or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread - Page 672

post #10066 of 14637
Crossovers only mean shit if it leads to a score. AI and Cp3 don't have a problem with this, but white chocolate was infamous for launching a terrible off balance jumpshot off a crossover or missing a layup.

Shit, this takes me back to when AI entered the league...I refused to play playground ball because dudes were too busy trying to cross their man over to actually, you know, play the fucking game
post #10067 of 14637
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Crossovers only mean shit if it leads to a score. AI and Cp3 don't have a problem with this, but white chocolate was infamous for launching a terrible off balance jumpshot off a crossover or missing a layup.
Shit, this takes me back to when AI entered the league...I refused to play playground ball because dudes were too busy trying to cross their man over to actually, you know, play the fucking game

Did you grow up in the 50's? Since when has playground ball not been all about ball hogs?

I eventually started renting out gyms with friends, that playground shit is usually pretty crappy. And risky. Once this motherfucker tried to clothesline me on a free path layup. Asshole missed and knocked out my nose ring, luckily it didn't rip but hurt like hell. Lost the stud too.
post #10068 of 14637
Feel free to look up the year that AI entered the league. I don't mean ball hogging, I mean, the act of the crossover was more important to these dudes than anything else, including scoring. The fucking games would never end. It became even worse when all that And1 bullshit came out

This was in SoCal where I knew where to find the good games where people weren't ultra selfish and the regulars all knew each other and liked playing together. Even those runs started getting fucked up by the And1 douches
post #10069 of 14637
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Feel free to look up the year that AI entered the league. I don't mean ball hogging, I mean, the act of the crossover was more important to these dudes than anything else, including scoring. The fucking games would never end. It became even worse when all that And1 bullshit came out
This was in SoCal where I knew where to find the good games where people weren't ultra selfish and the regulars all knew each other and liked playing together. Even those runs started getting fucked up by the And1 douches

lol8[1].gif

I'm fucking with you, I know exactly what you're talking about. I grew up in DC, AI's backyard. You think that shit was bad in CA? Fuck man, these idiots would do it with their shoes all loosened and untied, occasionally falling off. Then others with their ass pants on the ground with underwear showing. Big gold chains and medallions too.

Those fuckers used to call me Kukoc because I used to link up play but it was really just a pass from yahoo 1 to yahoo 2 who had an open shot but instead would proceed to show off his latest move. And god forbid me the whitey fucking ask them to shoot.

You're bringing back memories here, ha ha, I remember getting so sick of it I went to the court alone one day and just practiced a crossover until I had it down then went to the court and started doing the same shit but holding the ball like 3x as long. Once I had a little kid guarding me and I must have spun him around for about a minute strait until someone finally came in with some help defense. Dummy left his man under the basket though to double me and it was easy pickings to drop the ball underneath for 2. They switched the little kid off of me after that, not because I was balling but because the other cowboys weren't getting their touches.

Then there was this other time I went to a court with a friend and we were pick n rolling, setting screens and shit and the punks started saying 'damn, they think they in college or something'.

There was another time I was on a cruise ship and played with a bunch of randoms, at one point I was left to guard this girl and she started to back me down so her ass was all in my crotch and some cowboy yells 'damn', a minute later her father pulls her off the court and I'm left to be the fucking perv on the court.
post #10070 of 14637
That Knick game was heartbreaking at the end but Sacramento deserved to win considering the Knicks were so lousy in the first half. I'm really liking Copeland, the guy is an offensive machine.

I think Hardaway had the best crossover given that he wasn't really a fast guy, you knew it was coming and he still broke you off and almost always did it to get to the basket and score. A lot of people do crossovers just to do crossovers. You guys think you had it bad in the playground, I was playing with dudes that would cross you, get passed you and then come back out again just to do the crossover again rolleyes.gif
post #10071 of 14637
lol8[1].gif

God I used to love crossing people up.

I used to actually like the warriors (wasn't a supporting fan or anything) back when hardaway and mullen were on there. Cali baby.

Iverson had the most devastating moves and his ability to pour in the points was beyond ridiculous.
post #10072 of 14637
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

lol8[1].gif
God I used to love crossing people up.

Sup? You old? Shit, I'm 40 and I can still scrape eyebrows going past. I'm quick over a yard, as they say but cant jump anymore. That's the thing that sucks about old man ball, you cant jump. I'm mastering the standing rebound... you give the guy some ass so he cant elevate and let it roll over his head, then catch it or let it bounce if theres space.

Best move I ever made was at the courts outside of the bball practice facility outside of Georgetown Univ. This dude was quick and was schooling me. I was in the corner, crossed him left to make some space on the end line and then went behind the back and tiptoed the line for 2 steps to the rim - then missed the fucking shot. I could jump back then and finger rolled that shit perfectly except it needed another 1/4 inch. Ball thought about rolling over into the net but ball dont lie. I was like 24. Story of my bball life.
post #10073 of 14637
I would love to play ball with you guys and pull up with all the J's in your face
post #10074 of 14637
Thread Starter 
Clippers Baby Clippers!

17 straight wins and undefeated in Dec.




What happened to the Celts, cant even beat the Kings.
post #10075 of 14637
Lakers suck so the LA fans who leave in the 3rd quarter jump on the Clipper bandwagon.

Pathetic.
post #10076 of 14637
fucking LA baby LA gotta love it
post #10077 of 14637
Is VDN actually a good coach?
post #10078 of 14637
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post

Lakers suck so the LA fans who leave in the 3rd quarter jump on the Clipper bandwagon.
Pathetic.

Be quiet. I've been cheering for the Lakers and Clips for practically my whole life. Just worry about your Spurs and if they will ever win another championship again.
post #10079 of 14637
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Clippers Baby Clippers!
17 straight wins and undefeated in Dec.
What happened to the Celts, cant even beat the Kings.

I'm fine with the C's actually going into rebuild mode quickly. Hell if they can trade rondo for a plethora of potential lottery picks even better! because there's no way in hell they are beating the heat if the make it into the playoffs. The last stand was last year and it was pretty close when they took their semi shitty veteran pupu platter squad into that game 6 looking like they'd actually make the finals. Now its just foolish to go over the salary cap and make trades to take on even more money.
post #10080 of 14637
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

I'm fine with the C's actually going into rebuild mode quickly. Hell if they can trade rondo for a plethora of potential lottery picks even better! because there's no way in hell they are beating the heat if the make it into the playoffs. The last stand was last year and it was pretty close when they took their semi shitty veteran pupu platter squad into that game 6 looking like they'd actually make the finals. Now its just foolish to go over the salary cap and make trades to take on even more money.

Only trade on the cards I know of is Rondo for Cousins. One bad attitude for another.

I don't think the Celtics should do that. KG and Pierce easily have 3 years in them, Rondo is in his prime. Bradley can guard. Sullinger has shown glimpses. There is potential there. If there was a way they could get Cousins w/o moving Rondo, but that guy is talent but is also poison.

Destruct buttons don't always work. And then when a guy is ready to break out its a contract year and goodbye. That's why having those vets around off the bench is gold.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread