Originally Posted by apocalypse later
1. Learn how to manage your time. You can have a 4.0 in a difficult major, party your ass off and have ton of friends, keep in shape, and be outside activities in college if you just figure out how to study efficiently and have the "don't waste time" attitude.
2. Stop watching sports unless you're hanging out with people. You can watch the highlights of baseball games, no need to sit through them. And it's not worth multi-tasking during them, you won't get anything done.
3. Don't try and be the white knight. If a girl is damaged, let her down easy and move on to one that's emotionally stable.
4. Don't play video games. They're a gigantic waste of time.
5. Don't buy so much stuff. You end up selling it all anyways and regret that you didn't go on trips or spend it on binge drinking.
6. Move to a city with good public transit and find a job with a short commute.
7. Don't live in DC. The women are AWFUL.
8. Travel internationally every year. No matter what.
9. Always be juggling a couple personal projects. Do things like reading a book a week, cooking a new meal every night, and something else you've always wanted to learn. The internet is a huge obstacle to doing stuff like this--if you get off it it's amazing what you can accomplish.
10. Before your second corporate job, take 3 months off and travel. You can tell your next employer it's something you always wanted to do and now you're fresh and ready to go. It's not like you lose all business knowledge once you go off for a little while.