or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Search for Tubo (R.I.P., Tubo)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Search for Tubo (R.I.P., Tubo) - Page 7

post #91 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post
Attachment 50243


- did you call bergdorf? they list stanley korshak as well....

they probably mark up =)
post #92 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post
Attachment 50243


- did you call bergdorf? they list stanley korshak as well....
Thanks for the tip, I didn't know this.
post #93 of 176
Thread Starter 
Bergdorf won't order what they don't have.
post #94 of 176
Have you considered W. Kleinberg in Atlanta? Really nice stuff, and they can do most any sort of request... Call Diana: 888.404-7107.
post #95 of 176
BB carried them briefly in 2008 but they sold out quickly, so I missed out.
post #96 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
Have you considered W. Kleinberg in Atlanta? Really nice stuff, and they can do most any sort of request... Call Diana: 888.404-7107.
Will do, thanks. I've talked to lots of places all over the country and I so far haven't had success.
post #97 of 176
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
Have you considered W. Kleinberg in Atlanta? Really nice stuff, and they can do most any sort of request... Call Diana: 888.404-7107.

I've tried them. I didn't like what they sent me.
post #98 of 176
Thread Starter 
I posted a pick of my surviving calf Tubo on my blog, if anyone's interested.
post #99 of 176
When you go Tubo, it's a whole different story.

Now I want to go Tubo.
post #100 of 176
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
When you go Tubo, it's a whole different story.

Now I want to go Tubo.

Guess what: my old Tubo was ~fiery chestnut.
post #101 of 176
Now you're just being cruel.

I would have liked to have seen a pic. I hope it turns up for you.
post #102 of 176
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Now you're just being cruel. I would have liked to have seen a pic. I hope it turns up for you.
Oh, it's gone. We live in a prison cell. There is no way it's here and we missed it. And Jay Kos charged a fortune for it: $1,000, back in 2005, for a version with a steel buckle. Just a couple of years ago, I found some (not my size) in Italy for 700 euros, with a sterling buckle. If I recall, you could get a steel buckle version for 400 euros or so. That said, I don't feel like I overpaid Jay. It's truly a unique item in the U.S.
post #103 of 176
A belt is a belt, I don't care about this tubo business, therefore no one should.

/Typical SF thread trajectory.
post #104 of 176
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
A belt is a belt, I don't care about this tubo business, therefore no one should.

/Typical SF thread trajectory.

This really hurts.
post #105 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Oh, it's gone. We live in a prison cell. There is no way it's here and we missed it. And Jay Kos charged a fortune for it: $1,000, back in 2005, for a version with a steel buckle. Just a couple of years ago, I found some (not my size) in Italy for 700 euros, with a sterling buckle. If I recall, you could get a steel buckle version for 400 euros or so.

That said, I don't feel like I overpaid Jay. It's truly a unique item in the U.S.

That sucks. Do you have any idea how it could have gotten lost? Should SFers be scouring the NYC Goodwills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
A belt is a belt, I don't care about this tubo business, therefore no one should.

/Typical SF thread trajectory.

Has anyone seen these at Marshalls? Does Fabio Ferretti make a Tubo?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Search for Tubo (R.I.P., Tubo)