Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread - Page 797

post #11941 of 27608
Wade and bosh haven't done anything. Lebron can't win by himself

I just hope west gets better
post #11942 of 27608
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

I like Hibbert's interviews

You motherfuckers

edit:
LBJ looking fresh sans tee wow that jacket
post #11943 of 27608
What did he say?
post #11944 of 27608
Thread Starter 
Quote:
A key moment is when LeBron's called for a charge into Roy. He basically takes off down the floor. What's going through your mind when you see LeBron running the other way and getting T'ed up?

Hibbert: I was on the floor to tell you the truth, so I didn't know what was going on. I had to ask Paul. That play right there, I tell Paul, I have his back all the time. If he gets beat, LeBron has a large launching pad, I don't block a lot of shots all the time, but I try to alter it as much as possible and not to give up any easy plays.

Because the momentum could have shifted right there if he got an easy dunk. There was what — was it Game 3 here? I really felt that I let Paul down in terms of having his back when LeBron was scoring in the post or getting to the paint, because they stretched me out so much. No homo. (laughs)

But I wanted to be there for [Paul]. He's the future. I mean, I think he has a chance to be MVP of this league next year. Every guard needs to have a big guy to have his back. So I'm that guy.

Quote:
Roy, you finished only 10th in [Defensive] Player of the Year voting. Why do you think that's possible when you alter so many shots?

Hibbert: You know what, because y'all motherf*****s don't watch us play throughout the year, to tell you the truth. That's fine. I'm going to be real with you. And I don't care if I get fined. You know what, we play, we're not on TV all the time. Reporters are the ones that are voting. And it is what it is. If I don't make it, that's fine. I'm still going to do what I have to do.

George: Well said.
post #11945 of 27608
Last 2 games have been a pleasure to watch.

I thought Indiana ran out of gas in G 5, they had control of that game until they tired. Some of those early baskets were some fine basketball to watch.

Last night they were dominant, Indiana deserves the series. They've been the better team so far.

Game 7. League needs the Heat in the finals. SA - IND would be a great series, but we already know SA depresses ratings. Look for more bad calls, a Miami win.

Miami doesn't look nearly as hungry this time. Only Lebron does because he needs a legacy. The other dudes don't really care save Ray Allen who came to Miami for a ring.

If the refs don't fuck the Pacers, they have the measure of the Heat.
post #11946 of 27608
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Last night they were dominant, Indiana deserves the series. They've been the better team so far.
how do you figure that? they lost a close OT game, then won a close game decided by a late turnover. got blown out in game 3, won a close game 4, got (semi) blown out again, and finally got a convincing win in game 6.

that said, i think game 7 is a total toss-up. not liking the dissension i'm seeing on the Heat either.
post #11947 of 27608
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

how do you figure that? they lost a close OT game, then won a close game decided by a late turnover. got blown out in game 3, won a close game 4, got (semi) blown out again, and finally got a convincing win in game 6.

that said, i think game 7 is a total toss-up. not liking the dissension i'm seeing on the Heat either.

I don't equate score with a team's form.

The Pacers look more unified, yes, to your point. In addition, they seem hungrier and they are dominating the boards. Its rare a team loses the rebounding battle this badly and wins a series. Last year, with hardly any offense, the Celtics took them to 7. The Pacers have a better team than the Celtics.

My only concern is that the Pacers often have to do more work to score. The Heat are getting easier baskets. Last night seemed a turning point, the Pacers got a bunch of fast break points and seemed to finally solve the Heat defense.
post #11948 of 27608
idfnl, you the same guy that was making fun of me for saying the Pacers were a difficult matchup for the Heat, right?
post #11949 of 27608
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

idfnl, you the same guy that was making fun of me for saying the Pacers were a difficult matchup for the Heat, right?

He is as consistently wrong as I am consistently awful as a poster.
post #11950 of 27608

He is the same guy that said Chris Paul isn't a superstar puzzled.gif a while ago

post #11951 of 27608
He's a joke. I don't know how any of you take what he says seriously. lol8[1].gif
post #11952 of 27608
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

I don't equate score with a team's form.

The Pacers look more unified, yes, to your point. In addition, they seem hungrier and they are dominating the boards. Its rare a team loses the rebounding battle this badly and wins a series.
even rarer still for a team to lose the scoring battle and still win the series lol8[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

He's a joke. I don't know how any of you take what he says seriously. lol8[1].gif
it's amusing, because I think he really believes what he says
post #11953 of 27608
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

it's amusing, because I think he really believes what he says

He does, that's the sad thing. And I've had him on ignore for a while. The few times he's quoted I've seen that literally, nothing about him has changed.
post #11954 of 27608
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

Looks the league is setting it all up for a game 7
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/05/31/heats-birdman-grounded-for-game-6/?ls=iref:nbahpt3b

OH COME ON
LOL
post #11955 of 27608
Thread Starter 
The flops are simply hilarious in this series, I am surprised not more fines are given out.

lebron-david-west-double-flop.gif
lebron-pacers-flop.gif
lebron-james-flop-pacers-2012.gif
stephenson-flop-on-lebron.gif
stephenson-flop-on-allen.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread