or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread - Page 649

post #9721 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

Shawn (manchild) Kemp was awesome and the proto-type beast, though his rapid decline, once it started, made me a little sad. Griffin, though would not make the old-school defensive players back down the way a flying refrigerator like Kemp did.

yeah, Kemp should have been one of the all time great scorers and he was one of the first guys to come right out of high school. He was a beast, reminded me of Darryl Dawkins but with a lot more athleticism. And he wasn't going to back down from anyone. BTW, where is Gary Payton? Tremendous defender. Griffin, he'd go flying over Mahorn and get a strong elbow to his gut to get the air out fo him. Then Laimbeer would come over and "accidently" step on him while he was on the floor.
post #9722 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Ha ha, now that we're here... Wade dunks him and walks over him.

wade's game isn't predicated on huge dunks over people though. again wade is a prototypical old school player who would've faired well in any era. if anything wade takes his old school rough and tumble game and adds to it the euro-soccer floppy game to take advantage of this era's officiating/rules. he's simultaneously one of the toughest players as well as the most floppy/petty players in the league today.
post #9723 of 18042
The Glove
post #9724 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Kareem is just a guy that goes about his business. I don't believe he really cares about that kind of notoriety.

Plus he was in Obama's video- Yes We Can.
post #9725 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

wade's game isn't predicated on huge dunks over people though. again wade is a prototypical old school player who would've faired well in any era. if anything wade takes his old school rough and tumble game and adds to it the euro-soccer floppy game to take advantage of this era's officiating/rules. he's simultaneously one of the toughest players as well as the most floppy/petty players in the league today.
Agreed. Wade is a true all-arounder, though his style of play is the kind that makes you fear he won't age well in the game. And you would be right. He is better off playing today than 20 years ago, though.
post #9726 of 18042
i think greatest all-time discussions usually leave out big men because they're perceived as having an unnatural advantage. i mean, if you want to talk about the greatest of all time, it would be hard to leave out wilt. 100 points in a game? 50ppg/25rpg average over a season?
i think t hey're regarded as kind of freaks and when people talk about the greatest of all time, they usually focus on players who have done the most with a more natural-seeming size. and, really, when people talk about best ever, who else is there except mj and kobe? with maybe bird and magic tossed in.
post #9727 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Hand View Post

In light of Kobe's milestone I'll open up a can of worms-
Look up the stats and convince me why Kareem isn't the greatest Laker (and possibly the greater PLAYER) of all time.
The fact that he's being added as a footnote to this conversation is blowing my mind.

I think part of it does have to do with Kobe and Magic spending their entire career with the Lakers. I won't say never again, but guys staying with their team for their entire 10+ year career won't happen again for a long long time.
post #9728 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post

I think part of it does have to do with Kobe and Magic spending their entire career with the Lakers. I won't say never again, but guys staying with their team for their entire 10+ year career won't happen again for a long long time.

Not true. Sign and trade could easily trigger that again. That's what Kobe was.
post #9729 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

and, really, when people talk about best ever, who else is there except mj and kobe? with maybe bird and magic tossed in.
Really? Bird maybe in the top 10 but no way in the top 5 discussion. If we're talking about scorers, yes, but certainly not all-around players. Kobe probably wouldn't even make my top 5 (again, unless we're talking about pure scorers)
post #9730 of 18042
Hate the Heat tropical uniforms. The white out makes them look softer than they already are.
post #9731 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

pelicans? lol

I thought the Pelicans were a facepalm.gif choice too...

but this deadspin article has swayed me into thinking its a fukkkeeen awwweeesome name!


Fuck You, Pelicans Are Awesome: A Defense Of The NBA’s Best New Team Name

^warning there are youtube videos of pelicans eating baby ducks, adult ducks, baby geese, and adult pigeons whole.
post #9732 of 18042
So the Heat were supposed to comeout tonight and avenge their prior whopping by the Knicks and show that the Wizards game was a fluke......
post #9733 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

So the Heat were supposed to comeout tonight and avenge their prior whopping by the Knicks and show that the Wizards game was a fluke......

total ewing theory example. and possible double ewing theory multiplier where the dual prime examples of ewing theory protagonists (carmelo and amare) provide a double dose of separate positive forces that combine/summate into a improbable win.
post #9734 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

So the Heat were supposed to comeout tonight and avenge their prior whopping by the Knicks and show that the Wizards game was a fluke......

-1

Wade is shitting up my fantasy team. Trying to make a run at SirGrotius and save the week, but no, Wade has to shoot 23% and score a massive 13 points.
post #9735 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

So the Heat were supposed to comeout tonight and avenge their prior whopping by the Knicks and show that the Wizards game was a fluke......

perhaps.... but if they keep playing like this I'll be a happy camper! lol8[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread