games like last nights Celtics vs Knicks are when I start to believe the NBA really is fixing games.
- Marv Albert openly complained about crowd noise being channelled through the speakers of the stadium even boos.
- i think they channeled the noise in to actually stifle any type of vicious organized chants towards Carmelo
- its obvious there was a crack down on any "honey nut cheerios" types of chants, signs, or anything by security too.
- both teams were weirdly non physical or anything. they clearly were warned before the game not to start anything
-Joe Crawford, Dick Bavetta, Marat Kogut refereed the game. Dick Bavetta is the usual ref called in to ref games where the higher ups want the game manipulated
- its like the kept the game purposely close to avoid any type of ruckus from the crowd or players. One team would go on a run then the refs would start calling fouls to let the other team catch up.
I really hope when the new commissioner takes over he lets the game play out like it should. Maybe they'll start curtailing the superstar calls and open biases w/ refs and teams (like Crawford and the Spurs or Kennedy with the Celtics). I really hate to think I've been duped into watching a glorified form of professional wrestling.