or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread - Page 668

post #10006 of 18930
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Ahh, gotcha. Though I could see the Clips going further than they did last year, just not all the way.
Though I do kind of want them to win it all so CP3 stays, I feel the same about the Lakers though so that Dwight would stay. I just have a feeling neither of those two guys would stay if they come short this year. Dwight has more chance of staying because it seems like dude is perfect for Hollywood but I could see CP3 walking away from the Clips if they do not get the chip this year.

^ i think the natural progression is for kobe to start slinging "big boy pants" public insults on howard (especially if pau is traded).... howard doesn't have gasol's thick assed tapas leather skin, and would probably wilt under that kind of pressure (since naturally the laker fans will side with kobe).

I think howard is gone even if they win a championship this year. paul is different... he most likely will stay because the team looks pretty good/young/contending at its core even if they have a stiff for a coach and a reported slumlord racist as an owner.
post #10007 of 18930
Lebron James: yesterday was his 1st foul in 254 minutes.

NBA refereeing is so fucked up.

BTW... Golden Fucking State. Blowout of Utah tonight.
Edited by idfnl - 12/26/12 at 8:03pm
post #10008 of 18930
who jr shot?
post #10009 of 18930
Knicks, baby, knicks.

J.R = just remarkable. making moves.
post #10010 of 18930
post #10011 of 18930
Thread Starter 
Eh, the Nets has sucked after a great start and are in 8th place. This team was expected to be the best in the East but is teetering in 8th place while their rivals, the Knicks are kicking ass.
post #10012 of 18930
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Nets just fired Avery Johnson. D Williams strikes again.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8783854/avery-johnson-fired-brooklyn-nets-starting-14-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

and what is up with the Nets confused.gif How does a team that start DWill, Wallace, Johnson, and Lopez with Blatche and Watson off the bench score less than 80 points? I don't think Johnson makes it to the All Star break as coach if they continue playing at this level. The owner was obviously expceting them to compete for the Eastern conference this year.


smile.gif

I did not know of DWill when he was in Utah, was he a troublemaker over there? I don't know how much of the Johnson firing is to blame on him, the team has a lot of talentand when you see them play, they don't seem to be cohesive. Even though they should be strong inside and outside, they don't seem to have an identity as a team.
post #10013 of 18930
Thread Starter 
Nah, idfnl is just reaching again hoping to trap someone. DWill likely has nothing to do with this firing and DWill only had to do with the coach firing in Utah by being a "primadonna" and Sloan being too old school just didn't want to stand for it. Actually Sloan left, not fired. In the Nets case, they just aren't performing as well as the owners (Jay-Z? lol8[1].gif ) hoped. They were probably looking for instant success after all the investment they made to the new identity, building and team/new players. Plus it's DWill who isn't even playing that great to be honest, he's been inconsistent and have been afraid to shoot the ball at times. Really doubt he had much to say in the firing of Avery.
post #10014 of 18930
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Nah, idfnl is just reaching again hoping to trap someone. DWill likely has nothing to do with this firing and DWill only had to do with the coach firing in Utah by being a "primadonna" and Sloan being too old school just didn't want to stand for it. Actually Sloan left, not fired. In the Nets case, they just aren't performing as well as the owners (Jay-Z? lol8[1].gif ) hoped. They were probably looking for instant success after all the investment they made to the new identity, building and team/new players. Plus it's DWill who isn't even playing that great to be honest, he's been inconsistent and have been afraid to shoot the ball at times. Really doubt he had much to say in the firing of Avery.

Maybe, but it did show up under D Williams on the rotoworld newswire.... smile.gif And it was his that questioned the system.


post #10015 of 18930
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Maybe, but it did show up under D Williams on the rotoworld newswire.... smile.gif And it was his that questioned the system.

Anyone who uses or knows about Rotoworld, they usually use the star players name (or whoever is performing best at the time) for team news about owners, coaches, building, etc...

Rotoworld also announced the Ind vs. Chi game being cancelled under Paul George and I doubt he had anything to do with the blizzard that hit Chicago.
post #10016 of 18930
wonder how long carlessimo will last before one of his players chokes him again?
post #10017 of 18930
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Eh, the Nets has sucked after a great start and are in 8th place. This team was expected to be the best in the East but is teetering in 8th place while their rivals, the Knicks are kicking ass.

 

By who? No sane person thought the Nets were more than a middling playoff team destined for at best a second round exit.

post #10018 of 18930
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffy View Post

By who? No sane person thought the Nets were more than a middling playoff team destined for at best a second round exit.

Owners, the same people who fired Avery.

Believe it or not, this team is being deemed a super team and while most analyst still has OKC and Heat winning the chip this year, the Nets were supposed to be one of the top 3 teams in the East. With the Pacers and Bulls struggling and Celtics cruising along, they really should be.
post #10019 of 18930
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

CP3 could go where ever a team could throw huge amounts of money at him and still be contenders, Dallas is the first team that comes to mind. They have a lot of cap room and they have been looking for that one franchise player they could sign and that is why the team is full of 1-year contracted players.
Houston would have been there too before they signed Harden. NY is always a possibility too, he always wanted to play with Melo. Orlando and Phoenix would probably highly interested too, Phoenix probably expected more than what they are getting with Dragic. Clips does look like they are getting along off the court and CPs family is probably loving LA so hopefully that is enough.

Just my opinion, but I don't think most of the teams you mentioned are anywhere close to being contenders (DAL, PHO, ORL). NYK is way over the cap and isn't going to want to trade two of the biggest contracts and can't trade the third. One consideration would be a sign and trade for Westbrook, especially if OKC or LAC doesn't win it all this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

^ i think the natural progression is for kobe to start slinging "big boy pants" public insults on howard (especially if pau is traded).... howard doesn't have gasol's thick assed tapas leather skin, and would probably wilt under that kind of pressure (since naturally the laker fans will side with kobe).
I think howard is gone even if they win a championship this year. paul is different... he most likely will stay because the team looks pretty good/young/contending at its core even if they have a stiff for a coach and a reported slumlord racist as an owner.

Howard needs to break down like LBJ did in the playoffs last year and develop a mean streak. Then threaten Kobe a la Cartwright to Jordan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffy View Post

By who? No sane person thought the Nets were more than a middling playoff team destined for at best a second round exit.

Agreed. Who the hell is supposed to score on this team besides Joe Johnson. By the shear magnitude of the dollars involved in his contract that might be one of the worst signings in NBA history. It's funny that Danny Ferry just couldn't quite get over the hump and put together a championship team for LBJ while he was in CLE, but inside of a few months on the job in ATL and he was able to get rid of two horrible contracts. Now it will be interesting to see if he can put that cap room to good use and sign some real talent.
post #10020 of 18930
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post

Just my opinion, but I don't think most of the teams you mentioned are anywhere close to being contenders (DAL, PHO, ORL). NYK is way over the cap and isn't going to want to trade two of the biggest contracts and can't trade the third. One consideration would be a sign and trade for Westbrook, especially if OKC or LAC doesn't win it all this year.

Those teams aren't contenders but they are the ones with huge pockets coming to the next season and can sign a bunch of players once they have that one core player in their team signed. Dallas has a bunch of 1-year deals and plenty of cap space from trying to get LBJ & Deron. With Dirk still int he mix, add CP3, resign Kaman and add a bunch of other good support group and with Carlisle, it can be a good contender in the West. Orlando is in the same situation, they should have plenty of cap room from getting rid of Dwight and are just looking for another player to get that team over the hump, I mean they are all scrubs in the Magic but they are only 2 games behind 8th place, the Nets. Phoenix might have less cap after signing Gortat and Dragic so they'd have to do trades to even offer CP3.


NYK is practically giving Amare away in the off-season so if anyone bites, he'll be gone for sure. Even if they don't move him, they can amnesty him (each teams get one per year, no?) to free up some $$$ if they think they could get CP3.


Again I want CP3 to stay but him only signing for 2 years tells me he hasn't made up his mind whether he wants to stay or not.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread