or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread - Page 411

post #6151 of 19363
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post

^fuck that, how is he not first?


B/c he is white?
post #6152 of 19363
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

B/c he is white?

Bingo.

Fuckin D'Antoni putting that bearded asshole Davis in consistently is KILLING the game flow and Lin's performance.
post #6153 of 19363
For all those who think Dwight Howard is a superstar, this single sentence should dispel that:
Quote:
MVP: Bismack Biyombo nearly played Dwight Howard to a standstill, recording 10 points, 15 rebounds and seven blocks. Not the flashiest game, but enough to negate the Magic's biggest advantage and give Charlotte a shot.
post #6154 of 19363
i'll admit i didnt watch the game today, but what i've seen so far is that he's a good backup point guard with good chemistry with the second unit

also biyombo is honestly one of the most underrated centers out there and he's picking up steam. in february he had like 3 blocks a game which is friggin amazing.

what makes dwight a candidate for mvp is that he makes up a huge portion of the magic's wins.


but honestly if i had a vote my vote would go to lebron without even thinking. dude is having the most successful season of his career even among two other all stars. let's just hope he can carry the heats all the way through
post #6155 of 19363
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

plus motherfucking one
kevin love > lamarcus > ryan anderson > paul millsap> pau gasol > dirk

dirk took a while but looks to be back to his statistical norms in his (PER 36min). And even in losses the mavs look like a contender - they seem to have a knack to bring the game reaaaally close in the last 2min. I have know idea how - but they seem to apply some sort of baseball-like UZR pattern late in the game (special zone defense tailored per team/situation).

its like the team doesn't really care if they lose to finals contenders, but if they made the game competitive so they can practice crunch time playoff-situations.

I think thats another reason lamar odom is having a tough time working himself into the game... its like a football player being traded mid season and he's having a hard time memorizing new complicated defensive schemes/playbook - if he's not going to play defense according to the advanced analytics methods rick carlisle demands then he'll be benched.
post #6156 of 19363
well i would put him that far back because it took him awhile. everybody else has been playing hard the whole time.

so you think the mavs are deliberately losing so they can play crunch timei game in the last two minutes?
post #6157 of 19363
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

well i would put him that far back because it took him awhile. everybody else has been playing hard the whole time.
so you think the mavs are deliberately losing so they can play crunch timei game in the last two minutes?

whaaat? I was saying they don't care about losing close games. they are still title contenders there's no reason to tank.

the celtics on the other hand... they are not title contenders and are right at the bottom of the east playoff seeding... it would almost be smarter for them to tank and barely miss the playoffs and pray for a high lottery pick.
post #6158 of 19363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post


Fuckin D'Antoni putting that bearded asshole Davis in consistently is KILLING the game flow and Lin's performance.

I hope you are kidding. I am on the LinSanity bus as much as anyone, but even if he was playing magnificently now, which he is not, if they play him 30+ minutes a game, he'll be mush by the time the playoffs come around. I love the kid and the story, but he has a lot of work to do. Defensively, he is as effective as Connemara would be in you threw him in the NBA today. He gets lost on screen and rolls, leaves his man wide open (who is usually a good shooter) to go double the opposing team's 7 ft. center and regularly get beat off the dribble. Offensively, he has a tendecy to get out of control, either lose the ball or jump in the air with no shot/pass to make, picks up his dribble to early, goes side to side around the 3 point line as opposed to in and out.

I think he is going to be a very good PG in the NBA and he has some skills that many do not (his ability to stop in the paint, spin and take those little floaters over 7ft dudes, floor vision) and he seems like a tough kid but I think D'Antoni is the best and the worse thing that could happen to him. D'Antoni gives him a lot of leeway and that has helped him blossom, but that has also led to a ridiculous amount of turnovers (A knee level bounce pass to Chandler on a break?? A man with only one hand at this point), a loss of confidence at certain points in the game and D'Antoni has no concept of team defense or any defense (how they hold teams below 100 regularly I think is more a testament to Chandler and the second team). You can see Lin loses confidence when his man is having a good game and he starts to make bad decisions but D'Antoni just lets the game play out, no timeouts, no changes. Teams go on 10-0 runs with the knicks going 3-4 times down the court without even getting a shot off and no timeout.

Yesterday's game, Davis deserved to finish it off as did Harrelson and Novack. Dallas won that game because everytime the Knicks made a 4-6 point dent into the lead, Carlisle called a timeout, gathered his team, and made sure they at least got a good shot the next possesion. Compare that with what D'Antoni did throughout the game.
post #6159 of 19363
Agreed completely. I meant more from a continuity and chemistry aspect. Between his marked increase in minutes, and Carmello the chemistry killer, the winning streak flow is all but dead in the water. Plus, Davis plays a completely different style, one that actually works in the Mav's favor.
post #6160 of 19363
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

whaaat? I was saying they don't care about losing close games. they are still title contenders there's no reason to tank.
the celtics on the other hand... they are not title contenders and are right at the bottom of the east playoff seeding... it would almost be smarter for them to tank and barely miss the playoffs and pray for a high lottery pick.

ok i see what you're saying


and i agree with edmorel. lin has a lot of glaring weaknessses
post #6161 of 19363
lin is looking like kevin maas
post #6162 of 19363
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

I hope you are kidding. I am on the LinSanity bus as much as anyone, but even if he was playing magnificently now, which he is not, if they play him 30+ minutes a game, he'll be mush by the time the playoffs come around. I love the kid and the story, but he has a lot of work to do. Defensively, he is as effective as Connemara would be in you threw him in the NBA today. He gets lost on screen and rolls, leaves his man wide open (who is usually a good shooter) to go double the opposing team's 7 ft. center and regularly get beat off the dribble. Offensively, he has a tendecy to get out of control, either lose the ball or jump in the air with no shot/pass to make, picks up his dribble to early, goes side to side around the 3 point line as opposed to in and out.
I think he is going to be a very good PG in the NBA and he has some skills that many do not (his ability to stop in the paint, spin and take those little floaters over 7ft dudes, floor vision) and he seems like a tough kid but I think D'Antoni is the best and the worse thing that could happen to him. D'Antoni gives him a lot of leeway and that has helped him blossom, but that has also led to a ridiculous amount of turnovers (A knee level bounce pass to Chandler on a break?? A man with only one hand at this point), a loss of confidence at certain points in the game and D'Antoni has no concept of team defense or any defense (how they hold teams below 100 regularly I think is more a testament to Chandler and the second team). You can see Lin loses confidence when his man is having a good game and he starts to make bad decisions but D'Antoni just lets the game play out, no timeouts, no changes. Teams go on 10-0 runs with the knicks going 3-4 times down the court without even getting a shot off and no timeout.
Yesterday's game, Davis deserved to finish it off as did Harrelson and Novack. Dallas won that game because everytime the Knicks made a 4-6 point dent into the lead, Carlisle called a timeout, gathered his team, and made sure they at least got a good shot the next possesion. Compare that with what D'Antoni did throughout the game.

lin can't stay in front of anyone on defense. fuck, even j kidd blew past him last night.
post #6163 of 19363
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

i'll admit i didnt watch the game today, but what i've seen so far is that he's a good backup point guard with good chemistry with the second unit
also biyombo is honestly one of the most underrated centers out there and he's picking up steam. in february he had like 3 blocks a game which is friggin amazing.
what makes dwight a candidate for mvp is that he makes up a huge portion of the magic's wins.
but honestly if i had a vote my vote would go to lebron without even thinking. dude is having the most successful season of his career even among two other all stars. let's just hope he can carry the heats all the way through

dwight is garbage, and dirk is still #2 behind lobe until he isn't.
post #6164 of 19363
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post

dwight is garbage, and dirk is still #2 behind lobe until he isn't.

dirk isnt. just look at his numbers
post #6165 of 19363
is rounding back into form imo
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread