Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant
Maybe people here are sick of Tom Cruise, too. His name doesn't come up as often as those of other celebrities with a signature look.
Here's a thought: his "peacock" style (black suits, flashy shirts, and "trendy" hair) has contributed to the decline of his popularity among the common man (or woman). What do you think?
No. I like to think most celebrities dress rubbishly off-screen. His decline of popularity amongst the common man (was he ever REALLY that popular amongst men?) is entirely due to his ability to embarass himself in several ways:
- The Oprah fiasco
- Purchasing of a baby sonogram machine
- Refusal to marry Katie Holmes, mother of his child, until she has "properly" adopted Scientology
- Public dismissal of Matt Lauer's intelligence
- Public dismissal of prescription psychiatric drugs as a valid method of treatment
- Public dimissal of Brooke Shields' usage of such drugs
- Recent announcment from Paramount that they have dropped his production studio from any future deals
The list will undoubtedly grow. On a fashion note, I never thought he was that snappy of a dresser anyway. Off-screen that is. On-screen, I would say Collateral is probably his best film fashion-wise.