or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread - Page 739

post #11071 of 19360
James gets all the plaudits, but D Wade has been playing some stunning ball. It's understated efficency is Duncanesque.
post #11072 of 19360
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

dunk was ok. passing beforehand was terrific.

+1
post #11073 of 19360
If there was any doubt as to who will win the NBA title this year, there is no more after last night. Watching the Heat come back from 27 down in the second half to with #24 showed me everything I needed to see. They looked unstoppable. This team is still hungry after their first title. When Reshard Lewis wins a title in June he'll realize that he's the luckiest man alive in the world.
post #11074 of 19360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post

If there was any doubt as to who will win the NBA title this year, there is no more after last night. Watching the Heat come back from 27 down in the second half to with #24 showed me everything I needed to see. They looked unstoppable. This team is still hungry after their first title. When Reshard Lewis wins a title in June he'll realize that he's the luckiest man alive in the world.

Curb your enthusiasm: it was the Cavaliers. No Irving or Waiters or Verajao.
post #11075 of 19360
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Curb your enthusiasm: it was the Cavaliers. No Irving or Waiters or Verajao.

+1

Winning 24 in a row is impressive but the playoffs are the only thing that matter. No one is going to remember or care about how may they win in the regular season if they shit a brick in the playoffs.
post #11076 of 19360
knicks, baby knicks. The streak is at 1
post #11077 of 19360
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

+1

Winning 24 in a row is impressive but the playoffs are the only thing that matter. No one is going to remember or care about how may they win in the regular season if they shit a brick in the playoffs.
not to wish ill on anyone ... well, ok on the celtics or the heat, but no one else ... the thing to remember about the nba is that all it takes is one bad landing to change the whole season. most teams really have 3 main cogs. lose one of them and that's deadly.
post #11078 of 19360
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

not to wish ill on anyone ... well, ok on the celtics or the heat, but no one else ... the thing to remember about the nba is that all it takes is one bad landing to change the whole season. most teams really have 3 main cogs. lose one of them and that's deadly.

the grizzlies and nuggets are actually legit championship contenders right now.

one of my dream finals this year would be the nuggets vs the heat where all the scores are at least in the 120's and it goes 7 games with the heat losing because Lebron has too much muscle mass that can't be adequately oxygenated in the high altitude and he gets massive cramps and ends up fainting on court. bounce2.gif
post #11079 of 19360
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Curb your enthusiasm: it was the Cavaliers. No Irving or Waiters or Verajao.

I get you, but still it was their fifth road game in 8 nights. They were down 27 points and they took it down to 9 in the span on 6 minutes. There was a part of the game where CLE couldn't get the ball inside of MIA's 3-point line for like 4 straight possessions. This MIA team is a team that still has the competitive fire (see Dallas '11-'12 season for counterexample). They are going to coast through the Eastern Conference playoffs and they will have to play an OKC, SAS, or DEN team that just waged a 7 game war against one of the other two.
post #11080 of 19360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post

I get you, but still it was their fifth road game in 8 nights. They were down 27 points and they took it down to 9 in the span on 6 minutes. There was a part of the game where CLE couldn't get the ball inside of MIA's 3-point line for like 4 straight possessions. This MIA team is a team that still has the competitive fire (see Dallas '11-'12 season for counterexample). They are going to coast through the Eastern Conference playoffs and they will have to play an OKC, SAS, or DEN team that just waged a 7 game war against one of the other two.

they lost twice to both NY and Indiana, both of those teams present serious problems for MIami, Indiana presents serious problems for both the Knicks and Heat in a playoff series.
post #11081 of 19360
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

they lost twice to both NY and Indiana, both of those teams present serious problems for MIami, Indiana presents serious problems for both the Knicks and Heat in a playoff series.


NY is banged up though, Melo and Chandler aren't 100% and Amare is done for the season, again. Plus they just aren't playing with the same intensity to start the season. Right now, if the playoffs started, they'd have to play Chicago, which could easily be Boston or Atlanta and could also spell a first round exit.
post #11082 of 19360
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

NY is banged up though, Melo and Chandler aren't 100% and Amare is done for the season, again. Plus they just aren't playing with the same intensity to start the season. Right now, if the playoffs started, they'd have to play Chicago, which could easily be Boston or Atlanta and could also spell a first round exit.

yes but the playoffs don't start today (and the Knicks are 2-2 vs. Boston and 1-0 vs Atlanta) and there is nothing like getting on a streak heading into the playoffs (and also nothing like blowing our load ahead of the playoffs). They beat Miami without Amare, he is due back by the second round. Chandler is due back next week and Melo is already back. I'm not saying that they Knicks don't have issues (they are old and slow. Melo is soft and a volume shooter/scorer and Chandler's game is condusive to injury) and that they couldn't lose in the first round but the playoffs are a different animal than the regular season. The only team that really worries me in the playoffs is Indiana.
post #11083 of 19360
Thread Starter 
Eh, Chandler and Melo playing doesn't mean they are 100%, knee injuries linger and it is even bad when they had to drain it so Melo will have to deal with that the rest of the season. Oh and Felton is fat again. Dude was dying of exhaustion in the game against Portland. Commentators even called him out on it, I get it that he is hurt but stay on the threadmill everyday and eat well for gods sake, keep your stamina up and weight down.

Beating teams in the season means nothing either, I'd still take Miami over the NY just by how they are playing right now.

Clippers always beat the Spurs (by a blowout at items too) in the regular season but if I were a betting man, I wouldn't pick the Clippers to win a 7 game series unless Duncan, Parker and Manu are all out.
post #11084 of 19360
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

knicks, baby knicks. The streak is at 1

smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

not to wish ill on anyone ... well, ok on the celtics or the heat, but no one else ... the thing to remember about the nba is that all it takes is one bad landing to change the whole season. most teams really have 3 main cogs. lose one of them and that's deadly.

The Lakers have more I think, but Maybe no one counts Nash certainly not this season. Spurs have 3 but they don't need more than 2 at any one time anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

the grizzlies and nuggets are actually legit championship contenders right now.

one of my dream finals this year would be the nuggets vs the heat where all the scores are at least in the 120's and it goes 7 games with the heat losing because Lebron has too much muscle mass that can't be adequately oxygenated in the high altitude and he gets massive cramps and ends up fainting on court. bounce2.gif

The nuggets???
post #11085 of 19360
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Eh, Chandler and Melo playing doesn't mean they are 100%, knee injuries linger and it is even bad when they had to drain it so Melo will have to deal with that the rest of the season. Oh and Felton is fat again. Dude was dying of exhaustion in the game against Portland. Commentators even called him out on it, I get it that he is hurt but stay on the threadmill everyday and eat well for gods sake, keep your stamina up and weight down.

Beating teams in the season means nothing either, I'd still take Miami over the NY just by how they are playing right now.

Clippers always beat the Spurs (by a blowout at items too) in the regular season but if I were a betting man, I wouldn't pick the Clippers to win a 7 game series unless Duncan, Parker and Manu are all out.

Not true.

1 blowout for each team.

1 5 pt loss for SA. Game 3/29.

And fuck you for beating me so bad in fantasy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread