or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Non high end fragrance help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non high end fragrance help - Page 2

post #16 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Pussycat gave me a bottle of Live Jazz, and it's by far my favorite yet. She also gave me a bottle of YSL Body Kouros, which strikes me as an excellent scent for younger men. Being a very young 40-something, I use it as my weekend scent.

my personal rule is, if my wife gives it to me, i wear it.

as luck would have it, she never gives me colognes.
post #17 of 31
burberry brit
post #18 of 31
I wasn't joking, I actually like the smell of Old Spice, I'm just embarrased to admit it sometimes because of the baggage it has as being for "old man" heh.

I use Dr. Bronners Peppermint sometimes, for that tingly clean feeling all the way down to the bottom of my balls. I don't think soap smell really lasts though, or is noticeable to anyone else....unless you just don't rinse it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin
I am an advocate of the smell of soap. If you're feeling peppery, you can always use Dr. Bronner's.
post #19 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn
I don't think soap smell really lasts though, or is noticeable to anyone else....unless you just don't rinse it off.
That is the problem with using just soap. On most people I've seen, the fragrance from the soap only lasts about two hours before it fades away. Cologne tends to hold all day.
post #20 of 31
I like Old Spice, too. Always have. If it weren't a good product, Old Spice would have left the drugstore shelves, decades ago.

Regarding lasting power: Remember, if you use a deodorant soap, not only will the deodorant inhibit body odor, ANY odor will be cut back, including your selected fragrance.

Another lower priced fragrance that I've always liked, is 4711. Doesn't last long, but very refreshing, classic, and stylish.
post #21 of 31
Personal fave - Platinum Egoiste (Chanel) - wore that for years and stopped when I got married and she now buys other scents for me. I may get a bottle again.

Herrerra for Men was great for dating. Women found it appealing.

The Mrs. gave me Paris Hilton for Men not too long ago. For revenge, I wore it a few times and then hung around her.
post #22 of 31
drakkar noir.
post #23 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler
burberry brit

you know, I think Brit may be exactly what the OP is looking for
post #24 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
you know, I think Brit may be exactly what the OP is looking for

Hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day!
post #25 of 31
I would think that Brit might be a bit spicy? For a fresh scent, how about M7 Fresh!?
post #26 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I would think that Brit might be a bit spicy? For a fresh scent, how about M7 Fresh!?

I agree. Rereading his post, it may be too sweet in the basenote too.

but come now, m7 fresh?? Isn't it a bit cruel to send him on a wild goose-chase for something that won't ever be found (Except if he lives in the U.K. or Greece, AFAIK). He wants NON-high end. Ive seen m7 fresh on ebay go for $75+ for 100mls.
post #27 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
I agree. Rereading his post, it may be too sweet in the basenote too. but come now, m7 fresh?? Isn't it a bit cruel to send him on a wild goose-chase for something that won't ever be found (Except if he lives in the U.K. or Greece, AFAIK). He wants NON-high end. Ive seen m7 fresh on ebay go for $75+ for 100mls.
I haven't been involved in the fragrance industry lately so I didn't know it was so hard to get. Do they still make it in the UK/Greece? That makes me sad, it's one of my fav scents and I think I sold a 100 ml bottle of it for $30 or something a few years ago. Good thing I still have another thats nearly full.
post #28 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I haven't been involved in the fragrance industry lately so I didn't know it was so hard to get. Do they still make it in the UK/Greece? That makes me sad, it's one of my fav scents and I think I sold a 100 ml bottle of it for $30 or something a few years ago. Good thing I still have another thats nearly full.

No, its an issue of distribution. YSL never released M7 fresh in the states because m7 was such a flop here (American tastes being geared toward bland, inoffensive Eaux du Hygiene). It is supposedly easy to find in Europe, but the only places where it is verifiably commonly stocked on store shelves seems to be the UK and Greece. I've heard reports of it in Copenhagen, but not conclusively. Other Danes I know say they have never seen it.

As I know you you know, drizzt, this sh*t is the real deal.
post #29 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
No, its an issue of distribution. YSL never released M7 fresh in the states because m7 was such a flop here (American tastes being geared toward bland, inoffensive Eaux du Hygiene). It is supposedly easy to find in Europe, but the only places where it is verifiably commonly stocked on store shelves seems to be the UK and Greece. I've heard reports of it in Copenhagen, but not conclusively. Other Danes I know say they have never seen it.

As I know you you know, drizzt, this sh*t is the real deal.

That's weird because I bought mine at the YSL store in Honolulu a few years ago. Do you think they'll still sell it at YSL boutiques in the US?
post #30 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
That's weird because I bought mine at the YSL store in Honolulu a few years ago. Do you think they'll still sell it at YSL boutiques in the US?

nope they don't. At least, not at any YSL boutique I have ever been to stateside. Im surprised that they had it in Hamaii, as I was under the impression it was never released here. Maybe Hawaii is considered by YSL to be a different market from N. America? I don't have any actual first hand inside knoweldge from within YSL, all I know is from talking with european frag-addicts and reading the various conspiracy theories as to m7 fresh's phantom-like existence which circulate on Basenotes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Non high end fragrance help