or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread - Page 826

post #12376 of 14471
Battier got the whole lord of the rings menu

And who the spawn of fiddy and diddy under the bron hug? FIDDIDDY SPENT
post #12377 of 14471
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbel View Post

I see Drake finally linked up with Lebron after getting rejected at the locker room doors last night.

post #12378 of 14471
lol8[1].gif
post #12379 of 14471
Been in Mourning.

Started new job, but was able to see most games in their entirety.

Observations:

Pop got out-coached at the end of Game 6.

Manu is no longer effective and needs to move on. Johnson would be a great replacement.

Leonard is a stud.

Green can be, but gets flustered too easily.

Figure 1 more year for Duncan.

The Spurs are legitimate contenders for next year, although Rivers going to the clips is signficant.
post #12380 of 14471
So...Doc to the Clippers, huh? And some journalists are saying he wanted out partly because he didn't want to coach a rebuilding team and partly because he hated Rondo.

Now I've said many times how I believe Rondo is a punk, but is he a truly horrible person or did he piss someone off in the Boston media? I remember they tried to pin Ray Allen's departure on him too
post #12381 of 14471
btw, Heat victory parade is today. Lebron haters please make sure you tune in - to see if he says something to keep the spark of hate in your cold cold hearts over the offseason lol8[1].gif
post #12382 of 14471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

How about the Bad Boys Pistons of the late 1980s? All assholes except for Joe Dumars. The only dislikeable member of the Heat is LeBron, and that's almost all due to The Decision and the pep rally, which has faded from most peoples' minds. Although LeBron's "Come at me, bro" posturing during the trophy ceremony certainly didn't endear him to anybody inclined to hate him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

yeah, i'd throw in georgetown during the thompson days, university of miami football, nevada-las vegas under tarkanian. i'd say on the whole, the heat is merely irritating. last night i hated them though.

How about the '70's Raiders?
post #12383 of 14471
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post


How about the '70's Raiders?

nod[1].gif

(But they were good!)
post #12384 of 14471
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

So...Doc to the Clippers, huh? And some journalists are saying he wanted out partly because he didn't want to coach a rebuilding team and partly because he hated Rondo.

Now I've said many times how I believe Rondo is a punk, but is he a truly horrible person or did he piss someone off in the Boston media? I remember they tried to pin Ray Allen's departure on him too


Not sure if you saw the story but allegedly Rondo went at Doc in a practice and Doc went after him like he went after Kevin Johnson when he put in elbow in docs face. Punches weren't thrown because the rest of the team intervened. Hard to see why Doc would want to continue that relationship.

Steve, don't kill yourself or anything, SA was one free throw away from winning and they just did not get the lucky break at the end that you sometimes need to win a game.

Drake looks like a nice submissive bottom in that LeBron pic.


So HRoi, does Miami sit on its laurels and just maybe make a small change in the bench or do they try and move a Bosh for some more beef inside? On the one hand they are the champs, on the other hand they get there through the skin of their teeth (although you could say the same about a lot of champs). I think Riley keeps the team intact, not sure that there is much he could do with the team but I'm sure he is already worrying about how much he can get out of Ray Allen next year and Wade's injuries.
post #12385 of 14471
You know what The Miami Herald re-printed for today? This:

post #12386 of 14471
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

So HRoi, does Miami sit on its laurels and just maybe make a small change in the bench or do they try and move a Bosh for some more beef inside? On the one hand they are the champs, on the other hand they get there through the skin of their teeth (although you could say the same about a lot of champs). I think Riley keeps the team intact, not sure that there is much he could do with the team but I'm sure he is already worrying about how much he can get out of Ray Allen next year and Wade's injuries.
It would be very, very hard to move any of the top 3 because the common perception is that they all sacrificed to be there. If they trade one it's a complete slap in the face and no player would trust Riley and Arison completely again. And the Heat are loyal to a fault as an organization.

Bosh is really tough to move because he's very unique on offense and defense, and the Heat are built around him in many ways. He's the best shooting PF/C in the league not named Dirk and he might even be the best midrange shooter regardless of position. Without him the Heat can't field a Lebron+4 floor spacers lineup that can also guard 2 traditional big men. On defense, there aren't many quick, agile, long wingspan defenders like him that work in the Heat's lightning quick rotation defense.

For both these reasons and the fact that Wade is close to untradeable in the Miami market, I think the three of them stay and Riley is left trying to make the pieces around them fit. Resigning Andersen might be the biggest task for them this offseason
post #12387 of 14471
Thread Starter 
I think the Heat is just one serviceable big man away from a 3peat if the rest of the team are intact. The big has to be able to score though and be an enforcer at the same time, 5-8 pts per game is good per 30-35 minutes. Andersen and Haslem are just not reliable enough and Bosh gets beat in the paint more often than you'd like. Hard part if finding one within their very small budget.
post #12388 of 14471
Riley needs to get Greg Oden
I'm not sure if wades knee is just a short term thing or the start of his decline but they can maybe sit him out a few games next season so the regular season isn't as grueling
post #12389 of 14471
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

I think the Heat is just one serviceable big man away from a 3peat if the rest of the team are intact. The big has to be able to score though and be an enforcer at the same time, 5-8 pts per game is good per 30-35 minutes. Andersen and Haslem are just not reliable enough and Bosh gets beat in the paint more often than you'd like. Hard part if finding one within their very small budget.
Exactly. Or Bosh just needs to rebound like he did in the Finals (but I guess that's still suicide against the Pacers or Lakers).

The big cant just be a scorer though. He has to specifically be a scorer from midrange plus. Or else it completely mucks up the Heat spacing, which was their downfall against smart defensive teams like Chicago, Indiana and San Antonio. If they could afford David West he'd be perfect but that's wishful thinking

Bosh for Dirk? laugh.gif
post #12390 of 14471
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Exactly. Or Bosh just needs to rebound like he did in the Finals (but I guess that's still suicide against the Pacers or Lakers).

The big cant just be a scorer though. He has to specifically be a scorer from midrange plus. Or else it completely mucks up the Heat spacing, which was their downfall against smart defensive teams like Chicago, Indiana and San Antonio. If they could afford David West he'd be perfect but that's wishful thinking

Bosh for Dirk? laugh.gif

I think only the celtics have made 4 consecutive finals. Its been done thrice (I love the word thrice). The celtics made the finals from 1957-1966 (so more than twice in that spaaaaaaaaan of finals appearances) , then 1984-1987.

The heat are prohibitive favorites to do it, but there are some real contenders coming out of the east (indiana and chicago) as well as powerhouses out of the west.

I have a feeling the heat may strike gold with greg oden. battier must be on his last legs...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread