or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Anyone in the Boston Area Want to Open a Restaurant With Me?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone in the Boston Area Want to Open a Restaurant With Me? - Page 3

post #31 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Sounds like your QSR won't be QS enough. I could help w/ that. Give you the SF discount of $350/hr.
I will pay you to quit your profession. jk (only if it's not really your profession)
post #32 of 61
OP, have you tried contacting the member known as "vox satoria"? I think he can help.
post #33 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by jays978 View Post
I will pay you to quit your profession. jk (only if it's not really your profession)
You can pay me to quit my profession. I'm trying to get out anyway!
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post
OP, have you tried contacting the member known as "vox satoria"? I think he can help.
DUDE WTF. I'm trying to work a client here and you are totally cockblocking my wallet. Fuck you. Fuck you hard.
post #34 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
I bet if it was six girls you'd consider it.

[edmorel]Add a bar and you can call it six girls one cup.[/edmorel]
post #35 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Six Guys?




- B

I'm sure if I made it 7 you'd be there all day!
post #36 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
You can pay me to quit my profession. I'm trying to get out anyway!

DUDE WTF. I'm trying to work a client here and you are totally cockblocking my wallet. Fuck you. Fuck you hard.

dude I feel he's gonna serve a lot of foamy stuff and ranch dressings.
post #37 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post
dude I feel he's gonna serve a lot of foamy stuff and ranch dressings.

I'm not into molecular gastronomy so no foams here!
post #38 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post
dude I feel he's gonna serve a lot of foamy stuff and ranch dressings.
A nice ranch dressing creme fraiche? Ketchup foam? If you do ever get something off the ground in boston lemme know as i'd drop by
post #39 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
A nice ranch dressing creme fraiche? Ketchup foam?




If you do ever get something off the ground in boston lemme know as i'd drop by

If you can open a real bbq place around these parts you can have my money.
post #40 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by pscolari View Post
If you can open a real bbq place around these parts you can have my money.

Yea, there are a few openings in different areas of boston. Not everyone wants to drive to m&m (and even then, i've only been once but wasn't floored. will try again with another menu item. still good though). The problem is do you do a straight forward one, or trendy it up a bit (while keeping the food good). Hard for startup places without anything going for them to last. Just a regular solid restaurant starting up is probably doomed to fail.
post #41 of 61
Do you need in-house counsel? I'll accept payment in the form of alcohol.
post #42 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pscolari View Post
If you can open a real bbq place around these parts you can have my money.


I can do BBQ very well, but don't want to be too burnt out (smoked) by the end of the day. A future venture perhaps.



Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
Yea, there are a few openings in different areas of boston. Not everyone wants to drive to m&m (and even then, i've only been once but wasn't floored. will try again with another menu item. still good though). The problem is do you do a straight forward one, or trendy it up a bit (while keeping the food good). Hard for startup places without anything going for them to last. Just a regular solid restaurant starting up is probably doomed to fail.


I feel like Bostonians don't know what they want in terms of restaurants, they just follow the crowd. That makes it that much harder to cater to them besides opening up a lunch spot for the working. Just like how you mentioned how one would need to "trendy" up a BBQ place.
post #43 of 61
There are some smaller operations that make good food without added flash. By "trendy" up a bbq place i mainly meant in comparison to a real bbq place from all over the south. Basically most look like someone bought out a mcdonalds, put yellow tinted lighting in and called it a day. I mean, unless you've been around forever as an established bbq place who does well in regional and national competitions and have a good reputation, you can't just open a place like that up. Especially since boston doesn't have a big bbq community. If capital, real esate, and manpower is a problem for you, why don't you try a food truck?
post #44 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by jays978 View Post
I feel like Bostonians don't know what they want in terms of restaurants, they just follow the crowd. That makes it that much harder to cater to them besides opening up a lunch spot for the working. Just like how you mentioned how one would need to "trendy" up a BBQ place.

I think you are buying into the local media's take on Boston dining at face value. Reading The Improper and Boston Magazine will brainwash you into believing your quote is true. For me, the people that follow the crowd are the suburbans who come into the South End and dine at Stella or Stephi's on Tremont to be seen out. These are the people that skim the Improper or BM and decide where to eat. There are a ton of great restaurants that have been chugging along but are not owned by Barbara Lynch or Ken Oringer, and do not get the lion's share of press around these parts. Not to mention, there is also a huge Chowhound and Grub Street community spreading the word about noteworthy places.
post #45 of 61
What do you need a partner for? To bankroll the idea?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Anyone in the Boston Area Want to Open a Restaurant With Me?