or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread - Page 671

post #10051 of 18186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

You likes it, the bro-love?

bro hug? yeah bro! damn this hug is Epic! I'm tingling from within. I feel it too bro. I love you bro.
post #10052 of 18186
fucking clips baby clips goddam

i like how griffin almost posterized that du and got a flagrant call LOL
post #10053 of 18186
clippers.baby.clippers
post #10054 of 18186
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

I did not watch that game (I was just a baby then) but I would assume NC State stuck to a 2-3 zone to neutralize Drexler/Olajuwan?
actually, it was kind of hte opposite. houston was justly famous up to that point for sprinting to the rim on every play ("phi slamma jamma"). So they came out against NC State and tried to run a tight patterned offense. unbelievable misreading.
personally, yes, i am old, but i really enjoyed college ball before the shot clock. i loved the way a smart under-manned team could hold the ball and break down the defense. dean smith FTW!
also, props on mourning.
post #10055 of 18186
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

actually, it was kind of hte opposite. houston was justly famous up to that point for sprinting to the rim on every play ("phi slamma jamma"). So they came out against NC State and tried to run a tight patterned offense. unbelievable misreading.
personally, yes, i am old, but i really enjoyed college ball before the shot clock. i loved the way a smart under-manned team could hold the ball and break down the defense. dean smith FTW!
also, props on mourning.

I would think that not having the shot clock would make the game worse confused.gif I started watching college ball when the shot clock was 40 seconds and when a team was up with less than 5 minutes to go, they'd run that 4 corners offense for 35 seconds and then get a cut to the basket. Teams would score about 4 points every 5 minutes. On the other side of that, I never liked the Loyola style of play of no defense, get the rebound/made shot and shoot your shot within 5 seconds nonsense either (anyone remember Bo Kimble on the Knicks lookaround.gif). I thought that was awful. I like fundamentals being worked on in college and I think a 30-35 second shot clock is perfect for them to run good, thought out offensive sets and still have the game be relatively high scoring/exciting.
post #10056 of 18186
Speaking of the Knicks - Felton's out 4-6 weeks.
post #10057 of 18186
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

I would think that not having the shot clock would make the game worse confused.gif I started watching college ball when the shot clock was 40 seconds and when a team was up with less than 5 minutes to go, they'd run that 4 corners offense for 35 seconds and then get a cut to the basket. Teams would score about 4 points every 5 minutes. .
yeah, i liked that. sorry. like i said, definitely old school. it was definitely a different kind of basketball -- more about discipline, on the offense, of course, but also on the opposing defense, staying in your scheme, not getting frustrated.
not to say that that's the ONLY type of basketball i like, but it was a great leveller and made for some really exciting david v. goliath games.
post #10058 of 18186
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

On the other side of that, I never liked the Loyola style of play of no defense, get the rebound/made shot and shoot your shot within 5 seconds nonsense either

That was the bomb man, you kidding? Did you see the ESPN 30 for 30 on LMU? That team's fitness was incredible. LMU was something different, very exciting to watch:

post #10059 of 18186
back when i was a pup, i covered high school sports in new mexico and texas and there was a school right on the border that had an absolutely legendary basketball program that was based on exactly the same system as LMU. they ran full-court press/fast-break the entire game. And it was a little bitty oilfield town, so those kids had been running that system since they were in elementary school. it was fearsome. and fun to watch (unless you were on the other side).
post #10060 of 18186
^^ Ya, what I hear from other teams that play them is rather interesting. A Princeton type team will slow the game to a crawl to try and compete, these run and gun teams will tire you out to achieve the same ends. Its actually and interesting system to play, you base your play on the idea you'll outlast the opposition.

I do remember LMU games where the opposition were the better team and lost because they were completely blown out. It takes huge energy to play at that pace.



In other news, kinda surprised this didnt get any traction:
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Lebron James: yesterday was his 1st foul in 254 minutes.
NBA refereeing is so fucked up.

What player nominated for def player of the year has ever gone 6 1/2 entire NBA games without a foul?
post #10061 of 18186
^Tim Duncan would try and convince you that he's never committed a foul.

I rode the bench on the JV team and we played an uptempo game. We routinely ran the the varsity team off the court and finished the season on an 8 game winning streak. Practices involved a lot of running including a conditioning drill called "The Screamer".
post #10062 of 18186
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

fucking clips baby clips goddam
i like how griffin almost posterized that du and got a flagrant call LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

clippers.baby.clippers

But what about the Lakers?

Bandwagoneers
post #10063 of 18186
Lakers baby, Lakers.

Completely dismantled the Blazers. Man, its good to have an actual point guard in the fold. 6 out of 7 and counting.

Sadly, the Knicks got beat on a last second 3. I suppose its not too bad considering Fat Ray and Melo were both out.
post #10064 of 18186
LA doin it!

you guys see that chris paul juke? goddam the du went flying by after he got his ankles broke LOL!!
post #10065 of 18186
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

you guys see that chris paul juke? goddam the du went flying by after he got his ankles broke LOL!!

Wait, you mean that move on 14 time defensive player of the year Gordon Hayward? You know that modern day Scottie Pippen + Bruce Bowen superhero defender? Just want to make sure we put it in its proper context.


Like this kind of context:



Not only did he bust Jordan, he gave it to Pippen in the same game:




I think Tim Hardaway perfected the crossover move, no flash, just devastating (look what he did to Ron Harper):





LOL crossover winner has to be Jamal Crawford on Ray Allen:





Just so I dont accused of hating on CP, this was monster:





Fuck, I cant stop... remember when Jason Williams embarrassed the Glove?


Edited by idfnl - 12/29/12 at 6:36am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread