or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Woody Allen as a style icon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woody Allen as a style icon - Page 3

post #31 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
What's Andre Previn doing in there? You edit to quick

Let me take you through it.

1. Mia Farrow and André Previn adopt a seven year old Korean girl named Soon-Yi.



2. Mia Farrow's new boyfriend, Woody Allen, bounces Soon-Yi on his knee.



3. It's a happy family.



4. Woody has moved on, but not far.



5. Hey, new wife...I guess, technically not a daughter.



Hmmm...shall we move on to Morgan Freeman?



- B
post #32 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Stalking? I'd posted in thread before you, I saw your post, thought it was a bit heavy handed, so I thought I'd tease you.

Haven't we been here before? The Harvard thread IIRC?

Yes, we have been here before, because you continue to do it (here and elsewhere) and when called on it, you go on the attack. I get that you don't like me. As I have made clear, I don't like you either. But I have been able to co-exist with you and worse than you. You are the one who likes to start trash constantly. Sometimes people hit back. Consider it a cost of doing business.
post #33 of 128
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Are you fucking kidding? So now referring to the USA as "America" = calling black people n!gg3rs? Really?

You are seriously coming off like a total fool.

No, you are. Because you are once again failing to make basic inferences in first-order logic. I simply pointed out that the fact that a word has been used in a certain way for centuries is not a sufficient reason to justify that use. Otherwise the use of the n-word would be justified. Do you get it now or should I make it into a neat syllogism for you?
post #34 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Yes, we have been here before, because you continue to do it (here and elsewhere) and when called on it, you go on the attack. I get that you don't like me. As I have made clear, I don't like you either. But I have been able to co-exist with you and worse than you. You are the one who likes to start trash constantly. Sometimes people hit back. Consider it a cost of doing business.
Whoa, this thread is moving to quick. Firstly, where did Radicaldog call you a Nazi. Now be gentle with me because I know fuck all about American politics.
post #35 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaldog View Post
No, you are. Because you are once again failing to make basic inferences in first-order logic. I simply pointed out that the fact that a word has been used in a certain way for centuries is not a sufficient reason to justify that use. Otherwise the use of the n-word would be justified. Do you get it now or should I make it into a neat syllogism for you?

Keep digging.

Hey, two days ago President Obama said "America" -- meaning the USA -- in a speech three times. Is he "racist"? Did you write a letter to the White House? Or do you only get upset when I do it?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...dent-dnc-event

Any weapon at hand.
post #36 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Let me take you through it. 1. Mia Farrow and André Previn adopt a seven year old Korean girl named Soon-Yi. 2. Mia Farrow's new boyfriend, Woody Allen, bounces Soon-Yi on his knee. 3. It's a happy family. 4. Woody has moved on, but not far. 5. Hey, new wife...I guess, technically not a daughter. Hmmm...shall we move on to Morgan Freeman? - B
Wake me up when you get to Kevin Bacon.
post #37 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Firstly, where did Radicaldog call you a Nazi. Now be gentle with me because I know fuck all about American politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaldog View Post
And try rolling your eyes at people from Latin America. Not that you'd realise they are people, but still.

You get the analogy, right?
post #38 of 128
Thread Starter 
P.S. Look, Manton, I did't want to pick a fight with you. It's just that you made a very dismissive and condescending remark at the beginning of this thread, and I'm not the sort of person who lets that go, for better or worse. But I don't think I've got the patience to keep at this for much longer, especially if you keep ignoring the substance of my replies to you.

Seriously though, I really have no deep-seated dislike of you or anything of that sort. You make great contributions to this forum (and some not-so-great ones) and I enjoyed your sartorial Machiavelli pastiche. Yes, I find your politics repugnant and your day job morally bankrupt, and I admit that those views colour my responses to you in non-sartorial matters, but there isn't much point in dragging this on. After all we're here for sartorial matters, not politics.
post #39 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
You get the analogy, right?
Hold on, I posted my large smiley before that. I think the comment about America being a continent was bit pedantic to be honest, I use the term America to mean the U.S all the time. I don't know what your politics are and I don't care. I don't get involved in political discussions.
post #40 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaldog View Post
P.S. Look, Manton, I did't want to pick a fight with you. It's just that you made a very dismissive and condescending remark at the beginning of this thread.
What you said was factually incorrect. If it's important for you to believe faleshoods, then just ignore me.
post #41 of 128
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
You get the analogy, right?

There is this figure of speech called hyperbole, y'know. It's quite uncharitable to read my words so literally. If I called you a Nazi I'd owe you an apology, but I didn't.
post #42 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Hold on, I posted my large smiley before that.

I think the comment about America being a continent was bit pedantic to be honest, I use the term America to mean the U.S all the time.

I don't know what your politics are and I don't care. I don't get involved in political discussions.

You are a funny guy. You seem to get in over your head a lot and try to back out nonchalantly. Which is fine with me.
post #43 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaldog View Post
There is this figure of speech called hyperbole, y'know. It's quite uncharitable to read my words so literally. If I called you a Nazi I'd owe you an apology, but I didn't.

Right, you say that I think a whole class of people are not human, but that's just fair game. I point out that certain demographic assumptions of yours are out of date and I am a huge asshole.

Being on the left means never having to say you're sorry. Being on the right means that even if you are right about a small point of fact you are Hitler.
post #44 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Hmmm...shall we move on to Morgan Freeman?
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Wake me up when you get to Kevin Bacon.
I've heard whispers about Morgan Freeman but nothing about Kevin Bacon -- and a cursory perusal of Wikipedia turned up nothing scandalous about either of them. Care to spill? I did, however, come across this gem of a quote on Woody Allen's page:
Quote:
Allen and Farrow's biological son, Ronan Seamus Farrow, said of Allen: "He's my father married to my sister. That makes me his son and his brother-in-law. That is such a moral transgression. I cannot see him. I cannot have a relationship with my father and be morally consistent...I lived with all these adopted children, so they are my family. To say Soon-Yi was not my sister is an insult to all adopted children."[72]
What a freakshow (Woody, not the poor son). He annoys me as a man and as an actor, irks me as a celebrity, vexes me as a director, and infuriates me as someone who is wealthy beyond my comprehension.
post #45 of 128
Thank you, Woody:






- B
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Woody Allen as a style icon