or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread - Page 760

post #11386 of 18082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post

I think the biggest reason ppl don't like LeBron is the "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" show. An HOUR.

I was wondering when this would be brought up. I remember when that aired, a number of SF members were reacting in real-time to the cheesy and over-the-top highlight reels and footage. Kunk had a lot of funny jabs IIRC. Might have to dig that thread up.
post #11387 of 18082
I remember running around in circles in my living room during that show
post #11388 of 18082
I remember laughing my ass off watching live news feeds of Clevelanders in tears during that show.
post #11389 of 18082
They were burning his jersey in the streets even before the show ended. Clearly some Clevelanders came prepared
post #11390 of 18082
post #11391 of 18082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post

I think the biggest reason ppl don't like LeBron is the "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" show. An HOUR.
Btw, don't forget their welcome party speeches. I actually think that's what spawned most of the hate for the Heat team as well as Lebron.

I named my fantasy basketball team "Not 1, Not 2, Not 3" just to piss my friends off lol8[1].gif
post #11392 of 18082
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

They were burning his jersey in the streets even before the show ended. Clearly some Clevelanders came prepared

ya that was cool as well!
post #11393 of 18082
Lawrence, not sure if you have ever mentioned it but how did you feel when Ray Allen went over to Miami?
post #11394 of 18082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Lawrence, not sure if you have ever mentioned it but how did you feel when Ray Allen went over to Miami?

good for him. there must have been some real animosity there because he took half as much money to team up with the Lebrons. it was a savvy move, because odds are he's adding a 2nd title to his resume as the best shooter ever.

the weird part about allen is how scary athletic he used to be (he used to just throw down dunks), but also how athletic he is even in this latter part of his career - sometimes just leap up and get a clean block on a big man going for a dunk, or allen will throw one down once in a while too.
post #11395 of 18082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

For the past few weeks, I've been reading/hearing a lot about how people love LeBron nowadays and really want to see him succeed (even his past haters apparently). Aside from Heat fans, is there anyone on here who is genuinely rooting for him or are ESPN, Yahoo!, SI, etc. just exaggerating how much people worship him now? confused.gif
I am a fan. He is a great talent that has developed it into a great game and he seems like a good teammate. He makes for great basketball. What's not to like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post

I think the biggest reason ppl don't like LeBron is the "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" show. An HOUR.
OK, this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Btw, don't forget their welcome party speeches. I actually think that's what spawned most of the hate for the Heat team as well as Lebron.

I named my fantasy basketball team "Not 1, Not 2, Not 3" just to piss my friends off lol8[1].gif
and this.
So I think he acted like a fool and a jerk, but he was basically a kid, having lived most of his life in a bubble. That doesn't make the actions lest idiotic, but it also means I don't think he is a bad guy because of it and it certainly doesn't diminish his talent/game.
post #11396 of 18082
Man. What's it take to get some love. Dubs played out of their mind and Curry is the best shooter in the NBA, bar none.
post #11397 of 18082
love RFX, but honestly, don't get all the vdn hate. i think 9 out of 10 nba coaches in his situation would do the same thing. chris paul is one of the great closers in the game. he's in total control all the time. give him the ball, set some screens and let him create. now MDA ... that's a coach you can hate on.
post #11398 of 18082
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

love RFX, but honestly, don't get all the vdn hate. i think 9 out of 10 nba coaches in his situation would do the same thing. chris paul is one of the great closers in the game.

The advanced stat nuts tend to hate on set plays out of time outs anyway. Better numbers for just letting your guys play. If VDN is calling TO and then just letting Paul figure it out, that's bad coaching, but just letting them go after a make is supported by the numbers.
post #11399 of 18082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

The advanced stat nuts tend to hate on set plays out of time outs anyway. Better numbers for just letting your guys play. If VDN is calling TO and then just letting Paul figure it out, that's bad coaching, but just letting them go after a make is supported by the numbers.
That's really interesting. Any links?
post #11400 of 18082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

The advanced stat nuts tend to hate on set plays out of time outs anyway. Better numbers for just letting your guys play. If VDN is calling TO and then just letting Paul figure it out, that's bad coaching, but just letting them go after a make is supported by the numbers.
I'm a bit curious about how the data would be generated for an analysis like that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread