but I don't really rate him as highly as others do either. One guy that is definitely no longer a superstar is Wade, Wade.
post #11958 of 27236
lol. so a two-way player who gave his team 22/5/5/2/1 this year, shooting 52% and an efficiency rating of almost 22 isn't a superstar because he can't play well on a bad knee? I realize there's a SF meme about your fact allergies. but come on.

that dual Lebron/West flop is hilarious. looked like one of those old war movies where someone throws a grenade into a squad of soldiers
post #11959 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

lol. so a two-way player who gave his team 22/5/5/2/1 this year, shooting 52% and an efficiency rating of almost 22 isn't a superstar because he can't play well on a bad knee? I realize there's a SF meme about your fact allergies. but come on.

Nothing to do with his knee.

I had Wade on my fantasy team all season. He wasn't even in the top 100 the 1st month, and ever so slowly ticked up until he was in great form around March. He was pedestrian most of the season, so no, I don't consider Wade a superstar any longer when he can only sustain superstar level play for a month and a half. Spent force.

Curry had better numbers than Wade and wasn't even an all star.
post #11960 of 27236
Your reply to HRoi's reply of my post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

You remind me of the roommate that steals the girl and then tries to talk him up so he won't feel so bad.

But whatever, I don't really care either way, I am a basketball fan and when my team is out of it (or even when they are in it), I try not to get caught up in the hype and look at matchups and things like defense, rebounding and benches which is why I knew Miami was not going to cruise past Indiana even though everyone had Miami winning the series in 4-5 games. Miami would have the same issues if they were playing the Knicks and will have the same issues if they beat Indiana and play the Spurs. I expect Miami to win tonight because in a game 7 at home, with the best player on either team in LeBron, it would take a career game from multiple Pacers to pull it off, but I do expect it to be close.

This could be Miami's last chance for a chip with this cast. Assuming no major moves next year from any eastern conference team, I have Miami as second/third best team in the East next year, maybe forth best. And depending on how the West shakeouts with Howard, the West might have 2-3 teams better than Miami next year.
post #11961 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

Your reply to HRoi's reply of my post:
But whatever, I don't really care either way, I am a basketball fan and when my team is out of it (or even when they are in it), I try not to get caught up in the hype and look at matchups and things like defense, rebounding and benches which is why I knew Miami was not going to cruise past Indiana even though everyone had Miami winning the series in 4-5 games.

Fair enough, I didn't reply to your post.

I'm surprised Indiana has done so well, but I'm glad they have. This has been a great series. I'd like to see a new team in the finals, and I really am tired of seeing Lebron's bitch face every time he gets called for a foul. It will be hard for Indiana to overcome home court and the leagues desire for Miami in the finals so lets hope we don't see the phantom calls.
post #11962 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Nothing to do with his knee.

I had Wade on my fantasy team all season. He wasn't even in the top 100 the 1st month, and ever so slowly ticked up until he was in great form around March. He was pedestrian most of the season, so no, I don't consider Wade a superstar any longer when he can only sustain superstar level play for a month and a half. Spent force.

Curry had better numbers than Wade and wasn't even an all star.

As I believe I also said at some point in the MLB thread, any post about how good a professional athlete is or isn't that begins, "I had him on my fantasy team and . . . " is not worth reading, unless the question at hand is whether the player is worth owning in fantasy leagues.
post #11963 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

As I believe I also said at some point in the MLB thread, any post about how good a professional athlete is or isn't that begins, "I had him on my fantasy team and . . . " is not worth reading, unless the question at hand is whether the player is worth owning in fantasy leagues.

Yeah. But you read it.
post #11964 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Yeah. But you read it.

Not all of it, actually.
post #11965 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Not all of it, actually.

nod[1].gif
post #11966 of 27236
Wade averaged those numbers over 69 games. yeah, he probably didn't bring it every game, and yeah, it would have been great if he played 82. but I don't know where you get this "month and a half" idea. dude played more games than Tony Parker and Melo, and this was while being rested in the last couple of weeks

I had Wade on my fantasy team and he was actually one of the more reliable performers. Kyrie Irving and Anthony Davis were the players who sank me
post #11967 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

As I believe I also said at some point in the MLB thread, any post about how good a professional athlete is or isn't that begins, "I had him on my fantasy team and . . . " is not worth reading, unless the question at hand is whether the player is worth owning in fantasy leagues.

I disagree. Having someone on your fantasy team makes you more likely to follow their season more closely than another fan would. So IMO it stands to reason that you would be more knowledgeable about evaluating them. You can't evaluate a player based solely on their statistics, but you can tell an awful lot from a box score and a gamecast, especially for baseball. Of course fantasy ownership often goes hand in hand with hysterics and/or biases in talking about individual players, but in my experience owning some guys on my fantasy teams has really helped me understand their games/sports better.
post #11968 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlm4114 View Post

I disagree. Having someone on your fantasy team makes you more likely to follow their season more closely than another fan would. So IMO it stands to reason that you would be more knowledgeable about evaluating them. You can't evaluate a player based solely on their statistics, but you can tell an awful lot from a box score and a gamecast, especially for baseball. Of course fantasy ownership often goes hand in hand with hysterics and/or biases in talking about individual players, but in my experience owning some guys on my fantasy teams has really helped me understand their games/sports better.

Fair point. If such posts ran, "Because I had him on three fantasy teams I watched him closely this year, and I observed . . ." they might have some value.
In my experience, they never do. The assertion of ownership is almost always followed by some sort assumed equivalence between the player's impact on the speaker's fantasy team performance and his value as a member of a real world team.
Not nitpicking, but genuinely curious about your meaning: are you saying that you can glean something from a box score that you can't glean from more aggregated statistics?
post #11969 of 27236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post


And jet...well...is jet. Haven't heard from him in a month...Wonder why?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-lebron-james-20130602,0,6346751.story
post #11970 of 27236
Even tho steve is a piece of shit and I posted a week ago I'd still rather have the spurs on their last leg win than the heat.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread