or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Most Handwork on a Suit?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Most Handwork on a Suit?

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
By Liverano & Liverano.

More than the Kiton K-50.

"He is also one of the few tailors who treasured the techniques and the secrets of tailoring as art. It takes 70 hours to make a Liverano suit. As every artist, also Liverano is very proud of his secrets and wants to keep this core of his creativity"

What you think about this?
post #2 of 16
What's the price point?
post #3 of 16
Having everything hand made is not necessary for a suit to be the best quality. Often it seems more like bragging rights.
post #4 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
What's the price point?


You would have to take a trip to Florence to see this man's work.

He makes ties; suits and shirts.

his suits are quite a sight.

www.liverano.com
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovan
Having everything hand made is not necessary for a suit to be the best quality. Often it seems more like bragging rights.

I must say, the one Liverano piece I have, a Navy Blazer, is quite nice. It retailed at Saks main store for $2800. I bought it at off 5th for considerably less. It is the best fitting coat I have out of Isaia, Brioni, Oxxford Crest, and RLPL. Unfortunately, no Kiton to compare it to though. It molds to my body better than anything I have. I would give it a ringing endorsement, FWIW.
post #6 of 16
...
post #7 of 16
Like the K-50, it is most likely another marketing thing, as there are numerous places you could go and get a suit that takes 50 hours or more to make.
post #8 of 16
I must say Chris, you find some obscure clothiers.
post #9 of 16
...
post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I must say Chris, you find some obscure clothiers.


Hmm; I find brands of clothing that aren't big names; yet look great. So you guys can enjoy what I find.
post #11 of 16
I'm not suggesting it is a bad thing...I appreciate your efforts.

It is hard to determine if they do have the best handwork. Maybe they do.
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I'm not suggesting it is a bad thing...I appreciate your efforts.

It is hard to determine if they do have the best handwork. Maybe they do.


Yes and thank you for the words.


Question for all you suit guys;

Does having handwork or the more or lack of it; a better fit than say a Brioni or Kiton or Borrelli RTW?
post #13 of 16
Liverano is one of the most important tailor in Florence. (either Liverano or Loris Vestrucci).
post #14 of 16
I'm familair with Liverano & Liverano.

They have a retail presence in Japan although not in the US.
post #15 of 16
Quote:
I must say, the one Liverano piece I have, a Navy Blazer, is quite nice. It retailed at Saks main store for $2800. I bought it at off 5th for considerably less. It is the best fitting coat I have out of Isaia, Brioni, Oxxford Crest, and RLPL. Unfortunately, no Kiton to compare it to though. It molds to my body better than anything I have. I would give it a ringing endorsement, FWIW.

I've yet to see a RTW Liverano coat. I'm sure they are very nice, but not the same thing as the bespoke suits Chris is talking about.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Most Handwork on a Suit?