Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 10/30/14 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 7/27/15 at 9:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:03pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Fok's Pick: Quilted VestsLast edited: 3/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread - Page 628post #9406 of 2356611/12/12 at 9:11ampost #9407 of 2356611/12/12 at 9:22ampost #9408 of 2356611/12/12 at 9:24ampost #9409 of 2356611/12/12 at 10:45ampost #9410 of 2356611/12/12 at 10:58ampost #9411 of 2356611/12/12 at 11:19ampost #9412 of 2356611/12/12 at 11:38amThread StarterUgh, is a 4year contract the standard (minimum) for coaches?
But you can see though that once Brown left and just let your talents play normal basketball, that everything seems so simple and that is w/o Nash on the court.
I am a bit weary about D'Antonis run and gun type of plays with this old roster (Pau, Nash, Kobe and MWP are all in their 30s) but that should benefit Dwight to some extent Nash as well. D'Antoni did make Nash a 2-time back-to-back MVP so there is hope.post #9413 of 2356611/12/12 at 11:56ami'm a phil boy, too. but i've always liked d'antoni. a couple things:
1) phil is a big boy and he wanted a LOT, according to our guys. like, partial ownership (though why he doesn't just marry Jeannie and get it that way, i don't know).
2) kobe is a big d'antoni fan. if phil wasn't coming, that was his choice.
3) d'antoni ran run-n-gun with phoenix because that was the skill set he had. there wasn't a true center. i'm not sure he lasted long enough with the knicks to judge, but they did seem to run a more patterned set. though defense is obviously not his strong point.
it's going to be interesting.post #9414 of 2356611/12/12 at 11:56am3 years guaranteed, with 4th year team option. I agree, and I am weary with D'Antoni's style of basketball. I don't think he will utilize the Laker's greatest strength in having Pau, Dwight (and Kobe) in the post. That said, Nash will have a field day with pick and roll when he gets back. I just hope Nate McMillan will agree to be an assistant coach for defense, even if its just for one year.post #9415 of 2356611/12/12 at 12:01pm
Not really, KObe already said he'd like Mike. He knew him growing up in Italy and has played for him in international ball.
Phil wanted a SHIT load, including days off to let his assistants coach, ownership, total b-ball decision control, and to basically pick the next coach.
Of course, in balance, outside of the ownership stake it would likely work out for the Laker's.
But I can see both Buses not wanting to just roll over and take it in the ass from Phil.post #9416 of 2356611/12/12 at 12:02pmQuote:
Are you for real?
Not even close. Brown hiring sucked, but they got Dwight and Nash and cut bait when they needed to. I'm most dubious of his purging of the management and scouting division.post #9417 of 2356611/12/12 at 12:41pmQuote:
"A much better measure of defense is per possession, and by that measure over the last nine years McMillan's teams in Seattle and Portland ranked 22nd, 14th, 13th, 10th, 20th, 28th, 27th, 27th and 15th in the NBA."
So yeah, McMillan is not much better than D'Antoni in terms of defense.post #9418 of 2356611/12/12 at 12:49pmD'Antoni is a questionable decision at best, if the players (Kobe) like him then he is already ahead of Brown but nothing I've seen of D'Antoni tells me that he can coach this team succesfully. This team is much better suited to Phil's Triangle. That being said, they have enough talent where if he doesn't do anything too stupid they should win 55-60 games on autopilot. If he doesn't work out, there is always Larry Brown.
Anyone see that Rudy Gay behind the back on Lebron dunk?
Dopey, I;m a Knicks fan but in reality we are really 1-0, two games against Philly without Bynum and Iggy and one game against Mavs without Dirk and Marrion shouldn't really count When Wallace, Chandler, Brower, Novak and Pablo P. are on the floor, its like the game is being played in slow motion.post #9419 of 2356611/12/12 at 1:00pm
- NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 3 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 6 minutes ago
- › A Thread for Sunglasses (High End and Rarities Welcome) 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Made to Measure Suits, Higgins and Brown Vs Steed 8 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 11 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 12 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...