Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 10/30/14 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 7/27/15 at 9:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:03pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Fok's Pick: Quilted VestsLast edited: 3/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread - Page 605post #9061 of 235568/16/12 at 12:42pmpost #9062 of 235568/16/12 at 12:48pmpost #9063 of 235568/16/12 at 12:55pmpost #9064 of 235568/16/12 at 2:06pmQuote:Quote:
And what, I wonder, is Vanessa contributing to the marriage that is comparable to an NBA championship every year? She can't be THAT good in the sack.post #9065 of 235568/16/12 at 6:51pmQuote:
At this point, her contribution is not making Kobe have to get liquid to the tune of $150 mil. His balls, her diamond studded vice grip.post #9066 of 235568/16/12 at 7:30pmpost #9067 of 235568/16/12 at 8:40pmpost #9068 of 235568/16/12 at 9:05pmQuote:
Exactly. He should have given her the old heave-ho a long time ago (the settlement doesn't have to be liquid assets).post #9069 of 235568/20/12 at 8:17pmQuote:
He didn't get a prenup? Dude knew he was going to be a multi-millionaire since he was 17 and he didn't get a prenup? At least when Michael got married he barely had a million dollars in the bank.
Also, too lazy to go back and select posts to quote, but...
Orlando was stupid to make the trade. Salary cap space is more important than ever. They should've held pat, tried again to make a deal at the trading deadline, and if that didn't work, let him walk away in free agency and use the cap room to attract new talent. The interesting thing about the trade is that now Philly has Bynum and Hawes. They shelled out quite a bit to resign Hawes, probably too much for a backup center. I wonder if he is up on the trading block. I'd love for Cleveland to get him. They desperately need somebody inside who can put the ball in the hoop.
Agree with RFX in that there's no way that Nets replace a healthy Chicago in the ECF next year. That said, they're all just playing for 2nd place until LeBron gets old, slow, and week.
Edited by Biggskip - 8/20/12 at 8:32pmpost #9070 of 235568/21/12 at 11:26amhardwood classics last night (yeah, i know, i've got a problem), but they had kobe's 81-point game. phenomenal, of course, but what i really realized (again) after watching it was that they needed all 81 of those points to win. what an unbelievably shitty team, kobe, lamar odom and three guys from summer league: chris mihm, smush parker and kwame brown. it's a real tribute to bryant and to jackson's coaching ability that he got them into the playoffs, much less above 500.post #9071 of 235568/21/12 at 11:28amThread StarterQuote:
To be fair, Vanessa is Kobes high school sweetheart so I could see where he would trust her from the get go but yeah, every athletes that makes millions should always have a pre-nup and women should understand and take no offense when asked.post #9072 of 235568/21/12 at 11:59amQuote:
i think vanessa was a back up dancer on a music video (probably kobe's when he still had musical ambitions)... thats where they met. Kobe was already in the NBA at that point, while Vanessa was still like a junior or senior in highschool. They were married before she even graduated highschool.
I remember all this because kobe and I are around the same age, and I was in total awe thinking how a 19yo kid would be married to a girl still in highschool and eventually imagining a doomsday scenario where he becomes the next NBA superstar and having to pay out his ass if there's a divorce.post #9073 of 235568/21/12 at 12:11pmpost #9074 of 235568/21/12 at 12:20pmI'm not a lawyer and don't know the various states divorce laws but I think even with a prenup, a guy like Kobe would be paying huge to Vanessa if she leaves. I am sure that if you are worth $1 million today, sign a prenup where your wife gets $500,000 in a divorce, are married for a few years, have kids and in those few years your worth goes from $1 million to $100 million, that $500K prenup becomes meaningless. Didn't Tom Cruise/Katie have a single digit million prenup but he still had to shell out like $50mil to her? And Tiger lost his shirt, I'm sure he had a prenup.post #9075 of 235568/21/12 at 12:20pm
- NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 5 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Belgravia 10.5E Dark Oak Antique (184 last) 6 minutes ago
- › I need your eyes (not in a literal sense) - counterfeit or not? 10 minutes ago
- › Anyone happy with itailor.com? 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...