or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread - Page 740

post #11086 of 17263
Thread Starter 
Eh, Chandler and Melo playing doesn't mean they are 100%, knee injuries linger and it is even bad when they had to drain it so Melo will have to deal with that the rest of the season. Oh and Felton is fat again. Dude was dying of exhaustion in the game against Portland. Commentators even called him out on it, I get it that he is hurt but stay on the threadmill everyday and eat well for gods sake, keep your stamina up and weight down.

Beating teams in the season means nothing either, I'd still take Miami over the NY just by how they are playing right now.

Clippers always beat the Spurs (by a blowout at items too) in the regular season but if I were a betting man, I wouldn't pick the Clippers to win a 7 game series unless Duncan, Parker and Manu are all out.
post #11087 of 17263
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

knicks, baby knicks. The streak is at 1

smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

not to wish ill on anyone ... well, ok on the celtics or the heat, but no one else ... the thing to remember about the nba is that all it takes is one bad landing to change the whole season. most teams really have 3 main cogs. lose one of them and that's deadly.

The Lakers have more I think, but Maybe no one counts Nash certainly not this season. Spurs have 3 but they don't need more than 2 at any one time anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

the grizzlies and nuggets are actually legit championship contenders right now.

one of my dream finals this year would be the nuggets vs the heat where all the scores are at least in the 120's and it goes 7 games with the heat losing because Lebron has too much muscle mass that can't be adequately oxygenated in the high altitude and he gets massive cramps and ends up fainting on court. bounce2.gif

The nuggets???
post #11088 of 17263
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Eh, Chandler and Melo playing doesn't mean they are 100%, knee injuries linger and it is even bad when they had to drain it so Melo will have to deal with that the rest of the season. Oh and Felton is fat again. Dude was dying of exhaustion in the game against Portland. Commentators even called him out on it, I get it that he is hurt but stay on the threadmill everyday and eat well for gods sake, keep your stamina up and weight down.

Beating teams in the season means nothing either, I'd still take Miami over the NY just by how they are playing right now.

Clippers always beat the Spurs (by a blowout at items too) in the regular season but if I were a betting man, I wouldn't pick the Clippers to win a 7 game series unless Duncan, Parker and Manu are all out.

Not true.

1 blowout for each team.

1 5 pt loss for SA. Game 3/29.

And fuck you for beating me so bad in fantasy.
post #11089 of 17263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post

smile.gif
The Lakers have more I think, but Maybe no one counts Nash certainly not this season. Spurs have 3 but they don't need more than 2 at any one time anymore.
The nuggets???
i was thinking specifically of hte lakers. fun fact: howard, nash, bryant, gasol and steve blake -- 5 of the top 7 players -- have played together exactly one game this year.
post #11090 of 17263
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

the grizzlies and nuggets are actually legit championship contenders right now.

one of my dream finals this year would be the nuggets vs the heat where all the scores are at least in the 120's and it goes 7 games with the heat losing because Lebron has too much muscle mass that can't be adequately oxygenated in the high altitude and he gets massive cramps and ends up fainting on court. bounce2.gif

Make it so.
post #11091 of 17263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post


The nuggets???

Definitely. Most athletic team in the NBA. Beat OKC the other night. Solid team. Way underrated.
post #11092 of 17263
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post

Not true.

1 blowout for each team.

1 5 pt loss for SA. Game 3/29.

And fuck you for beating me so bad in fantasy.

By "Clippers beat the Spurs by a blowout" I meant at least once every season not just this season, even before CP3 came, iirc they pretty much just beat each other by blowouts at least once each season.


Alos, I beat you by 6-3 points and we ended up tied in our season record. I only got 5th place because I won 6-3 and our first meeting you beat me 5-4. So it was just a very slight advantage, doesn't get any close than that. Lawson is hurt all of a sudden though so I am shit out of luck.
post #11093 of 17263
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Definitely. Most athletic team in the NBA. Beat OKC the other night. Solid team. Way underrated.


lol8[1].gif Nuggest aren't underrated, everyone ranked them pretty high in the beginning of the season, maybe not as high as OKC and Spurs but they are up there and one of the deepest. Their main concern is that there isn't a one big star that could take that last shot but this team isn't flying low on the radar at all. If anything their start was a disappointment. Understandable though since Chanlder and Gallo were hurt and Iggy was still getting accustomed but they are clicking now.
post #11094 of 17263

"We're not a contending team," said Ujiri. "We also need to be patient as a team, organization, to grow a little bit."

 

I think the reason a lot of people had low expectations for the Nuggets and consider them underrated now is because their own GM said they can't contend.

post #11095 of 17263
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

lol8[1].gif Nuggest aren't underrated, everyone ranked them pretty high in the beginning of the season, maybe not as high as OKC and Spurs but they are up there and one of the deepest. Their main concern is that there isn't a one big star that could take that last shot but this team isn't flying low on the radar at all. If anything their start was a disappointment. Understandable though since Chanlder and Gallo were hurt and Iggy was still getting accustomed but they are clicking now.

You give me a lol8[1].gif when other folks are saying "Nuggets??" as if to say "you serious??"... I don't get your post.
post #11096 of 17263
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

By "Clippers beat the Spurs by a blowout" I meant at least once every season not just this season, even before CP3 came, iirc they pretty much just beat each other by blowouts at least once each season.


Alos, I beat you by 6-3 points and we ended up tied in our season record. I only got 5th place because I won 6-3 and our first meeting you beat me 5-4. So it was just a very slight advantage, doesn't get any close than that. Lawson is hurt all of a sudden though so I am shit out of luck.

Sorry. I confused you with that bastard NAMOR. smile.gif
post #11097 of 17263
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Definitely. Most athletic team in the NBA. Beat OKC the other night. Solid team. Way underrated.

So they beat OKC and now they're a contender???

They need to win on the road and at (currently) no. 5 they're not going to get as many home games.
post #11098 of 17263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post

So they beat OKC and now they're a contender???

They need to win on the road and at (currently) no. 5 they're not going to get as many home games.

I didn't say that. I was providing an example. They've won 14 games in a row. Only one other team in the league in better form at the moment. Nobody wants to see Denver in the playoffs.

Speaking of playoffs, someone's getting smoked 7-2 and taking it out on poor me.
post #11099 of 17263
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

I didn't say that. I was providing an example. They've won 14 games in a row. Only one other team in the league in better form at the moment. Nobody wants to see Denver in the playoffs.

Speaking of playoffs, someone's getting smoked 7-2 and taking it out on poor me.

San Antonio's in a much better position. They won 9 of 12 games without Tony Parker. Are 5 up on Denver and have a road record almost as good as their home record.

Denver will lose in the 2nd round.

OKC and SA will play for the mini chip.

After losing Kyrie Irving and Varejao, I didn't figure to win any playoff games.

And finished 9 games and 3 places ahead of you.

And whined A WHOLE LOT LESS.
post #11100 of 17263
i think memphis could turn out to be the stumbling block this year. denver on a good night can beat anybody. memphis is much more solid, though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread