or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread - Page 652

post #9766 of 18367
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

I post about all kids of stuff, Lakers included. Just recently I mentioned Larry Sanders, Zach Randolph, commented on the Wizards, Golden State, more. Maybe this wont be the Lakers Thread all the time if you/others could stay the compulsion to defend the team every time someone comments about them. Some punches should land, you know considering they are sucking, so let them be true.

That's such BS. You take jabs and you expect Lakers fans to stand down? lol8[1].gif You obviously aren't in this thread for the past 3-4 years if you expect any different.

Get over it dude, you want people to not talk about the Lakers, stop bringing it up, simple as that.

And just look, you mention Zach and other players and what happens, the thread gets buried and ignored and when it finally becomes active again, it's a Lakers discussion. As I said, don't bring up the Lakers every time they lose if you don't want it discussed (cuz it'll likely happen a lot this season) or just don't reply to the responses like mine because as you can see, we are still talking about the Lakers/Lakers fans and it really will not end to tell you the truth.
post #9767 of 18367
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

That's such BS. You take jabs and you expect Lakers fans to stand down? lol8[1].gif You obviously aren't in this thread for the past 3-4 years if you expect any different.
Get over it dude, you want people to not talk about the Lakers, stop bringing it up, simple as that.
And just look, you mention Zach and other players and what happens, the thread gets buried and ignored and when it finally becomes active again, it's a Lakers discussion. As I said, don't bring up the Lakers every time they lose if you don't want it discussed (cuz it'll likely happen a lot this season) or just don't reply to the responses like mine because as you can see, we are still talking about the Lakers/Lakers fans and it really will not end to tell you the truth.

#1, I dont bring up the lakers every time they lose. #2, dont make it seem like you and Jet dont start 3/4 of Laker talk. #3, there are a number of people that take a poke when they lose.

My point is, regardless of the last 4 years. Let some of it go and let the thread be a bit more about the game. I'm a regular on the soccer/football thread, no 1 team dominates the discussion over there like the attention the Lakers get here.
post #9768 of 18367
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

BTW, this has become The Lakers Thread again. Lots of interesting stuff happening around the league. Lets talk about some other teams (other than the Knicks).

I don't know... I'm a huge celtics fan but there's nothing more interesting than a potentially drama filled semi successful lakers season that ultimately ends in heartbreak involving so many superstars and potential. Its better than watching a serial drama/soap opera - I'll just tune into the last 5min of a lakers game (like last night) and soak in the drama/tragedy of it all.

the really good teams: miami/OKC/Memphis are fucking boooring unless you cheer for them and/or they are playing another top flight contender. As to my celtics... its catch 22... I love them, but know that they are coasting through the regular season (as been the case for the last 3 years) so I'll watch, but know that they aren't even really trying. But come playoff time I'm a cetlic super fan - especially this year with a potential NYK clash. Gawd thats going to be fucking epic - a potential NYK/Celtics playoff clash this year. drool.gif
post #9769 of 18367
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

#1, I dont bring up the lakers every time they lose. #2, dont make it seem like you and Jet dont start 3/4 of Laker talk. #3, there are a number of people that take a poke when they lose.

Bro, look at all my Lakers related replies, I rarely start the topic and Jet only does his slogan for the most part, "Lakers baby, Lakers." I don't even reply to all the Lakers topics, I haven't even posted here in maybe a week (if not longer). Again, read through the thread for this season, I maybe have started a Lakers convo once or twice. In the pre-season when all the trades were happening, yeah I may have reported and posted more but once this season started, I did not start much Lakers talk, just replied.


And yes, there are countless of people who attacks the Lakers when they lose, my point exactly. It isn't directed just at you but everyone complaining about this becoming a Laker thread, again you probably weren't in this thread the past 3-4 years because this being a Lakers thread isn't the first time it has been brought up but for the most part, the discussion about the team is instigated and I'm saying you don't want the fans to reply/defend, then do not attack/take jabs every single chance you get because then the thread becomes a Laker thread.

Just look at how active the thread is w/o Lakers talk, it doesn't even show up on my subscribed list and I am subscribed to maybe 20 threads the most.
post #9770 of 18367
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

the really good teams: miami/OKC/Memphis are fucking boooring unless you cheer for them and/or they are playing another top flight contender. As to my celtics... its catch 22... I love them, but know that they are coasting through the regular season (as been the case for the last 3 years) so I'll watch, but know that they aren't even really trying. But come playoff time I'm a cetlic super fan - especially this year with a potential NYK clash. Gawd thats going to be fucking epic - a potential NYK/Celtics playoff clash this year. drool.gif

You really think they are coasting? They look a bit disjointed to me. Really thought J Terry would be a great fit but he hasn't worked out, yet. J Green? B Bass? They are pretty much 11 and 12 if they are on the OKC roster.
post #9771 of 18367
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

And yes, there are countless of people who attacks the Lakers when they lose, my point exactly. It isn't directed just at you but everyone complaining about this becoming a Laker thread, again you probably weren't in this thread the past 3-4 years because this being a Lakers thread isn't the first time it has been brought up but for the most part, the discussion about the team is instigated and I'm saying you don't want the fans to reply/defend, then do not attack/take jabs every single chance you get because then the thread becomes a Laker thread.
Just look at how active the thread is w/o Lakers talk, it doesn't even show up on my subscribed list and I am subscribed to maybe 20 threads the most.

I get satisfaction at the idea that the team that always seems to get the best trades in the league cant do .500. Lakers always have an unfair advantage and to someone that doesn't support any team like me, I hate it. There are no teams that I support but definitely a few I want to spill the hate on.
post #9772 of 18367
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

J Green? B Bass? They are pretty much 11 and 12 if they are on the OKC roster.

11 & 12? Green is practically a starter/6th man in OKC averaging 30+ min a game. He just got hurt so he didn't have the chance to crack the roster but he is getting in shape and becoming a decent role player for them, he knocked down good 3s for them in crucial times lately. He is also averaging about ~18-20pts in the past 5 games while playing less than 25min a game. He'll be a key player off the bench for them.
post #9773 of 18367
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

I get satisfaction at the idea that the team that always seems to get the best trades in the league cant do .500. Lakers always have an unfair advantage and to someone that doesn't support any team like me, I hate it. There are no teams that I support but definitely a few I want to spill the hate on.

And that translate to more Lakers discussion, again it is as simple as that and maybe that is the reason you can't understand why Lakers fans like myself, Jet and Foodguy would continually defend (though we do try to be unbiased if possible) and talk about out team.

And you really can't blame the Lakers for continually making a good roster, it's how they win. If you look at it, a lot of teams does it to be successful, Boston with Bird with Parish & McHale, KG, Ray & Pierce and of course the Lakers force of Magic, Kareem & Worthy. For the most part, Shaq & Kobe or Kobe & Pau, no different than MJ and PIppen.

All have to do with coaching too, as you can see with Brooks and OKCs and how he played chess with the Heat and lost while Carlisle won. Kobe & Shaq really wouldn't win w/o Jackson. But at the end, why hate on the team that continually creates good teams when others can do the same but doesn't? I mean did the hornets have to trade Kobe to get Divac? Did Mempis have to trade Pau to get Kawme (though in the end they got Marc which turned out to be a very good center anyways)?
post #9774 of 18367
mothereffin knicks!
post #9775 of 18367
When the Knicks and Lakers play each other this week, this threak will self implode.
post #9776 of 18367
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

When the Knicks and Lakers play each other this week, this threak will self implode.
When the Knicks and Lakers play each other this week, this threak will self implode.
[self-referential joke here]
post #9777 of 18367
good story on Pau Gasol. (yeah, i know, edmorel can post a knick link if he wants too).,
post #9778 of 18367
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

And that translate to more Lakers discussion, again it is as simple as that and maybe that is the reason you can't understand why Lakers fans like myself, Jet and Foodguy would continually defend (though we do try to be unbiased if possible) and talk about out team.
And you really can't blame the Lakers for continually making a good roster, it's how they win. If you look at it, a lot of teams does it to be successful, Boston with Bird with Parish & McHale, KG, Ray & Pierce and of course the Lakers force of Magic, Kareem & Worthy. For the most part, Shaq & Kobe or Kobe & Pau, no different than MJ and PIppen.
All have to do with coaching too, as you can see with Brooks and OKCs and how he played chess with the Heat and lost while Carlisle won. Kobe & Shaq really wouldn't win w/o Jackson. But at the end, why hate on the team that continually creates good teams when others can do the same but doesn't? I mean did the hornets have to trade Kobe to get Divac? Did Mempis have to trade Pau to get Kawme (though in the end they got Marc which turned out to be a very good center anyways)?

The Admiral, Bruce Bowen, Timmy, Tony, and Manu.
post #9779 of 18367
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

good story on Pau Gasol. (yeah, i know, edmorel can post a knick link if he wants too).,
Quote:
D'Antoni's offense is based on hustle and flow, not X's and O's. It's rhythmic, musical even. You play it like a great guitarist riffs, letting instinct take over, silencing your mind and the internal voices that compel you to stay within a structure."You just make it up," D'Antoni said. "Because they can make it up better than we [coaches] can make it up. We want to rely on their skills and Pau's the best for it. That's why I'm a little perplexed when people say he doesn't fit. He fits."

I couldn't have been the only guy doing the "jerking-off" symbol with my hand when reading this part.
Edited by edmorel - 12/10/12 at 5:19pm
post #9780 of 18367
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post

The Admiral, Bruce Bowen, Timmy, Tony, and Manu.

Not really the same in the sense that the Spurs are just great with drafting players, I mean Parker is 28th pick and Manu is 57th. Robinson & Duncan are #1 picks but 10 years apart. Kareem was traded in to join Magic and Worthy. We all know about Kobe & Shaq story, along with the Ray, KG & Pierce, Lebron, Wade & Bosh (plus Allen), etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread