Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:54 pm in Classic Menswear
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Fok's Pick: Quilted VestsLast edited: 3/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread - Page 1200post #17987 of 236298/21/14 at 6:37ampost #17988 of 236298/21/14 at 7:27ampost #17989 of 236298/21/14 at 1:17pmpost #17990 of 236298/21/14 at 1:42pmpost #17991 of 236298/22/14 at 5:26pmpost #17992 of 236298/22/14 at 6:33pmpost #17993 of 236298/22/14 at 10:15pmUSA World Cup rosters announced:
2014 #USABMNT World Cup roster - Guards: @drose, @StephenCurry30, @KyrieIrving, @KlayThompson, @DeMar_DeRozan and @JHarden13
2014 #USABMNT World Cup roster - F/Cs: @KennethFaried35, @boogiecousins, @AntDavis23, @rudygay22, @AndreDrummondd & @masonplumlee
Only taking 12 to Spain, as opposed to taking more and jettisoning b4 the tourney starts. They cut: Gordon Hayward, Chandler Parsons (who is apparently looking fat?), Kyle Korver, Damian Lillard.
Pretty obvious that they're not satisfied w/ any of their bigs (besides Davis of course), so they're hoping one of them emerges.
Nate Duncan is a ridiculously prolific and good analyst and scout and he was bemoaning USA's selection process, saying that the back-up big should ideally be able to finish PnRs, set good screens, play post D, play PnR D, and protect the rim, but that none of Boogie, Plumlee, and Drummond can even do 3 of those things. He wanted Taj Gibson, DeAndre Jordan, maybe even Larry Sanders or Derrick Favors to get a call. Hard to argue w/ that, esp in the case of Plumlee, who I seriously doubt would have gotten this far if he didn't go to Duke. http://is.gd/K9feKCpost #17994 of 236298/23/14 at 6:45amIt is a weird mix of bigs for sure, but I think there's some versatility at Coach K's disposal here. Hustle guys like Faried and Plumlee let them play a fast run n' gun game that'll get them through pool play without banging bodies too much. Boogie Cousins gives them size to match up with the bigger, slower teams like Spain, at least on offense. I agree that DeAndre Jordan would have been a good fit, but not sure if his offensive game is polished enough. He led the league in FG% because he was basically finishing alley-oops from Chris Paul or getting put-back dunks for most of his points. Opportunities like that are much rarer in FIBA where there are no defensive 3 second violations. I don't like Taj Gibson's offense either and Larry Sanders is a headcase.
Either way, Team USA's backcourt rotation is by far the best of any team in the tournament, so that's where they'll try to get their edge.post #17995 of 236298/23/14 at 6:59amThe cuts made sense to me. Dame is the only painful one, but they can't bring 4 PG's to Spain. The others will be one dimensional shooters on this team, and you don't need them when you already have Klay et. al.
Not one shooting big man on the team. That's going to be a problem. Were Aldridge, Ryan Anderson and Bosh invited, but declined?post #17996 of 236298/23/14 at 7:32am
Bosh is probably done with international play. He played well in the 2008 Olympics, but didn't make the 2012 squad (not even sure if he made himself available for the games). Ryan Anderson played on the Select Team, but he's too injury-prone and needed the offseason to recoup. LaMarcus Aldridge pulled out earlier this summer to rest up. Ultimately, I think Rudy Gay fills the spread 4 role nicely for this team.
Here's Steph Curry's no-look BTB pass. Was sick to see it in person and the Garden got pretty loud.
Also, if his body can handle it, D-Rose needs to get more minutes. Team USA's offense looks really good with him as the floor general. He was making great decisions with the ball against Puerto Rico last night, especially a mid-air touch-pass to Klay Thompson for the baseline 3-pointer, and then a tough drive-and-kick to Rudy Gay on the weak side for another 3-pointer. Dude is just awesome.
4:50 and 5:20 in the following vid:
Edited by diadem - 8/23/14 at 2:15pmpost #17997 of 236298/23/14 at 7:58ampost #17998 of 236298/23/14 at 9:56amQuote:yea it's not a huge deal, I don't think, cuz back-up big hopefully won't matter that much. but plumlee is not even an average nba player...he jumps high, but slowly, he's not a good rebounder, he's young and doesn't know what to do on D, he's super inconsistent, he has no offensive game. there's definitely problems w/ the other players listed, but I think it's hard to argue they don't provide more than plumlee. jordan is loads better at rim-protecting, taj gibson's offense >>> plumlee's offense. sanders from 2 years ago would be a perfect fit for the team, but who knows what he plays like now.Originally Posted by diadem
It is a weird mix of bigs for sure, but I think there's some versatility at Coach K's disposal here. Hustle guys like Faried and Plumlee let them play a fast run n' gun game that'll get them through pool play without banging bodies too much. Boogie Cousins gives them size to match up with the bigger, slower teams like Spain, at least on offense. I agree that DeAndre Jordan would have been a good fit, but not sure if his offensive game is polished enough. He led the league in FG% because he was basically finishing alley-oops from Chris Paul or getting put-back dunks for most of his points. Opportunities like that are much rarer in FIBA where there are no defensive 3 second violations. I don't like Taj Gibson's offense either and Larry Sanders is a headcase.
Either way, Team USA's backcourt rotation is by far the best of any team in the tournament, so that's where they'll try to get their edge.
faried actually has his own problems (small, bad at D), but he provides ridiculous energy and his own helpful brand of offensive skills; he's been really good so far.post #17999 of 236298/31/14 at 1:42pmThread Starter
- NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 12 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 13 minutes ago
- › TOMMY HILFIGER PLAID BOW TIE SILK ADJUSTABLE SPRING SUMMER 32 minutes ago
- › VINTAGE RALPH LAUREN POLO SPORT SIDE BAG MESSENGER 32 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 42 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 54 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015