Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:46 am in Classic Menswear
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 10:23 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: How to mirror shine your shoes.Last edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread - Page 954post #14296 of 244494/12/14 at 4:05amRe: Lebron, I've said before that I don't feel compelled to go around the Internet defending him, but I am surprised about the depth of the hatred that his detractors have for him. Ok, so that "decision" was stupid, and I get the personality flaws, but he's no different from other top athletes that aren't afraid to display their personalities. Egotistic, cocky, arrogant, entitled - you can say the same thing about Kobe, AI, MJ, Bird, Reggie Miller and Barkley, just to name a few. Yet these guys, while not universally beloved, don't inspire the same hatredpost #14297 of 244494/12/14 at 4:59ampost #14298 of 244494/12/14 at 5:06amYou can't say Reggie is egotistic, cocky and arrogant? I guess you never saw your favorite player play...
No hate on Reggie, I specifically picked his name and the others to prove my point - those guys are all admired by a lot of people, including me. But they aren't despised as much for showing the same qualities (well I'm sure Reggie still is in New York)post #14299 of 244494/12/14 at 5:16ampost #14300 of 244494/12/14 at 8:22ampost #14301 of 244494/12/14 at 8:38ampost #14302 of 244494/12/14 at 10:17ampost #14303 of 244494/12/14 at 12:36pm
Every player does it, lebron is not above average in being a dirty player. He flops too much, but that's about it.
How he left Cleveland wasn't classy at all, but face it fans are big assholes and they will stab you in the back
once when you fall. He made a good choice for himself, he executed it badly but w/e
I only root vs his teams because since he came to the league he was so hyped and
favored and so heavily marketed by the NBA it made me puke. I felt like NBA was trying too hard to sell
him as next Jordan(which he is and lived up to, so grats for him). It made me happy whenever he lost,
because I like to root for the Davids(besides that phony uptight david stern) and i was like yeahhh in yo face NBA!post #14304 of 244494/12/14 at 1:05pmpost #14305 of 244494/12/14 at 1:23pmpost #14306 of 244494/12/14 at 1:27pmThread Starterpost #14307 of 244494/12/14 at 1:29pmpost #14308 of 244494/12/14 at 2:08pmpost #14309 of 244494/12/14 at 2:20pmMeh. I don't dislike lebron. I guess I might even admire him. He was immature with the decision but he's matured a lot more since the lost to the mavericks. Dude works really hard at his game and has improved upon his weaknesses so much it's become strengths. He never used to have a post game or a three and now he's very good at them. He's also a lot of fun to watch and I honestly don't see there being a large referee bias in favor of him despite all these conspiracy theories. For example refs almost never call fouls for him against hibbert so much that he had to develop a floater just for him.post #14310 of 244494/12/14 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by HRoi
Help me find a better word for people who seem to just be waiting around for the Heat to fail, just so they can gloat about it, and I'll use that word. Some of them don't even appear to have a team affiliation either.
Been a So FL resident for 15 years and a Heat fan almost all of those years. The Alonzo Mourning (schoolmate and class act) teams won me over, and I've stayed around for the ride ever since. Have a share of a pool of season tickets through my company since 2003, although this year I chose not to participate for the first time since then.
Alonzo was so underrated. or at least as much as a HOF player can be underrated. When you think about he went up against almost nightly, how he was undersized in all those matchups and yet still kicked ass, intimidating presence. In today's league he'd probably average about 30 pts a game. Such a nice guy too.
- NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...