or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread - Page 742

post #11116 of 18042
kinda happy that streak is over actually
post #11117 of 18042
Focus should be on managing minutes and fine tuning for playoffs.Plus there were quite a few games during that streak that they had absolutely no business winning smile.gif
post #11118 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

kinda happy that streak is over actually

ffffuuuu.gif

 

On the bright side, the Heat will go into the playoffs more focused. A lot of games in the win streak were all off to bad starts and if they continue this way, they won't get another ring so they have to figure out how to dominate from the beginning.

post #11119 of 18042
Two!!!!!
post #11120 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

now the inevitable backlash for the Heat from the media/ESPN: THEY LOST ONE GAME IN A ROW... CHAMPIONSHIP IS SERIOUSLY IN DOUBT NOW!!!!


I was at the Celtics/Knicks game yesterday... OMG celtics ffffuuuu.gif



it was exciting seeing JR smith finally become a good player this year... he's always been good, but he's finally actually doing smart basketball things now (even after facepalm.gif shots).

post #11121 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

Two!!!!!

Don't you mean six confused.gif



LOLLEBRON. "No Justice, No Peace!!" If he thinks this is physical play, he must never have seen a Jordan playoff game (Chicago/Detroit or Chicago/NY). Or NY/Miami with the likes of PJ Brown, Askins and Mourning, or Knicks/Indiana with the Davis Brothers. What a wuss!


http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lebron-james-issues-call-for-justice-after-heat-s-27-game-winning-streak-ends-against-bulls-064538958.html
post #11122 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

kinda happy that streak is over actually

+1

1/2 of every NBA show was dedicated to this. It got overexposed at around 18 wins.
post #11123 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

Don't you mean six confused.gif



LOLLEBRON. "No Justice, No Peace!!" If he thinks this is physical play, he must never have seen a Jordan playoff game (Chicago/Detroit or Chicago/NY). Or NY/Miami with the likes of PJ Brown, Askins and Mourning, or Knicks/Indiana with the Davis Brothers. What a wuss!


This is why he's hated. He'll always been a bitch. "It's been happening all year" ???? Wait, isn't he the bitch that went 6 games without a foul called on him? "I'm not crying or nuthin'" - ya ok.

I think Luol Deng defends James better than any player in the league.

That hair line, too. Keeps receding.
post #11124 of 18042
I was about 7 rows up at the Celtics/Knicks game and forgot how much contact the interior players get. When carmelo slashes towards the basket and makes contact with the interior defender(s) the sound is similar to football/hockey players making a clean hit. They make the same yelping/exhale upon contact. Even Pierce (who makes the most floppy gestures) was getting manhandled by Kenyon Martin.



^this particular play - Bradley fakes a corner 3, slashes baseline and tries to dunk on Kenyon martin. Martin was having none of it - and sticks a forearm right into bradley's ribs before their bodies collide. Bradley kind of yelped the ball came loose and he tried to hold onto the rim for safety because he was going sideways coming down. The crowd gasped and went silent as it was happening.
post #11125 of 18042
^ I don't know what the NFL is going to do, but physics will win. I'm not a fuubaw fan but damn, some of the contact in those highlights is freakish. NBA is miles from anything like that, though it is skin on skin and then there's the danger of that hard wood floor. You can't build momentum on a basketball court like you can a large field.

While I'm ranting, NHL is a completely unwatchable sport. Not only is the puck impossible to see, but the endless pushing and pulling and crashing and bashing is horrifically boring. There is not enough open space on that ice and the game just sucks with no flow.

Similar rant with pro tennis. The game is too fast. Its boring now.
post #11126 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post


^this particular play - Bradley fakes a corner 3, slashes baseline and tries to dunk on Kenyon martin. Martin was having none of it - and sticks a forearm right into bradley's ribs before their bodies collide. Bradley kind of yelped the ball came loose and he tried to hold onto the rim for safety because he was going sideways coming down. The crowd gasped and went silent as it was happening.

Yeah, people don't know/don't think about what its like to have a 250lb man jump into you full force as you are going to the basket. Martin is an old school interior player, he doesn't save any fouls, he gets his money's worth. Melo is too soft for my taste but when you think about how many points he gets around the rim against multiple big men, it is a bit impressive.

Anyway good doctor, a question. Shumpert and Rose both went down on the same day with the same injury. Both are young guys. Shumpert has been back playing for about a month and Rose is still out with pain. Is that normal, guys heal differently to this ACL thing or is Rose being too cautious/Shumpert too aggressive?
post #11127 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

Yeah, people don't know/don't think about what its like to have a 250lb man jump into you full force as you are going to the basket. Martin is an old school interior player, he doesn't save any fouls, he gets his money's worth. Melo is too soft for my taste but when you think about how many points he gets around the rim against multiple big men, it is a bit impressive.

Anyway good doctor, a question. Shumpert and Rose both went down on the same day with the same injury. Both are young guys. Shumpert has been back playing for about a month and Rose is still out with pain. Is that normal, guys heal differently to this ACL thing or is Rose being too cautious/Shumpert too aggressive?

Shumpert is a freak. ACL repair is a weird thing, it depends on the type of repair done (patellar bone tendon graft/ hamstrings graft/ ect) and even more so with his physical therapist/trainer and rehab. Looking at rose doing full contact practice it looks like he's ready to go and play actual games, but is obviously hemming/hawing.

The thing you have to consider is their situations... Shumpert is still basically playing for the potential of a big contract (he's still on his rookie contract) so he's going to show that he's back and can play. Rose already has his max contract and is considering his options.

My wife was fascinated with shumpert. with his hair and raw athletic ability (he was moving faster than anyone on the court) she was like "who's that?!"
post #11128 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

Yeah, people don't know/don't think about what its like to have a 250lb man jump into you full force as you are going to the basket. Martin is an old school interior player, he doesn't save any fouls, he gets his money's worth. Melo is too soft for my taste but when you think about how many points he gets around the rim against multiple big men, it is a bit impressive.

Anyway good doctor, a question. Shumpert and Rose both went down on the same day with the same injury. Both are young guys. Shumpert has been back playing for about a month and Rose is still out with pain. Is that normal, guys heal differently to this ACL thing or is Rose being too cautious/Shumpert too aggressive?

obviously not the good Dr, but I'm going to field this one - I think Rose is effectively sitting out because he knows this team has no chance of going anywhere in the playoffs. And good for him, too. Why kill yourself to rush back, possibly re-injure yourself in the process, all to lose to the eventual champions anyway in the second round? Better to sit out, take the summer to continue training, and then come back to start fresh in the new season. Shumpy, on the other hand, doesn't play quite the same style as Rose (full on crash ahead) and most likely doesn't have the leverage with the org to try to hold himself out longer than 'necessary'.
post #11129 of 18042
^rose seems like the type to actually want the challenge though. he seems to play too hard even in garbage time (kind of like larry bird in the 80's).

I wonder whats going on with him... I bet its his agent/family holding him back.
post #11130 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post


The thing you have to consider is their situations... Shumpert is still basically playing for the potential of a big contract (he's still on his rookie contract) so he's going to show that he's back and can play. Rose already has his max contract and is considering his options.

My wife was fascinated with shumpert. with his hair and raw athletic ability (he was moving faster than anyone on the court) she was like "who's that?!"

The last two games, Shumpert has played as well as he ever has. Yesterday's game against Memphis, strictly on a speed basis, he was obviously the best player on the court on both ends. Similar to what you saw in Boston. On the other side of the spectrum, everytime I see Pierce I expect him to just fall apart during the game. Slow, old, flabby. And then he proceeds to throw 35 points down your throat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

obviously not the good Dr, but I'm going to field this one - I think Rose is effectively sitting out because he knows this team has no chance of going anywhere in the playoffs. And good for him, too. Why kill yourself to rush back, possibly re-injure yourself in the process, all to lose to the eventual champions anyway in the second round? Better to sit out, take the summer to continue training, and then come back to start fresh in the new season. Shumpy, on the other hand, doesn't play quite the same style as Rose (full on crash ahead) and most likely doesn't have the leverage with the org to try to hold himself out longer than 'necessary'.

confused.gif With Rose at 85-90%, the Bulls would have to be at least the second favored team to win the East and I would say they would be the favorite when you look at what they did to the Heat without Rose and Noah. And if the refs let them play their style, who in the West could possibly play with the Bulls?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread