or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread - Page 710

post #10636 of 18042
you could argue that Bargnani is a worse #1 pick than Greg Oden. at least Portland isn't paying Oden and he's not soaking up minutes and cap space at this point
post #10637 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

you could argue that Bargnani is a worse #1 pick than Greg Oden. at least Portland isn't paying Oden and he's not soaking up minutes and cap space at this point

I feel bad for the dude, but Oden was a far, far worse pick than Bargnani. Dude only managed to played 82 games in the past 6 years AND they drafted him over Kevin friggin Durant!
post #10638 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by __CB__ View Post

I feel bad for the dude

Don't -he's a millionaire.
post #10639 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by __CB__ View Post

I feel bad for the dude, but Oden was a far, far worse pick than Bargnani. Dude only managed to played 82 games in the past 6 years AND they drafted him over Kevin friggin Durant!
I should have clarified that I was ignoring sunk costs, as per the article that idfnl posted. Right now, Oden isn't costing the Blazers anything other than the opportunity cost of a wasted #1 pick. Bargs, on the other hand, is arguably also a waste of a #1 pick in that he is a negative contributor to his team's likelihood of winning games, and takes up team resources and blocks the development of players behind him
post #10640 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Don't -he's a millionaire.

For anyone to have the prime of their career cut short through no fault of their own is a sad thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

I should have clarified that I was ignoring sunk costs, as per the article that idfnl posted. Right now, Oden isn't costing the Blazers anything other than the opportunity cost of a wasted #1 pick. Bargs, on the other hand, is arguably also a waste of a #1 pick in that he is a negative contributor to his team's likelihood of winning games, and takes up team resources and blocks the development of players behind him

Now? Sure. I'm no Bargs apologist, but he did put up some good numbers over a few seasons.
post #10641 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by __CB__ View Post

For anyone to have the prime of their career cut short through no fault of their own is a sad thing.

That was directed at Barg
post #10642 of 18042
lol hmmmm......lol8[1].gif

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a2h4jf8


the clips might as well win now! (plus they get to keep bledsoe.
post #10643 of 18042
Not bad, but why would Atlanta want to do this?
post #10644 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGrotius View Post

Not bad, but why would Atlanta want to do this?

I have no idea. lol8[1].gif

seriously though, josh smith is walking next year the odds of chris paul/dwight howard/andrew bynum going to atlanta is very low, they might as well get some talent back for him. its a stretch, but danny ferry is a fucking idiot whenever he has impending big salary cap decisions. even when he's heading to a good place with the salary cap ferry ends up pulling confused.gif trades that sort of make sense but ultimately disappoint (just remember all of the "big trades" he made during the lebron era cavs).
post #10645 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Anyone read Chuck Klosterman's piece on Royce White? Really fascinating:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8890734/chuck-klosterman-royce-white

Dude is crazy.
post #10646 of 18042
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Dude is crazy.
i don't know, sounds like just another over-entitled 19-year-old millionaire to me.
post #10647 of 18042
Thread Starter 
Pau might ask for trade if D'Antoni & Howard stays next year.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-simers-pau-gasol-20130205,0,2815756,print.column
Quote:
"If this coach stays and Dwight Howard remains with the Lakers," I asked, "what about you?"

"It would be hard for me to deal with another season knowing the facts you just mentioned," said Gasol, 32 and with one year remaining on his contract.

"So do you ask for a fresh start elsewhere?"

"It's a possibility," he said, "yes."


On Paus meeting with D'Antoni:
Quote:
The coach and player met at a Manhattan Beach restaurant a few weeks back, and most folks were left with the impression they had a meeting of minds.

"It was an effort on our part to try and come to an understanding," Gasol said. "But I don't think it's translated to an understanding. Nothing significant has happened; it's probably even gone a little backwards."
post #10648 of 18042
It's disheartening for a fan, it's gotta be tough for hte players. the great thing about jackson was that he treated the players as adults and was flexible in the way he handled them. d'antoni seems determined to fit every square peg into his system, round hole or not. it's ridiculous the way he's treated gasol, not just in terms of playing time, but in openly deriding him. there's nothing to be gained by that.
post #10649 of 18042
Thread Starter 
This commercial just cracked me up when I saw it last night.

post #10650 of 18042
Dikembe looks like he's still in pretty good shape
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread