or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread - Page 756

post #11326 of 17752
Marc Gasol is pretty damn sick too...makes that Pau for Kwame trade seem much better in hindsight
post #11327 of 17752
Thread Starter 
Kobe was getting old though and they couldn't really wait for Marc so I think it was a good trade for both. Marc is definitely better than Pau right now though, Pau is still more versatile but dude just looks so much softer than his brother.
post #11328 of 17752
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

look at this cockroach

Some real basketball knowledge there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Shut up, I haven't even been in this thread for like a month. It's the stupid shit you post that makes no sense. Again if you simply respond properly, as in the reply actually makes sense with what I posted, there won't be a problem and likely get no negative response from me.

Again read what I wrote. No shit Nash isn't part of the big 3, there are 4 of them. This argument is moot anyways because this is what you posted in regards to the last Lakers vs Spurs game:
And you were wrong. 2 of the big 3 from the Spurs were not out, Duncan & Parker played. You said it was like the Lakers trying to beat the Spurs w/o Kobe and Pau/Nash or Dwight... yah Nash and Kobe were out.

Stop acting like a damn victim.


And why do you only have a problem with Laker fans? Maybe because you cannot wait to shit on them when you can? You hate Kobe like he raped you himself? It is well documented and everyone knows you just hate the Lakers and Laker fans? Maybe that is why.

I have no shit with the Spurs, I've complimented so many times I can't even count them, the problem really is with you and what you pretend to know. You probably didn't even see the Lakers & Spurs game yet talk about it like you were there sitting next to Popouvich. Talk shit when the Spurs wins something, you still mad the Lakers had won more shit lately. Remember when you said it is harder to win championships every other year and that winning 2 in a row and 3 in a row is easier? It was you defense why the Spurs couldn't win back to back? Yah I remember, it is exactly why it is hard to take your bball knowledge seriously. Again, i've given the Spurs their credit, I give it to their old ass all the time, rank Pop up there with the best of the best coaches and when they win a chip, they'll get my praises too but until then, you really need to just be quiet. I'll give them props when/if they beat the Lakers, hell the series is 12-1 odds in the Spurs favor so your mouth doesn't have to wait long until you can talk all the shit you want but if they can't win it all, don't expect others who you shitted on to keep their mouth shut. Not because we hate the Spurs but because of how you act. Shit I can admit that might be why the Lakers gets hate, from us Lakers fans but hey, this isn't Burger King, you can't always have it the way you want.

I can only afford basic cable. And my life doesn't revolve around basketball so much that I feel I need to watch every game to be knowledgeable.

I haven't posted in this thread in a month either. But I check it- because I am a basketball fan. And I don't give a rat's ass whether you or Jet think I know something about basketball.

Dude- half the shit you attributed to me above is completely made up. If you need to work yourself into a foaming rage knock yourself out.

AND I've given props to Jackson (best coach ever-Pop is the best currently in the NBA), D12, and Nash (who are 2 of my favorite players in the NBA). Even grudgingly changed my mind about Pau.

Don't like Kobe. Don't like Artest. I feel sorry for Kobe though- I truly hope his career isn't over.

The only other team I dislike more is the Celtics. Aren't any loud mouthed, chest thumping Celtics fans in here...

Only Lakers fans.

Your "suicide watch" comment is what started it.
post #11329 of 17752
Thread Starter 
It was a joke dawg. And there is history here, you didn't see this shit coming when the Lakers & Spurs ended up seeing each other int he playoffs?

And no, everything I said about you is real. What in the things I typed were wrong? We do this shit every season dude, I know you more than most here and I know you said those things. I'm sure I am not the only one who remember you defending the Spurs with that excuse for not winning chips back to back. I don't make this things up, I say what I read and see. Same goes with the games and players, I say it how I see it. If I didn't see the game, I'll say that I didn't or just simply keep my mouth shut. Again if you don't know much about it, don't pretend like you do. Simple as that. We're all bball fans here but it just makes you look bad when you type things that just makes no sense.

Nobody is foaming in the mouth here, if you are surprised at my paragraph long rebuttals and they you are being forgetful in your old age, I've been doing this for years and I don't need to be mad just to type that much and argue and cuss a bit. it's the playoffs dawg, get with the excitement, take a viagra or two if needed. No one mad here, I'm chillin with a cold drink celebrating the Clippers victory.
post #11330 of 17752
The Spurs so bland, even tho they are good I still find it hard understand how folks get excited by or for them.
Anyway, go Heat!
post #11331 of 17752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post


The only other team I dislike more is the Celtics. Aren't any loud mouthed, chest thumping Celtics fans in here...

Only Lakers fans.


dude... frown.gif


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm the guy who said that robert parish is a top 5 all time center! lol8[1].gif its hard explain jeff green. now has legitimate all NBA 1st team talent on offense and defense but also leaves you with zero confidence.
post #11332 of 17752
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Marc Gasol is pretty damn sick too...makes that Pau for Kwame trade seem much better in hindsight

While this is true, that trade was widely panned for years. In hindsight, the Grizzles got really really lucky that Marc developed the way that he did. The trade was originally done as a salary dump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Kobe was getting old though and they couldn't really wait for Marc so I think it was a good trade for both. Marc is definitely better than Pau right now though, Pau is still more versatile but dude just looks so much softer than his brother.

This is like saying a Ferrari is faster than a Ford Focus.
post #11333 of 17752
Jeff Green was the man with the Hoyas, though. Smooth, confident, could do it all, and totally confidence inspiring. Led them to the Final Four but ultimately couldn't beat Oden and Conley and the Buckeyes.

Something strange happened to him in the NBA and maybe he's just started to figure it out after 5 years
post #11334 of 17752
Anyone see the Knick game? I saw the result but haven't read anything yet.
post #11335 of 17752
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

Anyone see the Knick game? I saw the result but haven't read anything yet.

it was an awesome game... like a gladiator match... sadly the celtics (the younger newer guys) lost their poise down the stretch....this is probably going 7 games in a bloodbath. MSG was rocking, just carrying the knicks in the 4th.
post #11336 of 17752
I am clueless as to why the NBA would put its marquee matchup in two of its biggest markets, on at 3 pm. They know that the only sport America watches in the afternoon is football
post #11337 of 17752
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

I am clueless as to why the NBA would put its marquee matchup in two of its biggest markets, on at 3 pm. They know that the only sport America watches in the afternoon is football

No one would watch it if it was the last game of the night? It started around 7pm here and that is about 10pm in the east, ending at around 1am. Both Eastern conference games started early yesterday I think. Maybe MSG was also booked for something last night too?
post #11338 of 17752
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

It was a joke dawg. And there is history here, you didn't see this shit coming when the Lakers & Spurs ended up seeing each other int he playoffs?

And no, everything I said about you is real. What in the things I typed were wrong? We do this shit every season dude, I know you more than most here and I know you said those things. I'm sure I am not the only one who remember you defending the Spurs with that excuse for not winning chips back to back. I don't make this things up, I say what I read and see. Same goes with the games and players, I say it how I see it. If I didn't see the game, I'll say that I didn't or just simply keep my mouth shut. Again if you don't know much about it, don't pretend like you do. Simple as that. We're all bball fans here but it just makes you look bad when you type things that just makes no sense.

Nobody is foaming in the mouth here, if you are surprised at my paragraph long rebuttals and they you are being forgetful in your old age, I've been doing this for years and I don't need to be mad just to type that much and argue and cuss a bit. it's the playoffs dawg, get with the excitement, take a viagra or two if needed. No one mad here, I'm chillin with a cold drink celebrating the Clippers victory.

I NEVER said it's harder to win every other year than back to back. If I did it was one of my crack days and someone let me on the computer. If one does not see games- there is ESPN...Will give you stats, and a recap. For anyone who is REALLY a fan, and wants to keep track of ALL their favorite players and teams I highly recommend it.

Who should I be concerned about looking bad to? You and Jet? 2 of the 3 Stooges? Dumb and Dumber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeirpont View Post

The Spurs so bland, even tho they are good I still find it hard understand how folks get excited by or for them.
Anyway, go Heat!

That's because they're in a small market and play as a TEAM. Stephen Jackson was cut because he was no longer acting as a TEAM member. To contrast, DeJuan Blair didn't complain when his minutes were nil. Nor when the team said he was extraneous and would like an offer for him. Just went back in and did double doubles when the situation changed.

To contrast, Kobe has rarely been a team player. That is one of the reasons I don't care for him.

If the Spurs don't win Miami is definitely my second choice. D-Wade went to Marquette, the team I follow in the NCAA. It would also be nice to see the Knicks win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

dude... frown.gif


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm the guy who said that robert parish is a top 5 all time center! lol8[1].gif its hard explain jeff green. now has legitimate all NBA 1st team talent on offense and defense but also leaves you with zero confidence.

That is one half chest thumping. Doesn't qualify. And Bill Russell was way, way better than Robert Parrish. Not to mention a very nice guy if you've ever met him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/lists/Top-10-centers-in-NBA-history#tab=photo-title=Bill+Russell+%25281956-69%2529&photo=30115809
post #11339 of 17752
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post


Who should I be concerned about looking bad to? You and Jet? 2 of the 3 Stooges? Dumb and Dumber?

Just stop, you are embarrassing yourself. It isn't about looking bad but people believing what you say. You want your arguments to be valid, then post shit that makes sense. You are always here arguing and admittedly know nothing about basketball? That you aren't knowledgeable but still say all this shit like you know it, how can anyone take you seriously when you post shit like that?

Again this isn't about me or Jet, it is about you and not knowing much about basketball but continue to talk shit. Really as simple as that. Shit you're a mod for this thread but you are one of the few who constantly spew crap about bball here, you really come off like you know nothing and for the most part, you lowdown admit it.

You want to argue bball, at least watch the game before you say anything about it. Don't just wiki or google the subject and act like you know it off hand, this is if you want anyone in this thread to take you seriously but you seem content to being a bball joke so whatever.
post #11340 of 17752
David Lee out with a torn right hip flexor. DAMNIT
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread