or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread - Page 682

post #10216 of 19267
I thought the lakes were going to have a season saving breakout game against the clips, I thought everything was aligned for them (playing better, clips on losing streak etc) but I guess I was wrong..........



BTW, all the talk about Amare and how he "dissed" D'Antoni by saying he was never taught defense (and I'm sure he meant team defensive schemes not, 'what do I do if my guy is about to take a layup?") and the Lakers main problem is defense and D'Antoni is the coach...................
post #10217 of 19267
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

I thought the lakes were going to have a season saving breakout game against the clips, I thought everything was aligned for them (playing better, clips on losing streak etc) but I guess I was wrong..........

BTW, all the talk about Amare and how he "dissed" D'Antoni by saying he was never taught defense (and I'm sure he meant team defensive schemes not, 'what do I do if my guy is about to take a layup?") and the Lakers main problem is defense and D'Antoni is the coach...................

To be fair, the defense were already bad even with Mike Brown and Brown is a defensive coach.
post #10218 of 19267
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

To be fair, the defense were already bad even with Mike Brown and Brown is a defensive coach.

Its true, I watched one of those early season games and the defense looked like streetball.

I think its age. And effort, DH just seems off. The number of easy baskets is sick.
post #10219 of 19267
i don't think you can put it on howard. he's been just animalizing everything that comes close. if anything, i'd say it's because everybody else is stuck in "funnel the ball to the 5" mode and expecting howard to pick up the slack. i was really hoping that knick game might be a turning point, but doesn't look that way. and now there's reports howard is going to miss a few games because of his rotator cuff.
at this point, i don't think anybody can put the problems with the defense on d'antoni either. it's easy to say they play old and slow, but i don't think that's quite it. they're just not showing the consistent effort that's necessary to play team defense. it's like they're hesitant to commit.
post #10220 of 19267
Thread Starter 
Why is Ebanks not being utilized btw? I mean dude has length and speed to defend 3 positions. DAntoni was high on him there for a few games and then quickly soured. I feel like he is still not sure what line-ups to put out there. MWP barely returned to the starting line-up, not sure why he put Morris as a 2 guard and Kobe as SF either. DAntoni looks confused right now to be quite honest, he is still trying to find that group that could play well on both ends.
post #10221 of 19267
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

i don't think you can put it on howard. he's been just animalizing everything that comes close. if anything, i'd say it's because everybody else is stuck in "funnel the ball to the 5" mode and expecting howard to pick up the slack. i was really hoping that knick game might be a turning point, but doesn't look that way. and now there's reports howard is going to miss a few games because of his rotator cuff.
at this point, i don't think anybody can put the problems with the defense on d'antoni either. it's easy to say they play old and slow, but i don't think that's quite it. they're just not showing the consistent effort that's necessary to play team defense. it's like they're hesitant to commit.

I've got pretty limited exposure to the LAL games this season, maybe 3 games (1 Brown, 2 D'A). From what I have seen he looked off. I saw him taking plays off and looking a bit rubber legged a few times. But I do see his lines and wonder if they are empty stats on games I didn't watch.

You're right about the ball getting funneled to the middle, but I think its more because of effort and age, folks are just walking by perimeter defenders. Even MWP got smoked in the games I saw.
post #10222 of 19267
Thread Starter 
Ugh, Dwight out with shoulder injury and Pau has a concussion and Jordan Hill has a hip injury and won't join the upcoming road trip.

Time for Sacre to shine! Look at that energy!
sacre2_original.gif?1353530082
sacre_original.gif?1353529675
robert-sacre-dance.gif
post #10223 of 19267
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

robert-sacre-dance.gif

lol8[1].giflol8[1].giflol8[1].gif

Looks like

1439296_o.gif
post #10224 of 19267
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Ugh, Dwight out with shoulder injury and Pau has a concussion and Jordan Hill has a hip injury and won't join the upcoming road trip.
eh, who needs 'em. just because we're playing houston, san antonio and okc this week ...
post #10225 of 19267
Lake Show is fuxored. Time to blow it up. lol.

Really though, they need to trade Gasol for Love and get Amare for a bag of chips to lead the second unit. Then send of Blake to Toronto for that Euro point guard. Then it will all be good.
Time for Kupcheck to earn his pay.
post #10226 of 19267
Thread Starter 
Dude never learns, Rondo suspended for bumping a ref... again!

Funny though cuz the ref is bigger than him this time around and just looked down on him and kind of shrugged it off. lol8[1].gif

post #10227 of 19267
Holy shit.

Washington beat OKC
post #10228 of 19267
They also beat Miami, didn't they?
post #10229 of 19267
Thread Starter 
Durant was hot towards the end there but Westbrook ended up taking the final shot. baldy[1].gif
post #10230 of 19267
Thread Starter 
Russy at his finest. lol8[1].gif
russibaka.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread