or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread - Page 1099

post #16471 of 19271
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

^ Bosh and LeBron are still in their primes are you sure they gonna leave Miami? Can't see Wade leaving to play somewhere else.

Nobody leaves until Lebron leaves, IMO. After this series, I wouldn't be surprised if they talk and agree to take a pay cut to bring someone in (heh... Lance Stephenson).
post #16472 of 19271
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

man, looks like I missed out on a lot. I couldn't see the game because i was traveling through South America. hey, good to see jet back in here! I haven't seen you since the Lakers went down. well, someone was on here claiming to be you saying that he was now a Clipper fan. and Nickels looks giddy...I'm happy for you man. earlier, about half your posts on SF were about your hatred for Lebron, so despite my disappointment as a Heat fan I'm glad for you.

anyway, as I said before, no shame losing to the Spurs. they are clearly the better team and the best team in the league this year, no question. I wish you could give finals MVP to a coach. did the people at AAA really boo the team all game? I guess I'd be upset if I paid good money to see my team play in the finals and they didn't want to be there....but for one, I'm appreciative of this team that gave its fans four straight Finals appearances and two titles. win or lose, it's way more fun to cheer for a relevant team. wish they would have showed these guys more appreciation especially as they head into free agency

I been in this thread for 4 years I guess you missed that? Somehow despite your travels I think you would have been posting if heat were up 3-1. Also why so salty it's just fun and games man. Did you lose faith in your team already because it sounds that way I mean there are still a bunch of games left. My favorite part of your post though was the genuine surprise at the true nature of heat fans that was pure gold my bruva lol8[1].gif
post #16473 of 19271
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

did the people at AAA really boo the team all game? I guess I'd be upset if I paid good money to see my team play in the finals and they didn't want to be there....but for one, I'm appreciative of this team that gave its fans four straight Finals appearances and two titles. win or lose, it's way more fun to cheer for a relevant team. wish they would have showed these guys more appreciation especially as they head into free agency
yea they booed in game 4, maybe late 2nd q or 3rd, when they were down by 20. then they started leaving in droves. ppl who stayed til the end did chant "lets go heat" though.

it's a pretty sad showing considering they were actually a very very good crowd the last 2 series. like, media ppl noticed the change.

in game 3 they even cheered reallllly hard when the heat cut the lead to like 18 or whatever in the 3rd quarter.
post #16474 of 19271
Hard to believe anyone could be surprised by the general behavior of Heat "fans". lol8[1].gif
post #16475 of 19271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothersport View Post

yea they booed in game 4, maybe late 2nd q or 3rd, when they were down by 20. then they started leaving in droves. ppl who stayed til the end did chant "lets go heat" though.

it's a pretty sad showing considering they were actually a very very good crowd the last 2 series. like, media ppl noticed the change.

in game 3 they even cheered reallllly hard when the heat cut the lead to like 18 or whatever in the 3rd quarter.

In game 3 the Heat cut the lead to 7 in the 3rd quarter - Spurs 81, Heat 74.

In game 4 the Heat fans did not boo the Heat. The fans booed the Spurs, who - in the fans' opinion - were a little too exuberant in celebrating their large lead.
post #16476 of 19271
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxgreen View Post

In game 3 the Heat cut the lead to 7 in the 3rd quarter - Spurs 81, Heat 74.

In game 4 the Heat fans did not boo the Heat. The fans booed the Spurs, who - in the fans' opinion - were a little too exuberant in celebrating their large lead.

Everyone commentating on the game, my perception, and the media at large seems to believe they were booing the Heat performance. Regardless, its poor form to boo an opposing team for being excited about being on the cusp of a championship. So SA should hold it in so that they don't upset those super dedicated Heat fans? I get it: win against Miami, but do so somberly.

Example:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2095756-miami-heat-fans-boo-team-during-game-4-of-2014-nba-finals-and-then-leave-early
post #16477 of 19271
vvGLcZt.jpg
post #16478 of 19271
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxgreen View Post

In game 3 the Heat cut the lead to 7 in the 3rd quarter - Spurs 81, Heat 74.

In game 4 the Heat fans did not boo the Heat. The fans booed the Spurs, who - in the fans' opinion - were a little too exuberant in celebrating their large lead.


I took it upon myself to do a little refresher course in when being too exuberant in celebrating large leads... goes wrong....






then of course... later ...






also notable:

- there was also this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoOXKha7uL4
post #16479 of 19271
Bosh said they will win so they will.
post #16480 of 19271
This article on Diaw is incredible.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/11084748/boris-diaw-dishes-san-antonio-spurs
Quote:
"Boris walks into the gym one day wearing flip-flops and holding his customary cappuccino, which was a staple for him every morning," Griffin recalled. "It was during pre-draft workouts, so he sees the Vertec [machine] and asks what it is.

"We tell him it measures your vertical leap by determining how many of the bars you can touch. He asks what's the highest anyone has ever gone, and we tell him Amare' [Stoudemire] cleared the entire rack.

"Boris puts down the cappuccino, takes off his flip-flops and clears the entire rack on the first try. Then he calmly puts his flip-flops back on, picks up his cappuccino and walks away, saying, 'That was not difficult.'"
post #16481 of 19271
Amare can jump?
post #16482 of 19271
That was back in Phoenix, so yea
post #16483 of 19271
Who ready for that 7th game
post #16484 of 19271
Who is the guy wiith long hair that looks like Tom Petty and often sits courtside.

He's a sitting near courtside tonight at SA, and I've seen him at courtside for Miami and LA games.

I'm on a cell phone and can't search photos. Pics get you extra points.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
post #16485 of 19271
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post

Who is the guy wiith long hair that looks like Tom Petty and often sits courtside.

He's a sitting near courtside tonight at SA, and I've seen him at courtside for Miami and LA games.

I'm on a cell phone and can't search photos. Pics get you extra points.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Is he wearing really odd clothes? He's a super fan, some rich guy from LA. Wears a lot of hideous Italian stuff
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread