Dont count out Memphis, better team than you think. Celtics put together a few games and they're there.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:03pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Fok's Pick: Quilted VestsLast edited: 3/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread - Page 442post #6616 of 236204/10/12 at 4:34ampost #6617 of 236204/10/12 at 9:00ampost #6618 of 236204/10/12 at 9:32amThread Starterpost #6619 of 236204/10/12 at 9:35ampost #6620 of 236204/10/12 at 9:39amThread Starterpost #6621 of 236204/10/12 at 9:45ampost #6622 of 236204/10/12 at 9:50ampost #6623 of 236204/10/12 at 9:52ampost #6624 of 236204/10/12 at 10:28am
The playoffs are all about matchups. If Memphis played Dallas in the first round last year instead of the Spurs, we might be talking about the Spurs as defending champs instead. Who knows.
All I know is Memphis matches up well with everyone in the west other than maybe the Lakers, since their size advantage would be offset. I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see them in the conference finals.post #6625 of 236204/10/12 at 10:30ampost #6626 of 236204/10/12 at 10:40amThread StarterMatch ups matter but it isn't all about that. The Lakes has no match in size but they lost to Dallas last year and who their bigs? Chandler and Dirk? Lakers finally plugged the hole in their rotation by getting Sessions yet they continue to lose. So no, it isn't all about match-ups, if it is, the Lakers with Kobe, healthy Bynum, Pau, MWP and Sessions should be undefeated because you really can't match that much offense and defense. Bulls wouldn't be winning so much either if it's all about match-ups.post #6627 of 236204/10/12 at 11:02amQuote:Originally Posted by RFX45
Match ups matter but it isn't all about that. The Lakes has no match in size but they lost to Dallas last year and who their bigs? Chandler and Dirk? Lakers finally plugged the hole in their rotation by getting Sessions yet they continue to lose. So no, it isn't all about match-ups, if it is, the Lakers with Kobe, healthy Bynum, Pau, MWP and Sessions should be undefeated because you really can't match that much offense and defense. Bulls wouldn't be winning so much either if it's all about match-ups.
lakers lost because they could not match up with Dirk offensively and Chandler defensively, you just say that yourself. I do expect the Lakers to go far in the playoffs for the reasons you just mentioned and I don't expect the Bulls to go far for the same reasons. The regular season does not matter a whole lot in the playoffs.post #6628 of 236204/10/12 at 11:08am
The Lakers didn't really have a matchup advantage last year against Dallas. Dirk and Chandler had enough size (we're talking two 7 footers here) to matchup against Bynum and Gasol. And don't forget that Bynum was nowhere near the offensive force he is this year and Pau was going through a miserable slump.
If anything, Dallas had the advantage because the Lakers were one of the worst teams in giving up 3 pointers last year and Dallas shot the lights out on them.
And the regular season is a whole other beast than the playoffs. Matchups don't matter as much because teams have less time to prepare and need to rest their guys more. The Lakers aren't undefeated because the other 5 guys they play everyday stink. That doesn't matter as much in the playoffs because the game slows down and the bench shortens.
And the regular season is perfect environment for the Bulls. They are super deep and play consistently great defense. That wins you games in the regular season. But come the playoffs, they're not going to make it passed the conference finals because all Miami needs to do is stop Rose. And Miami just so happens to have two of the best perimeter defenders in the league.
Chicago = LeBron era Cleveland.post #6629 of 236204/10/12 at 11:31amThread StarterYou guys are looking at it on one side on the Dallas/Laker series. Lakers should be dominant on offense when it comes to bigs. Bynum and Pau are both offensively capable while Dirk is the only one who cans core consistently than Chandler. Did the Lakers big take advantage? Nope!
On defense, Pau defended Dirk like crap but Bynum should be able to dominate in the paint defensively as Chandler. Was he? Nope!. Pua is a good defender too but did he had lapses on leaving Dirk open? Many times.
On hindsight, it's easy to say Dallas had the advantage but before that series, everyone was picking the Lakers and your crazy if you predicted Dallas would go all the way before that. The team imploded for some reason, Pau got extra soft and Bynum acted like an idiot but seriously, look at the match-ups on paper, the Laker should have been an overwhelming winner of the two.
In the Finals, did Lebron, Wade and Bosh really had a match in Dallas? Not really. Lebron choked and Wade has to carry the team by himself so they failed. Roster-wise, you can't even say Dallas is very deep, they pretty much compressed they roster to 8-9 guys in the playoffs.
Again, think about the match-ups w/o knowing the outcome and you'd see that it isn't all about that. Again, how many predicted Dallas the chip last year even when the playoff started? Practically no one.post #6630 of 236204/10/12 at 11:39amwell, at the end of the day sports are unpredictable, if it was easy to pick winners I'd be retired. All you can do is play the percentages/matchups/experience etc. When I look at those things, I like the Spurs or Lakers out West. The East is more open and you can get Boston, Miami or even Indiana coming out on top. Obviously Chicago is a good team but I just don't see why so many people pick them to go all the way, they match up badly versus pretty much any team they would face and a 5-7 game series is very tough to win with one legitimate prime time scorer, even Jordan needed Pippen and a front line to win it all.
- NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~ 18 seconds ago
- › What to Buy From Saint Laurent 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Vass Horween Shell Cordovan Shoes / Boot - 39.5 EU 5 minutes ago
- › The Needles / Nepenthes Discussion Thread - Rebuild, Rough and... 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Peir Wu 17 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015