or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Are college athletics good or bad?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are college athletics good or bad? - Page 8

post #106 of 240
Do you idiots also think the Bellagio loses money by comping suites?
post #107 of 240
Quote:
But economists have found it difficult to quantify a link between investing in a high-profile athletic program and reaping presumed benefits, like alumni donations or higher application rates. "If there's any effect, it's a blip: it doesn't persist," said Jonathan Orszag, an economist who has evaluated such issues for the N.C.A.A.

Are you seriously going to compare the gaming industry's profits with college sports?
post #108 of 240
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post
Guys guys, rjp-nut's made up his mind. We should just accept his beliefs. Underlined sections are pure lulz.
i don't think you're very smart, so i won't respond to any of that. i stopped caring about your post when you nitpicked about me saying that students go to college for an education, and you corrected me by saying that they go because they want to get a degree for a job. that's obvious, you asshole. of course thats what i meant. i think you're a huge tool. just the fact that you pointed out all of my typos shows you're a huge douchebag. i was smoking a cigar, eating, drinking, and watching football, all while typing either on a laptop or my cell phone. i dont proofread this shit.
post #109 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjakapeanut View Post
i don't think you're very smart, so i won't respond to any of that. i stopped caring about your post when you nitpicked about me saying that students go to college for an education, and you corrected me by saying that they go because they want to get a degree for a job.

that's obvious, you asshole. of course thats what i meant.

i think you're a huge tool.

because let's face it. Kids don't care if they learn shit in college, they want a fucking degree. I know this because it wasn't too long ago that I was there. And the biggest shit people bitch about is having to fucking do classwork.

Education=/=getting a degree.
post #110 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjakapeanut View Post
i don't think you're very smart, so i won't respond to any of that. i stopped caring about your post when you nitpicked about me saying that students go to college for an education, and you corrected me by saying that they go because they want to get a degree for a job.

that's obvious, you asshole. of course thats what i meant.

i think you're a huge tool.

Education != degree mill in any way, shape, or form. What school did you go to again? Clearly their writing department needs to be revamped.
post #111 of 240
Thread Starter 
yes because clearly when im typing on an internet messageboard i must worry about how i type? lol as if homie. i'm actually an english major, so i'm a complete beast at writing. my shit is flawless. but typing on here is the same as scribbling a note down on a post it note. i just write down whats up and i dont look twice. more ad hominem homie.
post #112 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjakapeanut View Post
yes because clearly when im typing on an internet messageboard i must worry about how i type?

lol as if homie. i'm actually an english major, so i'm a complete beast at writing. my shit is flawless.

but typing on here is the same as scribbling a note down on a post it note. i just write down whats up and i dont look twice.

more ad hominem homie.

I was an English major once. Then I realized I needed to earn money.
post #113 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
I was an English major once. Then I realized I needed to earn money.

There's law school.................................. homie.
post #114 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjakapeanut View Post
yes because clearly when im typing on an internet messageboard i must worry about how i type?

lol as if homie. i'm actually an english major, so i'm a complete beast at writing. my shit is flawless.

but typing on here is the same as scribbling a note down on a post it note. i just write down whats up and i dont look twice.

more ad hominem homie.
If you're trying to have a semi-intelligent conversation/debate with a group of people, it's helpful to not be: A. really dumb, and B. perceived as really dumb. You already failed at A, failing at B only makes your argument that much more worthless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
I was an English major once. Then I realized I needed to earn money.
You've got it all wrong, bro. You just need to bitch about your school's athletics. It'll get you everything you need.
post #115 of 240
I can solve this argument with my usual flawless logic: men love football women love men men love sports women love men men who play sports tend to be in shape women love men who are in shape men who play sports are jocks women love jocks men who love sports are passionate women love men who are passionate, even if its about dumb ass shit like football lesbos play sports women love lesbos tailgating is fun women love to party after the game, people party women love to party there is alcohol served at tailgate parties women love alcohol
post #116 of 240
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post
If you're trying to have a semi-intelligent conversation/debate with a group of people, it's helpful to not be: A. really dumb, and B. perceived as really dumb. You already failed at A, failing at B only makes your argument that much more worthless. You've got it all wrong, bro. You just need to bitch about your school's athletics. It'll get you everything you need.
prove that i'm dumb. what is so dumb about the comments i've made?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
I was an English major once. Then I realized I needed to earn money.
law school, player.
post #117 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
I can solve this argument with my usual flawless logic:

men love football
women love men

men love sports
women love men

men who play sports tend to be in shape
women love men who are in shape

men who play sports are jocks
women love jocks

men who love sports are passionate
women love men who are passionate, even if its about dumb ass shit like football

lesbos play sports
women love lesbos

tailgating is fun
women love to party

after the game, people party
women love to party

there is alcohol served at tailgate parties
women love alcohol

And that's why we have college athletics! You can't beat the flawless logic.
post #118 of 240
99.99% of colleges are a total joke anyway, they should spend all their $$ on sports. we could just convert the entire so called "education system" into a post apocalyptic gladiator game
post #119 of 240
wow at this whole thread.... Let's recap: -people who don't understand the classical definition of a "college" -people who claim to have access to credible information that the rest of us dummies just don't know because we don't hang out with presidents of state-wide university systems who apparently tell naive undergrads about fraud within the system that they personally perpetuate -some really nice photos posted by vox Ok, i'm out.
post #120 of 240
^ What flambeur said.... Here I was thinking this thread was going to die at page 2. Its turned into a massive jock vs. nerd dickslapping fest.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Are college athletics good or bad?