or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread - Page 718

post #10756 of 18186
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickt View Post

My first thought on the new jerseys was sales. People are probably more likely to buy and wear jerseys with sleeves.

Not if they are that tight, it won't be flattering to people that aren't exactly fit. Even at an XL, it'll still be close to the skin. I can't even imagine Big Baby wearing one of these. lol8[1].gif

I agree though, it's all about sale at the end. Other teams will have it next year.
http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/blog/threads_and_laces/2013/02/adidas-introduces-sleeves-to-nba-jerseys.html
Quote:
“We’ve made the presentations. We expect other NBA teams to come on board as early as the 2013-14 season,” Norman said. “The interest has been strong across the board.”

Why does the shorts have stripes though? Shade of yellow isn't even different.
post #10757 of 18186
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Not if they are that tight, it won't be flattering to people that aren't exactly fit. Even at an XL, it'll still be close to the skin. I can't even imagine Big Baby wearing one of these. lol8[1].gif

I agree though, it's all about sale at the end. Other teams will have it next year.
http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/blog/threads_and_laces/2013/02/adidas-introduces-sleeves-to-nba-jerseys.html
Why does the shorts have stripes though? Shade of yellow isn't even different.



The pics with Barnes were one thing, but now I see the shorts dont match, the stripes, yellow socks, they look like the fucking Globetrotters.
post #10758 of 18186
jesus christ, those are HORRENDOUS.
post #10759 of 18186
I miss this guy:


post #10760 of 18186
Clippers baby, clippers
post #10761 of 18186
didn't see how he changed hands there....looks more like he went up with the ball with both hands and took the right hand off the ball to protect it/semi-ward off Hawes

regarding Blake, i caught a couple of Clipper games and i am impressed with his development as a player. his midrange jumper is now semi-reliable and he has developed some nice footwork and shots from the post. he's still not an all-around post player, more of a catch-and-go one, but still pretty impressive for someone who could only dunk as a rookie. he definitely should be a 20/10 every night, the only thing holding him back slightly is CP3's tendency to distribute the ball to everyone
post #10762 of 18186
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

regarding Blake, i caught a couple of Clipper games and i am impressed with his development as a player. his midrange jumper is now semi-reliable and he has developed some nice footwork and shots from the post. he's still not an all-around post player, more of a catch-and-go one, but still pretty impressive for someone who could only dunk as a rookie. he definitely should be a 20/10 every night, the only thing holding him back slightly is CP3's tendency to distribute the ball to everyone
i agree. i think he's more a 4 than a 5 though ... they've got jordan for that (a very atypical 5 certainlyl).
post #10763 of 18186
Those new uniforms are awful. The jersey itself isn't so bad but the shorts are hideous.
post #10764 of 18186
Both dunks were dope.

Clips baby.
post #10765 of 18186
Thread Starter 
Am I barely just noticing this or just some freak coincidence that torn ACLs just seems much more common these days?

Just the past 2 years has Rondo & Rose had it, then there is Barbosa most recently, then there was David West 2 years ago, Ricky Rubio and Baron Davis last year, I'm sure I am missing a bunch of other players too.
post #10766 of 18186
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Am I barely just noticing this or just some freak coincidence that torn ACLs just seems much more common these days?

Just the past 2 years has Rondo & Rose had it, then there is Barbosa most recently, then there was David West 2 years ago, Ricky Rubio and Baron Davis last year, I'm sure I am missing a bunch of other players too.

you must not watch a lot of football. increasing size + increased musculature + increasingly violent movement and contact / ligament size and strength remaining the same = increase in injuries.
post #10767 of 18186
Thread Starter 
I actually do not watch football outside of the Super Bowl. Not too interested in Baseball either but I am not sure how common torn ACLs are in the MLB.
post #10768 of 18186
Hedo Turkoglu suspended 20 games for violating NBA's Anti-Drug Program by testing positive for methenolone foo.gif
post #10769 of 18186
Ahaha Hedo seems to be the last person I would suspect of taking PEDs. If he is it definitely doesn't show anywhere
post #10770 of 18186
Thread Starter 
And Stern was just talking about HGH testing coming to the NBA next year.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread