Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 10/30/14 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E Last post on 7/27/15 at 9:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gaziano & Girling St James II Cedar/Kudu GMTO Last post on 6/5/15 at 5:03pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Fok's Pick: Quilted VestsLast edited: 3/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread - Page 954post #14296 of 235664/12/14 at 4:05amRe: Lebron, I've said before that I don't feel compelled to go around the Internet defending him, but I am surprised about the depth of the hatred that his detractors have for him. Ok, so that "decision" was stupid, and I get the personality flaws, but he's no different from other top athletes that aren't afraid to display their personalities. Egotistic, cocky, arrogant, entitled - you can say the same thing about Kobe, AI, MJ, Bird, Reggie Miller and Barkley, just to name a few. Yet these guys, while not universally beloved, don't inspire the same hatredpost #14297 of 235664/12/14 at 4:59ampost #14298 of 235664/12/14 at 5:06amYou can't say Reggie is egotistic, cocky and arrogant? I guess you never saw your favorite player play...
No hate on Reggie, I specifically picked his name and the others to prove my point - those guys are all admired by a lot of people, including me. But they aren't despised as much for showing the same qualities (well I'm sure Reggie still is in New York)post #14299 of 235664/12/14 at 5:16ampost #14300 of 235664/12/14 at 8:22ampost #14301 of 235664/12/14 at 8:38ampost #14302 of 235664/12/14 at 10:17ampost #14303 of 235664/12/14 at 12:36pm
Every player does it, lebron is not above average in being a dirty player. He flops too much, but that's about it.
How he left Cleveland wasn't classy at all, but face it fans are big assholes and they will stab you in the back
once when you fall. He made a good choice for himself, he executed it badly but w/e
I only root vs his teams because since he came to the league he was so hyped and
favored and so heavily marketed by the NBA it made me puke. I felt like NBA was trying too hard to sell
him as next Jordan(which he is and lived up to, so grats for him). It made me happy whenever he lost,
because I like to root for the Davids(besides that phony uptight david stern) and i was like yeahhh in yo face NBA!post #14304 of 235664/12/14 at 1:05pmpost #14305 of 235664/12/14 at 1:23pmpost #14306 of 235664/12/14 at 1:27pmThread Starterpost #14307 of 235664/12/14 at 1:29pmpost #14308 of 235664/12/14 at 2:08pmpost #14309 of 235664/12/14 at 2:20pmMeh. I don't dislike lebron. I guess I might even admire him. He was immature with the decision but he's matured a lot more since the lost to the mavericks. Dude works really hard at his game and has improved upon his weaknesses so much it's become strengths. He never used to have a post game or a three and now he's very good at them. He's also a lot of fun to watch and I honestly don't see there being a large referee bias in favor of him despite all these conspiracy theories. For example refs almost never call fouls for him against hibbert so much that he had to develop a floater just for him.post #14310 of 235664/12/14 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by HRoi
Help me find a better word for people who seem to just be waiting around for the Heat to fail, just so they can gloat about it, and I'll use that word. Some of them don't even appear to have a team affiliation either.
Been a So FL resident for 15 years and a Heat fan almost all of those years. The Alonzo Mourning (schoolmate and class act) teams won me over, and I've stayed around for the ride ever since. Have a share of a pool of season tickets through my company since 2003, although this year I chose not to participate for the first time since then.
Alonzo was so underrated. or at least as much as a HOF player can be underrated. When you think about he went up against almost nightly, how he was undersized in all those matchups and yet still kicked ass, intimidating presence. In today's league he'd probably average about 30 pts a game. Such a nice guy too.
- NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Mod to Suedehead 12 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 16 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 39 seconds ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Wolf vs Goat affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...