or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread - Page 756

post #11326 of 18041
Thread Starter 
It was a joke dawg. And there is history here, you didn't see this shit coming when the Lakers & Spurs ended up seeing each other int he playoffs?

And no, everything I said about you is real. What in the things I typed were wrong? We do this shit every season dude, I know you more than most here and I know you said those things. I'm sure I am not the only one who remember you defending the Spurs with that excuse for not winning chips back to back. I don't make this things up, I say what I read and see. Same goes with the games and players, I say it how I see it. If I didn't see the game, I'll say that I didn't or just simply keep my mouth shut. Again if you don't know much about it, don't pretend like you do. Simple as that. We're all bball fans here but it just makes you look bad when you type things that just makes no sense.

Nobody is foaming in the mouth here, if you are surprised at my paragraph long rebuttals and they you are being forgetful in your old age, I've been doing this for years and I don't need to be mad just to type that much and argue and cuss a bit. it's the playoffs dawg, get with the excitement, take a viagra or two if needed. No one mad here, I'm chillin with a cold drink celebrating the Clippers victory.
post #11327 of 18041
The Spurs so bland, even tho they are good I still find it hard understand how folks get excited by or for them.
Anyway, go Heat!
post #11328 of 18041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post


The only other team I dislike more is the Celtics. Aren't any loud mouthed, chest thumping Celtics fans in here...

Only Lakers fans.


dude... frown.gif


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm the guy who said that robert parish is a top 5 all time center! lol8[1].gif its hard explain jeff green. now has legitimate all NBA 1st team talent on offense and defense but also leaves you with zero confidence.
post #11329 of 18041
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Marc Gasol is pretty damn sick too...makes that Pau for Kwame trade seem much better in hindsight

While this is true, that trade was widely panned for years. In hindsight, the Grizzles got really really lucky that Marc developed the way that he did. The trade was originally done as a salary dump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Kobe was getting old though and they couldn't really wait for Marc so I think it was a good trade for both. Marc is definitely better than Pau right now though, Pau is still more versatile but dude just looks so much softer than his brother.

This is like saying a Ferrari is faster than a Ford Focus.
post #11330 of 18041
Jeff Green was the man with the Hoyas, though. Smooth, confident, could do it all, and totally confidence inspiring. Led them to the Final Four but ultimately couldn't beat Oden and Conley and the Buckeyes.

Something strange happened to him in the NBA and maybe he's just started to figure it out after 5 years
post #11331 of 18041
Anyone see the Knick game? I saw the result but haven't read anything yet.
post #11332 of 18041
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

Anyone see the Knick game? I saw the result but haven't read anything yet.

it was an awesome game... like a gladiator match... sadly the celtics (the younger newer guys) lost their poise down the stretch....this is probably going 7 games in a bloodbath. MSG was rocking, just carrying the knicks in the 4th.
post #11333 of 18041
I am clueless as to why the NBA would put its marquee matchup in two of its biggest markets, on at 3 pm. They know that the only sport America watches in the afternoon is football
post #11334 of 18041
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

I am clueless as to why the NBA would put its marquee matchup in two of its biggest markets, on at 3 pm. They know that the only sport America watches in the afternoon is football

No one would watch it if it was the last game of the night? It started around 7pm here and that is about 10pm in the east, ending at around 1am. Both Eastern conference games started early yesterday I think. Maybe MSG was also booked for something last night too?
post #11335 of 18041
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

It was a joke dawg. And there is history here, you didn't see this shit coming when the Lakers & Spurs ended up seeing each other int he playoffs?

And no, everything I said about you is real. What in the things I typed were wrong? We do this shit every season dude, I know you more than most here and I know you said those things. I'm sure I am not the only one who remember you defending the Spurs with that excuse for not winning chips back to back. I don't make this things up, I say what I read and see. Same goes with the games and players, I say it how I see it. If I didn't see the game, I'll say that I didn't or just simply keep my mouth shut. Again if you don't know much about it, don't pretend like you do. Simple as that. We're all bball fans here but it just makes you look bad when you type things that just makes no sense.

Nobody is foaming in the mouth here, if you are surprised at my paragraph long rebuttals and they you are being forgetful in your old age, I've been doing this for years and I don't need to be mad just to type that much and argue and cuss a bit. it's the playoffs dawg, get with the excitement, take a viagra or two if needed. No one mad here, I'm chillin with a cold drink celebrating the Clippers victory.

I NEVER said it's harder to win every other year than back to back. If I did it was one of my crack days and someone let me on the computer. If one does not see games- there is ESPN...Will give you stats, and a recap. For anyone who is REALLY a fan, and wants to keep track of ALL their favorite players and teams I highly recommend it.

Who should I be concerned about looking bad to? You and Jet? 2 of the 3 Stooges? Dumb and Dumber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeirpont View Post

The Spurs so bland, even tho they are good I still find it hard understand how folks get excited by or for them.
Anyway, go Heat!

That's because they're in a small market and play as a TEAM. Stephen Jackson was cut because he was no longer acting as a TEAM member. To contrast, DeJuan Blair didn't complain when his minutes were nil. Nor when the team said he was extraneous and would like an offer for him. Just went back in and did double doubles when the situation changed.

To contrast, Kobe has rarely been a team player. That is one of the reasons I don't care for him.

If the Spurs don't win Miami is definitely my second choice. D-Wade went to Marquette, the team I follow in the NCAA. It would also be nice to see the Knicks win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

dude... frown.gif


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm the guy who said that robert parish is a top 5 all time center! lol8[1].gif its hard explain jeff green. now has legitimate all NBA 1st team talent on offense and defense but also leaves you with zero confidence.

That is one half chest thumping. Doesn't qualify. And Bill Russell was way, way better than Robert Parrish. Not to mention a very nice guy if you've ever met him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/lists/Top-10-centers-in-NBA-history#tab=photo-title=Bill+Russell+%25281956-69%2529&photo=30115809
post #11336 of 18041
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post


Who should I be concerned about looking bad to? You and Jet? 2 of the 3 Stooges? Dumb and Dumber?

Just stop, you are embarrassing yourself. It isn't about looking bad but people believing what you say. You want your arguments to be valid, then post shit that makes sense. You are always here arguing and admittedly know nothing about basketball? That you aren't knowledgeable but still say all this shit like you know it, how can anyone take you seriously when you post shit like that?

Again this isn't about me or Jet, it is about you and not knowing much about basketball but continue to talk shit. Really as simple as that. Shit you're a mod for this thread but you are one of the few who constantly spew crap about bball here, you really come off like you know nothing and for the most part, you lowdown admit it.

You want to argue bball, at least watch the game before you say anything about it. Don't just wiki or google the subject and act like you know it off hand, this is if you want anyone in this thread to take you seriously but you seem content to being a bball joke so whatever.
post #11337 of 18041
David Lee out with a torn right hip flexor. DAMNIT
post #11338 of 18041
Again, slower this time.

It is your assertion that I don't know basketball if I don't watch it. I've been watching it since 1970- most likely before you were born.

I have never admitted knowing less about basketball than anyone else. Just the Lakers. How do you expect me to know more about the Lakers than you do?

Why the Hell should the fact that I'm a moderator stop me from voicing my opinion? Because you don't like my opinion and you call me ignorant and biased?

You and Jet seem to be the only ones offended by my comments in here. Tell you something?

I'd wager everyone else finds it amusing.

Grow up, dude.
post #11339 of 18041
Thread Starter 
Never said you could not comment because you're mod, learn to read again, please! If you are a BBall thread mod, know something about bball. Look at your comments about bball, it is either wiki'd or just some article you read. You even admit you barely watch any games. I get it, you're a fan and you've been watching even before I was born but it simply doesn't show by your posts. You used the word ignorant, not me. You said you don't care if you look bad and shouldn't worry what Jet or I thinks, that just implies that you admit barely knowing anything.

As for being biased, I never said you were, we're all biased to the team we cheer for here, except that one dude who doesn't cheer for any teams but talks crap about other teams, forgot his name. Not really sure where you get and how you perceive these posts. lol8[1].gif

I never said to know everything about the Lakers but you need to learn something about your team too, at least read the post game articles so you aren't saying things out of the blue.

I'll bring up this recent example again, the last Lakers & Spurs game you said 2 of the big 3 from the Spurs didn't play but that is wrong because Duncan and Parker played. That is obvious lack of knowledge on your part and don't use it as a part of your argument if you didn't even see the game. Simple as that. You have been doing that for years now, again simply do not say anything if you didn't see the game or know nothing about it.


Just because no one else wants to get sucked up in some of your dumb arguments doesn't mean it is just me and jet who are here, again just know your shit and you will get no flack from me. I haven't talked shit about the Spurs, just your lack of knowledge (general bball knowledge) especially on your favorite team the Spurs.


But whatever, you keep saying the same things and all the things I point out that is a FACT you just try to back pedal or ignore. Then tell me to grow up when you are like the one being butt raped and a victim in a fashion forum nonetheless. lol8[1].gif Tell me to grow up? Apparently I am much younger than you but the first shit that happens to the Lakers who is the first to mock? The old man Steve! So how about the old man set some examples? Set the precedence? You try to goad the Laker fans and starts to act the victim when someone responds. Don't cry once you get owned dude.


So anyways, back to basketball, this shit ain't going anywhere.
post #11340 of 18041
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Never said you could not comment because you're mod, learn to read again, please! If you are a BBall thread mod, know something about bball. Look at your comments about bball, it is either wiki'd or just some article you read. You even admit you barely watch any games. I get it, you're a fan and you've been watching even before I was born but it simply doesn't show by your posts. You used the word ignorant, not me. You said you don't care if you look bad and shouldn't worry what Jet or I thinks, that just implies that you admit barely knowing anything.

As for being biased, I never said you were, we're all biased to the team we cheer for here, except that one dude who doesn't cheer for any teams but talks crap about other teams, forgot his name. Not really sure where you get and how you perceive these posts. lol8[1].gif

I never said to know everything about the Lakers but you need to learn something about your team too, at least read the post game articles so you aren't saying things out of the blue.

I'll bring up this recent example again, the last Lakers & Spurs game you said 2 of the big 3 from the Spurs didn't play but that is wrong because Duncan and Parker played. That is obvious lack of knowledge on your part and don't use it as a part of your argument if you didn't even see the game. Simple as that. You have been doing that for years now, again simply do not say anything if you didn't see the game or know nothing about it.


Just because no one else wants to get sucked up in some of your dumb arguments doesn't mean it is just me and jet who are here, again just know your shit and you will get no flack from me. I haven't talked shit about the Spurs, just your lack of knowledge (general bball knowledge) especially on your favorite team the Spurs.


But whatever, you keep saying the same things and all the things I point out that is a FACT you just try to back pedal or ignore. Then tell me to grow up when you are like the one being butt raped and a victim in a fashion forum nonetheless. lol8[1].gif Tell me to grow up? Apparently I am much younger than you but the first shit that happens to the Lakers who is the first to mock? The old man Steve! So how about the old man set some examples? Set the precedence? You try to goad the Laker fans and starts to act the victim when someone responds. Don't cry once you get owned dude.


So anyways, back to basketball, this shit ain't going anywhere.

I think you are projecting your personal outrage into what you feel is a thread wide offense to decency on my part.

No one gives a shit about whether you're right or wrong.

Or who watches a game or who doesn't.

I'm opinionated. I don't need your permission to speak.

You won't win this argument with me. Or any other. Ever.

I'd give up if I were you.

I DID watch this game. Enjoyed it. I'm thinking that the Spurs were laying low waiting for everyone to heal (e.g. Ginobili). Let's see how the rest of the series goes.

And I didn't agree with either Hack-a-Howard. The two blown calls Van Gundy pointed out were obvious but as VG said the ref handled them well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread