or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread - Page 717

post #10741 of 18080
So will theLakers be contenders next year or have to make it painful two years before they return to elite status?
post #10742 of 18080
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

So will theLakers be contenders next year or have to make it painful two years before they return to elite status?

not unless Jeanie stages a Coup d'état

man... I don't want to fall for Jeff Green actually being a good player, but he does show flashes of brilliance and conversely shows flashes of facepalm.gif he's the weirdest kind of head case: the "nice guy" headcase. Where I'll cheer for him when he pulls out a shockingly athletic jam in traffic, but feel bad for wanting to amnesty him when he does something facepalm.gif because he seems like a really nice guy who is less than a year removed from serious heart surgery.

post #10743 of 18080
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post



man... I don't want to fall for Jeff Green actually being a good player, but he does show flashes of brilliance and conversely shows flashes of facepalm.gif he's the weirdest kind of head case: the "nice guy" headcase. Where I'll cheer for him when he pulls out a shockingly athletic jam in traffic, but feel bad for wanting to amnesty him when he does something facepalm.gif because he seems like a really nice guy who is less than a year removed from serious heart surgery.

I think he is a good player, good system guy, doesn't try to do too much but ya, there are times where you just want to shake him and yell 'sprint'. I think he needs this season, and if he's not consistent next season it may make sense to move him on. But shit, if they opened you up like that, would you be 100%?

Is there real talk about amnesty here? I'd be surprised. Sometimes a personality like this is a good thing to have: doesn't cry for minutes, touches or attention.
post #10744 of 18080
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Is there real talk about amnesty here? I'd be surprised. Sometimes a personality like this is a good thing to have: doesn't cry for minutes, touches or attention.

I don't think so either. Looks like he is Ainge's personal favourite, so I doubt he'll amnesty the guy and accept he blew the Perkins trade. That said, if Jeff continues to play like he has over this streak, I think he's a keeper.

post #10745 of 18080
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

another thing about this Celtics winning streak is that it should quiet y'all who said Doc Rivers isn't a good coach. within a week, he completely retooled his offense from this PG dominant pick and roll, drive and kick thing, to this spread shooter, ball swinging misdirection offense that actually looks more efficient than the Rondo-led one. pretty damn impressive.

No one said he wasn't good, all I said was he wasn't as "great" as most people are saying, again analysts and reporters were naming him top 5 of all time, no way he is that great. I still think Thibodeuo and Pop are simply much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Great observation. Doc never got the credit he deserves for the '08 team and going 7 Games against Mia last season.


See above, he was being called top 5 by analysts and that sparked me questioning his greatness to begin with. Doc gets plenty of credits and love from the media even when he has the 3 most hated players in the NBA still playing outside of Lebron (Lebron has actually calmed down with the negative media attention this year).
post #10746 of 18080
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post


See above, he was being called top 5 by analysts and that sparked me questioning his greatness to begin with. Doc gets plenty of credits and love from the media even when he has the 3 most hated players in the NBA still playing outside of Lebron (Lebron has actually calmed down with the negative media attention this year).

Never read that. No way he's top 5. Wooden, Auerbach, Jackson, Pop, coach K, Larry Brown... he's no in that class yet. I'd go as far as saying he's the best of the 80's/90's players that are now coaches.
post #10747 of 18080
Thread Starter 
Hmmm... new jerseys on the horizon. Looks like compression tee's but looser on the bottom but why the sleeves? Next we might see long sleeve jerseys to incorporate the shooting sleeve compression?





http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/warriors-debut-tight-yellow-alternate-jerseys-sleeves-against-194404163--nba.html


Looks like the same ASG jersey from a year or so back.
post #10748 of 18080
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Never read that. No way he's top 5. Wooden, Auerbach, Jackson, Pop, coach K, Larry Brown... he's no in that class yet. I'd go as far as saying he's the best of the 80's/90's players that are now coaches.

Riley has got to fall in there too.


edit: was looking over the list, surprised that only four current NBA coaches have won a championship. Pop, Rick Carlisle, Doc, and Spoelstra.
post #10749 of 18080
jerseys are terrible
post #10750 of 18080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Riley has got to fall in there too.


edit: was looking over the list, surprised that only four current NBA coaches have won a championship. Pop, Rick Carlisle, Doc, and Spoelstra.
that's what happens when you take jackson out of the equation.
post #10751 of 18080
Ya, Riles gets an nod too.


Re the jerseys: is it official?
post #10752 of 18080
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post



Re the jerseys: is it official?

Quote:
That right there is a new jersey that adidas has developed and that the Warriors will wear on Friday, Feb. 22, when they take on the San Antonio Spurs in a nationally televised game on ESPN. It has sleeves, which is different

The team and the NBA's official apparel provider have a joint announcement/unveiling press conference scheduled for Monday at 5 p.m. Eastern/2 p.m. Pacific that will be streamed on Golden State's official website, but Warriors beat man Marcus Thompson II of the San Jose Mercury News already has the scoop on the unis, which the Warriors will reportedly also wear during a March 8 contest against the Houston Rockets and one week later, on March 15, against the Chicago Bulls.


Testing it out with the Dubs and then go from there I guess.
post #10753 of 18080
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post


Testing it out with the Dubs and then go from there I guess.

League's tattoo boys are gonna be upset. Wouldnt be surprised if that's one of the reasons. NBA looks like a prison yard sometimes.
post #10754 of 18080

Schedule loss against the Cats last night for the Cs. Unfortunately, it seems luck has it against the team this season. Barbosa is now likely out for the season. Awful really.

post #10755 of 18080

My first thought on the new jerseys was sales. People are probably more likely to buy and wear jerseys with sleeves.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread