or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Search for Tubo (R.I.P., Tubo)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Search for Tubo (R.I.P., Tubo) - Page 2

post #16 of 176
Try Despos in Chicago. Matte finish, small artisanal Italian maker unknown to the masses. reasonably priced, high quality, decent customer service, visits your city regularly, sells only firsts, no seconds, thirds or fourths, delivered boxed in its own cotton bag. Out of stock at present due to being such a hot seller. Those who saw them could not resist. Cannot redeem Andy points for this item.
post #17 of 176
I've read this thread before.


- B
post #18 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
I've read this thread before.


- B

Spooky...No?
post #19 of 176
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post
Try Despos in Chicago. Matte finish, small artisanal Italian maker unknown to the masses. reasonably priced, high quality, decent customer service, visits your city regularly, sells only firsts, no seconds, thirds or fourths, delivered boxed in its own cotton bag. Out of stock at present due to being such a hot seller. Those who saw them could not resist. Cannot redeem Andy points for this item.

Is it a Tubo by Longhi?
post #20 of 176
Jay Kos?
post #21 of 176
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Jay Kos?
No, they don't get the Tubo anymore, but I am looking for a color just a few shades darker than fiery chestnut.
post #22 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Jay Kos?



Foo, I thought you had found a European source for Longhi, no? You were supposed to PM me...I think it was two or three years ago.



Why don't you just have April in Paris make you one, or that guy Mark Kielty uses?


- B
post #23 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
My old alligator belt from Longhi got lost in the move to our new apartment, so I need a replacement.
Perhaps your belt will be like the Cleverleys I thought lost in a move ... and present itself a decade or more down the road.
post #24 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSS View Post
Perhaps your belt will be like the Cleverleys I thought lost in a move ... and present itself a decade or more down the road.

How does one lose the only belt one has? The One Belt?





- B
post #25 of 176
Thread Starter 
My European source fell through. I don't like the colors that April in Paris has: too bright and uniform. I want something that goes from almost black to almost red. Ah, Tubo . . .
post #26 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
How does one lose the only belt one has? The One Belt?
Perhaps he wore braces on the day of the move.
post #27 of 176
How about:

www.trafalgarstore.com

www.dantedifirenze.com

www.ralphlauren.com

I have never ordered from Dante Difirenze. Has anyone here?
post #28 of 176
We'll miss you, Turbo.
post #29 of 176
I was told by Wilkes Bashford that Zegna purchased Longhi about two years ago. Maybe you will find something in a Zegna store that is actually made by Longhi? Some of the new Zegna leather outerwear sure looks like Longhi made it.
post #30 of 176
Apparently this site (http://www.saratogasaddlery.com/prod...ts-535-78.html) sells "hornback" croc, which is the best in the world - peepage:



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Search for Tubo (R.I.P., Tubo)